How Much To E.M.S Letter To U.S.A

wpcoe

I went to the Hua Hin post office with two letters -- single sheet of A4 folded into thirds slid into an envelope of that size -- and was told it was B600 each to EMS them to the USA. That seems a bit high for a "5 to 6 day delivery period." I'd just like to confirm that that is about the right price.

She said the only other option was B56 and would take up to two weeks. Quite a difference!

Oh, and for a good laugh go to: http://www2.thailandpost.com/search_ems_result_en.asp and tell me what purpose that page has? Using IE9 or Opera at least, selecting a country and a weight in grams and clicking "search" simply repeats your destination and weight up above. Priceless!

I was quoted 950 baht for a EMS letter to Finland.

Paid 65 baht for airmail.

On Koh Samui

Okay then, comparatively the B600 (and B56) seems within reason, I guess. B600 just seemed like a lot for a 5-6 day delivery.

But, since there's no FedEx, UPS or DHL here in Hua Hin, it's the only game in town! :)

I was quoted 950 baht for a EMS letter to Finland.

Paid 65 baht for airmail.

On Koh Samui

Okay then, comparatively the B600 (and B56) seems within reason, I guess. B600 just seemed like a lot for a 5-6 day delivery.

But, since there's no FedEx, UPS or DHL here in Hua Hin, it's the only game in town! :)

Be aware that you can only track EMS in Thailand, when it leaves it's not The Thailand Posts responsibility any-more. :annoyed:

I have sent letters both by EMS and normal post to the UK, most times the normal post arrived quicker. And as stated earlier EMS will only give you peace of mind in Thailand.

Any important docs be sure to use DHL etc., can't believe you don't have in Hua Hin! Would be worth a drive to BKK if important docs.

All EMS letters I've sent to the US from Chiang Mai has been 600 Baht.

Same 600 baht for me from Prasat/Surin a couple of times, but airmail at 27 baht has always arrived in about 10 days, also done several times.

mario299 :rolleyes: