Thai Airways (Tg) A380 Preview

It certainly looks nice, I wonder which route it will be used on.

Like you, William, I was a tad disappointed with the 32 inch seat pitich, I recently flew on the Emirates A380 and was impressed with their economy seats, on checking I note that they are also 32 inch, so maybe it will be ok. Could always use a couple of extra inches though.

The biggest problem with this model aircraft is the sheer voiume of people that it can carry. I recently went to DXB, flight was cancelled and there was about 600-700 people ( not sure how much it can hold ) trying to get vouchers for hotels etc from 2 x Emirates staff at the desk where they take your ticket at the boarding gate, it was complete chaos....

Business class on this model is very nice on Emirates & economy is also better than most other models.

JH

Edited by metisdead
Please use default forum font.

Like you, William, I was a tad disappointed with the 32 inch seat pitich, I recently flew on the Emirates A380 and was impressed with their economy seats, on checking I note that they are also 32 inch, so maybe it will be ok. Could always use a couple of extra inches though.

I read somewhere, that London LHR- Bangkok will be one of the inaugural routes.

The steerage class screens, would appear to be much smaller than those installed on Emirate's 380s.

Was a mistake leaving out premium economy. Not all large people are wealthy.I've been lucky enough to go business class before, but if the new business class is dearer, I will have to change airline for good as I won't fly economy.

The biggest problem with this model aircraft is the sheer voiume of people that it can carry. I recently went to DXB, flight was cancelled and there was about 600-700 people ( not sure how much it can hold ) trying to get vouchers for hotels etc from 2 x Emirates staff at the desk where they take your ticket at the boarding gate, it was complete chaos....

Business class on this model is very nice on Emirates & economy is also better than most other models.

JH

Emirates operate 3 different configurations :-

489 seats Ultra-Long Range 3-class

517 seats Long Range 3-class

600 seats Medium Range 2-class

The steerage class screens, would appear to be much smaller than those installed on Emirate's 380s.

I agree,I hope they do introduce on LHR-BKK-LHR early 2012

Edited by wileycoyote

I was upgraded on emirates new 380 last year business class, they wanted to see how theyd cope, ill tell you absobloodylutley fantastic, boy if i only had the money to do it everytime, and no wait at bkk ushered straight through they could not do enough for me when i returned 5 months later cattle class seemed even worse than usual!!

Last time we went 1st Class with Thai (only the 2 of us in the cabin) our inflight entertainment consisted of a 6" Sony Watchman! 23" TVs now .... ?? Singapore Airlines and others had what Thai are advertising now years ago.

Still, looks nice. Maybe time to go TG again.

Nothing special. Emirates first is miles better and the biz class looks very ordinary. As for the 3-4-3 config in economy its unappealing to me.

Only the non stop angle and price would get me on that plane I'm afraid and with the poor food generally I'll stick with the middle east carriers for the moment.

This bus won't be any cheaper to fly than the Dream or current 747s, bank on it.

As if flying with 200 sheep wasn't fun enough, you get 400 more.

I never liked the concept, its massive.

I flew on the Emirates A380 and in first class it was fantastic. The Thai planes are a wasted opportunity to move to the front of the field. Instead they've buried their heads in the sand as usual.

"Look look! Seat back TV'si in economy! lie flat seats in business class! 16in TV's in business class!" Particularly derisory that last one.

How about better service and food. Better lounges. Free limo service. 34in seat pitch. Private cabins in 1st class. Where's the bar area as per Emirates?

<deleted> appalling.

Was a mistake leaving out premium economy. Not all large people are wealthy.I've been lucky enough to go business class before, but if the new business class is dearer, I will have to change airline for good as I won't fly economy.

Would love to try the 380 some day. :rolleyes: wonder if all the people will be a problem with overhead luggage and eating and such. I can not afford first class or even business so it would have been premium economy for me. Seems like that is not an option.

I did they A380 to and from Hong Kong with Emirates. The flight back was compeletly full, not an empty seat, the seats and service were absolutly fine and I vowed that as I could no longer justify business class, higher fares, departure taxes combined with the fact I now have to pay my own fares, I would opt for this service to and from the UK.

I go through about 44 hours of pain every year, not including layovers and time to and from airports. All I need is more space in my seat and somewhere to stand up a bit, say a lounge. Just checked my ticket back to states this year - 2000US. Think what I am getting for this. Sardine class.

I go through about 44 hours of pain every year, not including layovers and time to and from airports. All I need is more space in my seat and somewhere to stand up a bit, say a lounge. Just checked my ticket back to states this year - 2000US. Think what I am getting for this. Sardine class.

I think there may be something fishy about this ! :lol:

:sorry:

Edited by Ricardo

Flew to BKK from DUBAI on 380 in business class. I did not like how there was a cubby hole for your feet in under the seat in front of you when you are laid out flat trying to get some sleep. I found this a bit too restricting. I did however like that I could walk to the bar at the back of the plane to get someting to help me sleep!!

Though I will not avoid going on the 380 in future, I will not go out of my way to fly in one again.

Edited by mickmac

If they use the A380 on the LHR-BKK route, they better get some better marketing. I flew that route last month on their 747-400 and total passengers was around 100.