Marriage Visa To Work Permit

I've got a non o visa on the grounds of marriage with an extension of stay that expires on July 2011 ... I'm getting a work permit this month... Do I need to exit thailand to apply for a new visa? The lawyers offics says I don't need to get a new visa but I figured I'd check with the experts on thaivisa.com. Thanks for your input.

You don't have to leave Thailand and get a new visa. Your extension of stay for living with your Thai wife qualifies you to pick up the work permit when it is ready, and you can continue to apply for extensions of stay based on your marriage after you start working.

Would you be so kind as to describe to us how you obtained this work permit? What steps?

Thanks.

Work permit not yet obtained... paperwork is being prepared by lawyers. I transferred the ownership of a corporation ( amity ).

With my marriage visa I normally have to get a fresh non-o after 12 or so months... I was expecting the work permit to require the same thing.

You don't have to leave Thailand and get a new visa. Your extension of stay for living with your Thai wife qualifies you to pick up the work permit when it is ready, and you can continue to apply for extensions of stay based on your marriage after you start working.

Thanks for the quick reply.... May I ask what happens with the work permit and visa run requirements if I get a divorce? Thanks for any tips.

A marriage extension of stay never requires a new visa run - you just extend the stay each year like any other extension.

If you divorce your extension of stay ends and to continue working you would have to exit/return with a non immigrant B visa and then extend that if qualified.

Most people consider the marriage more stable than the job so continue to use Thai Wife extension of stay while working.

A marriage extension of stay never requires a new visa run - you just extend the stay each year like any other extension.

If you divorce your extension of stay ends and to continue working you would have to exit/return with a non immigrant B visa and then extend that if qualified.

Most people consider the marriage more stable than the job so continue to use Thai Wife extension of stay while working.

For the annual extension do I need to bring in all the paperwork again? Thanks for the clarification.

You always have to provide full paperwork for extension of stay. The only thing that might not be required are photos for marriage extension of stay and map to residence if no changes in home.

Thank you for this info, I plan to do just that...