Dearest Bottle Of Beer On Samui ?

Last night I decided to go along to soi Reggae to a very large bar at the bottom end, they usually have a band on but my luck was out, "it's Tuesday no band"

ok we are here its midnight and maybee there are very few customers because the band don't play Tuesday or was it because a bottle of San Miguel light was 140 baht !!!!!

yes 140 baht for a beer, is there a Bar on Samui that chatges any more or is this the most expensive bottle of beer available on the Island?

it may be ok hitting tourist's in the wallet but I live here and I'm in no rush to ever go there again, I went to Bangrak afterwards and only paid 80 baht, almost half price.

try Q-Bar if you want an expensive beer, think after you paid the service and vat a Heineken is by far over 200....

cheers..

Q Bar is one of the more expensive places, also the bar in the banyan tree is 320 THB i think...

San Mig is a lady drink beer.

If you buy the ladies a beer they ask for San Mig.

Other beers probably 70-80 baht.

Think again, they do not sell Heineken or Tiger or Tiger light. it's the first San Mig I have drunk in years and only because my first , second and third choice drink was not available.

Im a strict Tiger or Leo man myself. I consider anything more than 80 for a Tiger and 70 for a Leo a criminal activity.

I do like San Mig Light, but dont drink it due to the prices many bar charge. Its crazy, because when you go to Makro the San Mig isnt that much more expensive really - not to justify such crazy prices.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edited by Rooo
Edited out advert for bar.

A mate recently had 4 Heinekens in a boomerang style bar which cost him 4200 Baht.

Anyone guess where? :D

never ....... 1,050 THB a bottle of beer ! , but i guess which bar you are refering to in Chaweng, but i drank there before and it was only 120 THB a bottle

A mate recently had 4 Heinekens in a boomerang style bar which cost him 4200 Baht.

never ....... 1,050 THB a bottle of beer ! , but i guess which bar you are refering to in Chaweng, but i drank there before and it was only 120 THB a bottle

Not in Chaweng....guess again! :D

Did that include return flights?:blink:

maybe "ALL" inclusive, :wub: :wub: :wub:

Holy Moly.... come on do tell, .............the suspense is driving me to drink! :cheesy:

A neighbour introduced me to a Aussie beer the other day... called ARCHA..... I had never seen before, but tastes a bit like Heineken to me, not that I am a beer connoisseur & not being much a beer drinker, certainly not at bars anyway ;) I thought they only had 4 X is the land of OZ :lol:

It's only 33 baht for a large bottle (cold) at one of the small shops in Maenam ... 7-11 price higher, but then most things are! :burp:

Holy Moly.... come on do tell, .............the suspense is driving me to drink! cheesy.gif

A neighbour introduced me to a Aussie beer the other day... called ARCHA..... I had never seen before, but tastes a bit like Heineken to me, not that I am a beer connoisseur & not being much a beer drinker, certainly not at bars anyway wink.gif I thought they only had 4 X is the land of OZ laugh.gif

It's only 33 baht for a large bottle (cold) at one of the small shops in Maenam ... 7-11 price higher, but then most things are! burp.gif

Since when is Archa beer Aussie?

Holy Moly.... come on do tell, .............the suspense is driving me to drink! cheesy.gif

A neighbour introduced me to a Aussie beer the other day... called ARCHA..... I had never seen before, but tastes a bit like Heineken to me, not that I am a beer connoisseur & not being much a beer drinker, certainly not at bars anyway wink.gif I thought they only had 4 X is the land of OZ laugh.gif

It's only 33 baht for a large bottle (cold) at one of the small shops in Maenam ... 7-11 price higher, but then most things are! burp.gif

Since when is Archa beer Aussie?

I'm quite fond of the nectar of the gods but I've never heard of it here in Aus. How new is it? Where is it brewed?

Archa is the big Issan beer. Very popular in the Sakhon Nakhon and Undon Thani area as it's 33 baht in the local store for a big bottle. With ice and lemonade (yes shandy) it's ok on hot issan summers night. You don't see it being sold in many (any) bars. It's very flat so the lemonade gives it some fizz. I will stick to my Leo however.

Aussie beer?