Extend 30 Day Stamp

When counting the 30 days permission to stay, does the arrival day count as day one of the 30 days?

I am back in Oz for a couple of months and have a mate here who is going to Thailand, arriving on the 19th of June, staying for 37 (or is it 38 :blink:) days with maybe a side-trip to Cambodia in that time.

No set plans yet but he's worried about overstaying his 30 day permission stamp.

According to this site a 30 day arrival stamp can be extended at immigration for 7 - 15 days.

I assume both options cost the same at 1,900bht

If he does make it to Cambodia what day will he have to return to LOS so he can fly out on the 26th of July without overstaying the border run 15 days. ( There's that day counting conundrum again) :rolleyes:

The day you arrive is day 1.

A visa exempt entry cna only be extended by 7 days, if you can show a ticket out of the country.

His problem will be boarding the aircraft, as the airline might not take him with them as he needs to have proof of onward travel within 30 days if he doesn't have a visa. He is best off by applying for a torist visa of 60 days, and maybe apply for a re-entry permit in Thailand. (Unless he goes to Cambodia by air and already has a ticket to show)

Well, the bloke at the consulate talked my mate into a single entry 60 day visa at a cost of $45 aus compared to $90 for the double entry. (bring back the free visas please)

I mentioned that as I can only stay 3 months at a time I usually get a double entry and if I don't travel out during the first 2 months I just extend the visa by 1 month at immigration.

Then he tells me that I have been lucky because they won't normally extend a double entry visa by that long.:blink:

I'm assuming he's got that wrong.

I then asked him if next trip I could get a single entry 60 days and extend that but I got the same reply.

What are the visa extension rules nowadays?

The normal extension of a tourist visa entry is 30 days.

So I can extend the single entry 60 day visa for another 30 days same as the double entry?

Beauty, I can save myself 45 bucks.:lol:

Thanks lopburi