How Long Can Yingluck Hide From The Big Tough Issues?

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just told the red-leaning girlfriend that PTP plans to reduce the value of her gold by about half (without mentioning that it was a total wank) - they just lost 1 vote!

You must be so proud of your girlfriend. I'd be ashamed to write something like this about my wife.

:rolleyes:

Edited by themockrat

Typical Nation biased piece. She hasn't had a debate yet, but is doing wonderfully well in the polls. Why change things? Certainly not for the sake of her critics, who are the ones vociferously calling for it. Go Yingluck, you're doing just fine.

well said.;)

Typical Nation biased piece. She hasn't had a debate yet, but is doing wonderfully well in the polls. Why change things? Certainly not for the sake of her critics, who are the ones vociferously calling for it. Go Yingluck, you're doing just fine.

well said.;)

philw???

Who says she's hiding? Just because Abhisit tells her to debate with him now doesn't mean she has to do it.

The majority of the public wants it.

She's always talking about the wishes of the majority, well here's her chance to respond in action to what her mouth has been saying.

well said.;)

philw???

Yes, carry on keeping the Thai public unaware of her plans for implementation of the party's policies. Don't do anything such as explaining and defending Pheua Thai's policies with other parties so the Thai public can make an intelligent choice. Keep the public in the dark as to her ability.

Dress up as a Muslim, an Issan cook, a farmer,(she had serious trouble handling the plough 2 days ago), what's next?

Regarding the tablet computer policy- on their billboard it says 'One tablet PC for every child' but I see Pheua Thai are now saying it's only for every child in Grade 1 (Prathom 1).Could they be sued for false advertising claims?

Who says she's hiding? Just because Abhisit tells her to debate with him now doesn't mean she has to do it.

She's always talking about the wishes of the majority, well here's her chance to respond in action to what her mouth has been saying.

Not only that, which is the duty-bound reason for Yinglak to debate, but as I mentioned earlier she is losing support each day that the very important question of "exactly what are you going to do and how" goes unanswered, support for Peua Thai will lessen.

By how much it will lessen is a factor, admittedly, but Peua Thai had better get some answers together before the swing voters decide to go with the person who sounds like he has a plan rather than the person who offers promises of unconditional wealth with no apparent credible strategy.

The only answer I've seen so far is "she will launch mega-projects". Corruption free, I'm sure, as this is something that she says will improve if Peua Thai win.

come on shes brilliant as are all her parties ideas. To bring thailand into future of course every child should have a computer and to stop brain drain all graduates should get at least 15,000 baht and why should only rich people have credit cards. Of course all thai teachers know how to teach using computers and all children will immediately be transformed into highly articulate individuals. With all extra money the graduates get this will improve the economy enormously and once Thailand gets its rightful polititians back they will like last time totally solve drug problem.

Come on give poor a break jap.gif

And on top of that at a recent rally they promised the gold price would go back to when Mr T was around and so everyone could get more affordable gold. partytime2.gif

Just told the red-leaning girlfriend that PTP plans to reduce the value of her gold by about half (without mentioning that it was a total wank) - they just lost 1 vote!

ROTFLOL..

LOVE IT... please make signs up!

Between 79-83% of the public wants a debate.

Politically, she is doing very well. If she wins without having a debate, so what??. People on ThaksinVengeance.com will not be satisfied? Well, bad luck, do you think she or Thaksin give a dam_n about you. The Dems are calling for a debate, others are asking for the truth on the 91 deaths, but it looks like neither party is replying, because they both know it's the best thing to do for their chances in the election. Can't blame them.

The single most important thing in a democracy is having an informed citizenry, I would say that it's the fundamental pillar of democracy; without it you may just as well call it quits and go for dictatorship, "boss knows best", no need to explain or seek consent from those under your rule.

Politically, she is doing very well. If she wins without having a debate, so what??. People on ThaksinVengeance.com will not be satisfied? Well, bad luck, do you think she or Thaksin give a dam_n about you. The Dems are calling for a debate, others are asking for the truth on the 91 deaths, but it looks like neither party is replying, because they both know it's the best thing to do for their chances in the election. Can't blame them.

The single most important thing in a democracy is having an informed citizenry, I would say that it's the fundamental pillar of democracy; without it you may just as well call it quits and go for dictatorship, "boss knows best", no need to explain or seek consent from those under your rule.

"Democracy is just a tool, not our goal."

-- Thaksin Shinawatra

Says who? The Nation poll? :whistling:

Source?

Source?

ABAC and Dusit polls, way, way beyond their typical margin of error.

Edited by animatic

For those who missed her inspired, brilliant, thought provoking interview... here you go. No wonder they don't want her to debate, she'd be eaten alive.

nopm-1.png

Video News - ABC News interview

http://www.abc.net.a.../01/3233091.htm

This should be sub-titled in Thai and shown to all those who honestly consider bringing her to power. From what I've gleaned in those roughly 5 minutes, her answers were wishy-washy, superficial, without substance. The talk of a diplomat who speaks a lot without saying anything, not of a potential government leader.

I really am shocked that Yingluck is even being considered

'i will use my management skill to solve the problem'

'my family is politition family'

i belive that people will give me a chance, i have experience deal with 20,000 customer'

is this serious?

Its like a comedy show...

There are thousands of educated women who could be strong enough to rule Thailand - Yingluck is not one of them - If she wins Thailand will be laughed at by international standards and governments.

This is not a rant against women in power - just the obvious fact that there is a pretty face and nothing else...

For those who missed her inspired, brilliant, thought provoking interview... here you go. No wonder they don't want her to debate, she'd be eaten alive.

nopm-1.png

And... ?

A pretty soft but sound interview. Soft in that there were no detailed questions on policies, but her responses were fine as far as the questions went.

Let me say that from what I know of Thaskin, he is not a true friend of democracy, but he entered office on the shoulders of democracy and was thrown out of Thailand (twice) on the shoulders of political power-struggles. It clearly would have been better for Thai democracy if he had left power in an election rather than in a coup. But that is not what happened and this election is now part of the resulting events still having to deal with that coup.

The other article posted on the students was a good one. The students point out that the results of this coming election need to be honored so that Thailand can move on with democracy. What a nice thought.

Yes. she is very good at being pretty and somewhat charismatic and all her limbs move as if they weren't pulled by strings dangling from Thaksin Shinawatra's fingers. Btu let's see her in a debate and see if she has any nouse. Elections are supposed to be about the electorate making an informed choice, not just a game for greedy egocentric people to play to compete for the spoils of power. That's why change things.

You go, girl!

Let me say that from what I know of Thaskin, he is not a true friend of democracy, but he entered office on the shoulders of democracy and was thrown out of Thailand (twice) on the shoulders of political power-struggles. It clearly would have been better for Thai democracy if he had left power in an election rather than in a coup. But that is not what happened and this election is now part of the resulting events still having to deal with that coup.

Personally I disagree, as Thaksin spent around 3 years (2003-06) replacing democratic controls with autocratic ones. I think democracy in Thailand needed the catalyst of Thaksin's wrongdoings to evolve into something stronger... otherwise we'd just have had a coup further down the line instead and Thailand would be 20 (?) years further behind in democratic terms when Thaksin was eventually deposed - or democracy would have been "manoevered" into a system of autocracy. I suppose the fact that there has only been 80 years of democracy in this country is a big factor here.

He came to power democratically, he dragged out his 2nd term undemocratically, he was kicked out undemocratically but, at the time, the majority of the country was celebrating it. He came back when the courts were operating under PPP rule and they convicted his wife anyway (I suspect to his surprise, given Samak was PM) - so he ran away (he wasn't kicked out twice). He's still on the run.

Democracy isn't about making the most people happy, it's about not being unacceptable to the majority.

You must be so proud of your girlfriend. I'd be ashamed to write something like this about my wife.

Very strange - the reply notification links to a very different message. Why would I be ashamed of the g/f? Would you vote for a party with a policy (even if unachievable) that would reduce by half the value of your total investments? <snip>

So basically you are gloating over thinking that you successfully manipulated to your g/f?

And foreigners claim Thais are manipulative?

yikes.

She is doing well in the polls and so why screw it up with a real debate focusing on real issues. Why change things? I agree not for the sake of her critics but for the sake of people voting on what a person stands for and what they hope to accomplish. I think a debate would not really hurt Yingluck it would however get her feet truly wet.

nopm-1.png

Having watched the link that you kindly provided, I think she fared much better than I had anticipated. If I compare this with Abhisit's interview on the BBC "hardtalk" show. I see little to choose between them other than Abhisit's obviously better command of English. An advantage that would be lost in a Thai debate.

Why? Not voting for someone that is promising to decrease your net worth by 50% is not something to be ashamed of.

well said.;)

philw???

Yes, carry on keeping the Thai public unaware of her plans for implementation of the party's policies. Don't do anything such as explaining and defending Pheua Thai's policies with other parties so the Thai public can make an intelligent choice. Keep the public in the dark as to her ability.

Dress up as a Muslim, an Issan cook, a farmer,(she had serious trouble handling the plough 2 days ago), what's next?

Regarding the tablet computer policy- on their billboard it says 'One tablet PC for every child' but I see Pheua Thai are now saying it's only for every child in Grade 1 (Prathom 1).Could they be sued for false advertising claims?

Wouldn't it make more sense to give computers to kids that are more likely to be able to use them? Giving computers to all 6 year old kids seems like a waste to me. A few may be able to use them but most would not.

Wouldn't it make more sense to give computers to kids that are more likely to be able to use them? Giving computers to all 6 year old kids seems like a waste to me. A few may be able to use them but most would not.

And, in addition to that, the computer will be unlikely to last a year, especially with 6 year olds. What are they going to do when they are 7?

And, in addition to that, the computer will be unlikely to last a year, especially with 6 year olds. What are they going to do when they are 7?

True. It would make more sense to wait until the kids have had some experience using computers at school and are old enough to take care of them. Using my kids as an example i would say 8 years old but using most of my thai friends kids as an example i would say at least 10 years old.

Very strange - the reply notification links to a very different message. Why would I be ashamed of the g/f? Would you vote for a party with a policy (even if unachievable) that would reduce by half the value of your total investments? <snip>

So basically you are gloating over thinking that you successfully manipulated to your g/f?

And foreigners claim Thais are manipulative?

yikes.

We have a little political repartee and one-up-manship which while amusing is really irrelevant. I don't get a vote, and she couldn't be bothered as a long way from home. The most amusing part was that she, like many thais would believe that such a thing was possible, and that PTP would make such a statement indicating their own ignorance, or that they are prepared to play on the ignorance of their supporters.