Yingluck Mulls Defamation Suit against Kaewsun And Tul

webfact

Some of the posters on this forum amaze me. Of course it is politically motivated. One of the first rules of politics is you you keep your cards close and play them at the best time. The fact that a Thai court ruled that she lied about her shares in the Thaksin case gives some people a pretty strong hand. You then keep hold of it and play it at the time for maximum benfit to yourself. Now seems like a pretty good time to play those cards you were played.

The childlike innocence for like of a better word, altough I would like to say stupidity, of some posters on here continues to amaze me. WAKE UP and look at the world. It's the same all over the place. Politics is a dirty game and nobody in their right mind would put forward a candidate, whom a court has ruled has perjoured, and not expect people to bring it up. Then to claim it's not fair is unbelievable.

All I can say is that my Prathom 6 class would beat a lot of the posters hands down on an IQ test. Thats the stupid Thai kids that some people constantly berate on many threads.

Edited by Throatwobbler

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Noppadon stressed that both Mr Kaewsan and Medical Doctor Tul must be ready to take their legal responsibilities for making such an allegation against others. He said he would see what actions should be taken against the two after the election.

With PTP having filed charges against k. Kaewsan and Dr. Tul I'm wondering when k. Noppadon issued this warning of 'action against the two after the election'? Did he speak out before, or after the formal charge filing by PTP? The timing of the newsflashes suggest AFTER which makes me wonder if I should read a sinister threat in the remark <_<

Pheu Thai files defamation case against Kaewsun, Tul

By THE NATION

The Pheu Thai Party filed a police complaint yesterday against the critics of ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who are now campaigning against the party's prime-ministerial candidate Yingluck Shinawatra.

The party's spokesman Prompong Nopparit filed a complaint with the Crime Suppression Division accusing Kaewsun Atibodhi and Dr Tul Sitthisomwong of libel and defamation by uploading false data on the Internet. He said Pheu Thai considered the campaign against Yingluck a political move that was aimed at creating a negative image.

Kaewsun, a former member of the post-coup Assets Examination Committee, and Tul, who leads the multicoloured shirts, are accusing Yingluck of lying in court in last year's asset-concealment case against her brother. The Supreme Court ordered a seizure of Bt46 billion of Thaksin's assets found to have been earned dishonestly.

Kaewsun and Tul, who are part of a group called the Network of Citizens against Amnesty for Thaksin Corruption, had said they would collect signatures to support their campaign against Yingluck as well as file a complaint with the Department of Special Investigation seeking an investigation into the matter.

DSI director-general Tarit Pengdith said yesterday that once Kaewsun and Tul file their complaint on June 21, his agency would check to see if the matter came under its scope of jurisdiction. Also, he said, if the DSI did agree to look into the matter, the investigation would not be completed before the July 3 election.

Meanwhile, the Network of Citizens against Amnesty for Thaksin Corruption posted an announcement on Facebook yesterday saying that its move against Yingluck was legal. The group claims that in her court testimony, Yingluck had said she owned shares that were believed to be Thaksin's. This claim was eventually rejected by court as unconvincing.

The group's statement said Pheu Thai should have taken the libel case directly to court so the network had a chance to explain itself.

In a related development, Poomtham Vechayachai, a former member of Thaksin's cabinet, posted a Twitter message questioning Kaewsun's moves against Yingluck.

Poomtham said that just recently Kaewsun had voiced his opposition to the idea of campaigning against Yingluck, but then he changed his mind abruptly. He also warned Kaewsun that he might "fall down and get hurt" while he was trying to trip up Yingluck.

He questioned Kaewsun's credibility as a former law professor at Thammasat University.

"If you get sued for being a witness on the losing side, then there should be lots and lots of defendants," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-06-10

PT/TRT/Thaksin modus operandi is to ape the methodology of Harry Lee down in Singapore.

That is to sue any opponent into bankruptcy over supposed defamation.

They tried this last time they were in power and it nearly worked.

Rather than assuming that it's all part of some cunning plan within PTP, I'd prefer the 'cock-up theory of life', and that Ms Yingluck is simply not in control of her party, or the actions of its more-prominent members. :huh:

No doubt she will shortly 'set the record straight', and publicly reprimand Prompong Nopparit, for taking action while she was still thinking about what to do ?

After all, a failure to do so, would tend to confirm that she's weak & not-in-command of Pheu Thai, after all ! B)

Edited by Ricardo

Poomtham Vechayachai, a former member of Thaksin's cabinet, posted a Twitter message questioning Kaewsun's moves against Yingluck.

"If you get sued for being a witness on the losing side, then there should be lots and lots of defendants," he said.

poom2.jpg

Former Transportation Minister and Thai Rak Thai Party Deputy Secretary-General Poomtham

Something Poomtham failed to differeniate in his comments is that it's only witnesses that perjure themselves during testifying as a witness that should end up as defendants. Something the banned from politics defendant should have realized.

These two ventriloquist puppets should have their strings cut by Yingluck :lol:

with 6 identical posts, I think you made your point.... even if it is an irrelevant one!

Wasn't trying to make a point that way, I had trouble posting this morning, slow connection or something, and you can not delete post, so stuck with it.;)

These two ventriloquist puppets should have their strings cut by Yingluck :lol:

with 6 identical posts, I think you made your point.... even if it is an irrelevant one!

Wasn't trying to make a point that way, I had trouble posting this morning, slow connection or something, and you can not delete post, so stuck with it.;)

Don't worry, PM Yingluck will provide Thailand with a top class internet system, and outstanding connection.....Not yet announced, but coming soon.. :D

Rather than assuming that it's all part of some cunning plan within PTP, I'd prefer the 'cock-up theory of life', and that Ms Yingluck is simply not in control of her party, or the actions of its more-prominent members. :huh:

No doubt she will shortly 'set the record straight', and publicly reprimand Prompong Nopparit, for taking action while she was still thinking about what to do ?

After all, a failure to do so, would tend to confirm that she's weak & not-in-command of Pheu Thai, after all ! B)

I don't know of anyone, on either side of the political fence who proposes that Ms Yingluck is in control of anything. When she was announced to lead the party, she was called the puppeteer's clone in the same breath. Two weeks before that announcement, PT party declared their slogan, "Thaksin thinks, Puea Thai acts." I don't know if Ms Yingluck is even in charge of the many whitening cream tubes in her bathroom cabinet.

As for defamation of character suits: Because the rich and powerful in Thailand are so quick to slap such suits, that's a big reason why Thailand can't progress beyond the baby stages of democracy. D of C suits preclude politicians debating or even discussing real issues, as the grandstanders are all so thin skinned, that the slightest aspersion will send them running to their lawyers to slap yet more suits. It also explains why Thailand doesn't have any Late Night comedians, like Letterman, Leno, or Conan, because such comedians couldn't make a mention of top politicians for the same reasons. Probably the biggest question in all this: Does a politician like Thaksin still have any bit of a decent character - that still might get defamed?

It also explains why Thailand doesn't have any Late Night comedians, like Letterman, Leno, or Conan, because such comedians couldn't make a mention of top politicians for the same reasons.

I've been told that Udom had told political jokes on stage (about some of the politicians who are now in Pheu Thai?) years ago and subsequently received death threats and property damage. Can anyone confirm?

I don't know of anyone, on either side of the political fence who proposes that Ms Yingluck is in control of anything. When she was announced to lead the party, she was called the puppeteer's clone in the same breath. Two weeks before that announcement, PT party declared their slogan, "Thaksin thinks, Puea Thai acts." I don't know if Ms Yingluck is even in charge of the many whitening cream tubes in her bathroom cabinet.

As for defamation of character suits: Because the rich and powerful in Thailand are so quick to slap such suits, that's a big reason why Thailand can't progress beyond the baby stages of democracy. D of C suits preclude politicians debating or even discussing real issues, as the grandstanders are all so thin skinned, that the slightest aspersion will send them running to their lawyers to slap yet more suits. It also explains why Thailand doesn't have any Late Night comedians, like Letterman, Leno, or Conan, because such comedians couldn't make a mention of top politicians for the same reasons. Probably the biggest question in all this: Does a politician like Thaksin still have any bit of a decent character - that still might get defamed?

She's not in control as I read this from an interview;

Jessy: You have interviewed Chuwit Kamolwisit and Yingluck Shinawatra. How was that experience for you?

Ben: It was interesting. With Yingluck, it was very controlled; she has her people around her and they guide everything that is being said, and everything that is being done. You can’t really go off script. If you do, they tell you to stop. It was fascinating to see how the media machine works. Notes got passed to my boss, saying “Stop the interview now” and “Don’t ask that question.”

Interesting interview ... particularly the part where she says she will use the team "that was already successful in the past" to eliminate drugs in 12 months. More extra-judicial drug deaths?

she has a point - it's politically motivated

You bet your sweet life it is.

As is ever single action of her day, short of what she does in the loo. And maybe she does need to wash her hands a lot more lately.

Edited by animatic

Interesting interview ... particularly the part where she says she will use the team "that was already successful in the past" to eliminate drugs in 12 months. More extra-judicial drug deaths?

Her co-hort Snoh added "ultimate" for the description of the next TRT/PTP Drug War.

Someone needs to inform Grandma Udom to get another refrigerator and stand by for the next hail of bullets ...

2,500 non-judicial murders was the result. With Snoh's adding "ultimate" to the next Drug War, one can only imagine how many citizens will be murdered in it.

Grandma Udom may not be so lucky to escape with her life in the next one.

6548532low.gif

Grandma Udom and the infamous refrigerator that saved her and her husband's life when a Drug War commando unit mistakenly attacked their house

Deputy Leader Of The People Power Party To Stand Trial For Attempted Murder, Former Thaksin Cabinet Minister and 7 Police Officers accused

The Ayutthaya provincial court yesterday accepted a case filed by an elderly couple accusing Yongyuth Tiyapairat, Deputy Leader of the People Power Party, of attempted murder in a raid which saw police riddle their house with bullets three years ago.

On July 7, 2004, Yongyuth, while serving as PM's Office Minister in the Thaksin administration, led a security task force in a night raid on a house owned by Udom and Nisai Satakurama in Ayutthaya's Bang Sai district.

Deputy Leader Of The People Power Party To Stand Trial For Attempted Murder, Former Thaksin Cabinet Minister and 7 Police Officers accused

http://www.thaivisa....ttempted+murder

Edited by Buchholz

Yep, it's all about not causing loss of face, so you can get away with blue murder. And yes tightening back these archaic laws would be a great first step.

So poor lil Yinggie Lucky is mulling a good whine.... About people taking legal action against her, and answering questions about it from the press. Thailand the best defense against being outed by the TRUTH is a great early attack.

Indeed. I really was hoping that someone like Abhisit with his education (and hopefully worldly view of society)would see a way to change these laws, since they are so open to abuse to hide the truth and make people be they public figures or members of the general public accountable for their actions. This is one of the few places in the world that smashes the whistleblower harder than the wrongdoer, and yet no one attempts to change the situation.

As for face as a concept, it is one of those things that I am sick to death of. Of course people shouldn't be able to defame people left right and centre with untruths, but it is definitely the case that, the truth doesn't set you free in Thailand, it is more likely to land you in the clink or bankrupt.

Why don't you say what you think, Abhisit with his British education.

Imperialism never dies.

You say it, you're "sick to death" with asian values. You make my point, foreigners who support Abhisit don't connect with asian values. They still support some outdated elitist values from the British empire and hope to find in Thailand somewhere where they can fit.

Edited by JurgenG

Yep, it's all about not causing loss of face, so you can get away with blue murder. And yes tightening back these archaic laws would be a great first step.

So poor lil Yinggie Lucky is mulling a good whine.... About people taking legal action against her, and answering questions about it from the press. Thailand the best defense against being outed by the TRUTH is a great early attack.

Indeed. I really was hoping that someone like Abhisit with his education (and hopefully worldly view of society)would see a way to change these laws, since they are so open to abuse to hide the truth and make people be they public figures or members of the general public accountable for their actions. This is one of the few places in the world that smashes the whistleblower harder than the wrongdoer, and yet no one attempts to change the situation.

As for face as a concept, it is one of those things that I am sick to death of. Of course people shouldn't be able to defame people left right and centre with untruths, but it is definitely the case that, the truth doesn't set you free in Thailand, it is more likely to land you in the clink or bankrupt.

Imperialism never dies.

You say it, you're "sick to death" with asian values. You make my point, foreigners who support Abhisit don't connect with asian values. They still support some outdated elitist values from the British empire and hope to find in Thailand somewhere where they can fit.

Not all Asian societies has face to the same extent as Thailand. Some countries don't allow wrongdoing to hide behind laws like defamation.

If you think the defamation laws in Thailand are appropriate in their form, fine. I don't because they have the effect of furthering corruption. If you like corruption as a concept of Asian culture, fine, I don't.

Imperialism never dies.

And Thaksin's is an American education. Third tier American education, but American all the same. Almost all Asian leaders were educated overseas and their offspring for the most part certainly are.

Jessy: You have interviewed Chuwit Kamolwisit and Yingluck Shinawatra. How was that experience for you?

Ben: It was interesting. With Yingluck, it was very controlled; she has her people around her and they guide everything that is being said, and everything that is being done. You can’t really go off script. If you do, they tell you to stop. It was fascinating to see how the media machine works. Notes got passed to my boss, saying “Stop the interview now” and “Don’t ask that question.”

So Yingluck is not capable of having a direct and unscripted interview. How could she be capable of leading a country?

For those looking for the source, it is an article titled "Arglit Boonyai, changing with the times" on the Bangkok Post web site.

Edited by hyperdimension

Imperialism never dies.

And Thaksin's is an American education. Third tier American education, but American all the same. Almost all Asian leaders were educated overseas and their offspring for the most part certainly are.

Actually he only said he was sick to death of Face over controlling all aspects of culture, and not the myriad of asian cultures themselves. And as another noted, most other asian cultures are not as hobbled by Face as is Thailand.

I have more issue with those that abuse the concept of face, or personal honor, to further their power, or being honored by others for your 'position, and many equating power with money, and both with increased face based on gains made with out ANY honor involved.

The power grab Face through corruption, Face being the goal,

without the moral back ground and hard work to have EARNED the honors.

This is what the problem is:

Face gain being decoupled from actual honorable conduct.

Edited by animatic