Army Chief Prayuth Warns Pheu Thai

webfact

The opposition might document this gentleman's words very well. it might come in handy when Thailand's soldiers and leaders follow those of Libya and Syria to the international courts. Prayuth should keep his mouth shut. He is army leader and his soldiers are still judged by the public. It is very clear however that he will do everything in his power to influence the election. Haven;t noticed any drugs raids in the Democrat led areas where the financiers of the drugs trade have their seats.

Pardon me? Who exactly are these financiers of the drugs trade -- and why would they be in "Democrat led areas"? --- BTW -- go back and read the article --- this story is not about a drug raid.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two soldiers doing anti drug questionnaires? You do not use the military to do any questionnaires like some high street MORI poll.

Why not? The Thai army are involved in policing the drug industry. Therefore, they are involved in anti-drug questionnaires.

Totally agree

Two soldiers doing anti drug questionnaires? You do not use the military to do any questionnaires like some high street MORI poll.

Why not? The Thai army are involved in policing the drug industry. Therefore, they are involved in anti-drug questionnaires.

Doing a great job, too.

Yingluck better get a handle on thisph34r.gif

She scares the living daylights out of me. I can honestly say if she is Prime Minister and they absolve her brother of his crimes, even though convicted, I will move to another country.

Reds make the problems and Reds blame the whole country for the problems. They are never at fault. They remind me of earlier times in America and the problems with the Mafia. The Mafia was the law and they owned the police. Scary stuff

I hear Montenegro is nice.

Yingluck better get a handle on thisph34r.gif

She scares the living daylights out of me. I can honestly say if she is Prime Minister and they absolve her brother of his crimes, even though convicted, I will move to another country.

Reds make the problems and Reds blame the whole country for the problems. They are never at fault. They remind me of earlier times in America and the problems with the Mafia. The Mafia was the law and they owned the police. Scary stuff

So, you don't like either side?

Totally agree

I'm not sure about the army policing the drug industry, but traditionally the Thai army has been a very active participant in it.

So what was the army doing in the district in the first place? Maybe if they wern't there, the villagers wouldn't have been intimidated. They say they are NOT involved in the politics so stay out of a "red zone" and try hanging out in a "yellow zone" for a change. Remember them? The ones who seized the airport bringing Thailand to a halt.

Yellows have been prosecuted and convicted for several offenses. More are in the works. --- The general didn't just talk about reds --- he talked about all Thais.

"so stay out of a red zone" you say --- ummmm while we all know that some reds are well enough armed to form an army. The job the military was doing there is in their purview and the politics of the people living there was not the reason they were there. Apparently there were 2 soldiers following orders doing an anti-narcotics mission (getting information via anti-drug questionnaires) ... I would not consider 2 soldiers intimidating when there are fellow reds all around, would you?

The general has a point --- if the military won't be allowed to do its work peacefully with 2 soldiers --- will they have to send 50 or 100 next? That WOULD look like intimidation. This appears to be just another case of the reds escalating the tension on purpose for political ends.

If I lived in a red zone and I am not a red what happens? Will I be intimidated by the reds until I agree to be a red? This is just fascism. I have been saying this all along. Red shirts/PT are just fascists; if you don't agree with them they will intimidate you. Is this Thailands Khumma Rouge revolution? I want the army and police to protect the people and they should be free to do so.

Edited by MaiChai

The opposition might document this gentleman's words very well. it might come in handy when Thailand's soldiers and leaders follow those of Libya and Syria to the international courts. Prayuth should keep his mouth shut. He is army leader and his soldiers are still judged by the public. It is very clear however that he will do everything in his power to influence the election. Haven;t noticed any drugs raids in the Democrat led areas where the financiers of the drugs trade have their seats.

They could be there, it's just that no one has threatened them if they don't leave.

Yes, there have been drug raids in 99 44/100th% Democratic areas.

Seen two go down myself. Your hyperbol isn't working.

So what was the army doing in the district in the first place? Maybe if they wern't there, the villagers wouldn't have been intimidated. They say they are NOT involved in the politics so stay out of a "red zone" and try hanging out in a "yellow zone" for a change. Remember them? The ones who seized the airport bringing Thailand to a halt.

Special kind of stupid. Most law abiding people in most countries like to have police and military around-somebody needs to taser the special kind of stupids out there . I am not talking of places like Burma. Once again Thaksin is trying to stir the pot for his benefit. Can someone please take him out on a boat ride-Dexter style.

Edited by travelingmike

and why exactly would 2 officers handing out anti-drug questionnaires be intimidating to anyone not in the drug trade

I think that is the whole point.

By handing out those flyers, they were intimidating people in the drug business and were subsequently told to piss off, or else...... :rolleyes:

... by aides to the PTP candidate. :ph34r:

... by gun-toting aides to the PTP candidate. :ph34r: :ph34r:

update... that should read

by a gun-toting PTP candidate...

Pheu Thai candidate faces police complaint for threatening soldier

The Army has filed a police complaint against a Pheu Thai candidate in Bangkok for allegedly threatening an on-duty soldier with a pistol, the Army spokesman said Friday.

Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the complaint was filed against Pairote Issaraseripong.

The soldier in question is an Army sergeant who is part of the government's anti-narcotics Unit 315 and was gathering information in Nong Chok district before his encounter with Pairote, the spokesman said.

The issue turned into a conflict between the Army and the Pheu Thai Party as both sides started accusing the other of politicising the matter.

Sansern insisted yesterday that Pairote - who was accompanied by six or seven other men - confronted the sergeant and signalled that he was carrying a pistol.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2001-06-10

Edited by Buchholz

Ok so to make it a bit more simplistic, the army are there to fight wars. Who is looking at drug abuse? Do not be so stupid as to tell me the military are running the anti drugs campaign. Get a firm grip on the right stick of reality and read this poorly written piece.

##### if you really do believe 2 soldiers are handing out anti drug questionnaires in a happy go lucky manner then please raise your hands #########

Pheu Thai candidate faces police complaint for threatening soldier

The Army has filed a police complaint against a Pheu Thai candidate in Bangkok for allegedly threatening an on-duty soldier with a pistol, the Army spokesman said Friday.

Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the complaint was filed against Pairote Issaraseripong.

The soldier in question is an Army sergeant who is part of the government's anti-narcotics Unit 315 and was gathering information in Nong Chok district before his encounter with Pairote, the spokesman said.

The issue turned into a conflict between the Army and the Pheu Thai Party as both sides started accusing the other of politicising the matter.

Sansern insisted yesterday that Pairote - who was accompanied by six or seven other men - confronted the sergeant and signalled that he was carrying a pistol.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2001-06-10

Unit 315 ...... where do they get this number from? Been discussed many times here. You actually have the front to commit this to the public domain? Words fail me.

Is this going to be the red shirts method of trying to stop the drug trade. Threaten any one who is doing some thing about it no matter how small a action.

Can just imagine what they will do if the army cought a big fish. With there mentality they would in all likly hood accuse the army of trying to stage a coue . They are not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed. Sorry about the spelling.

Is this going to be the red shirts method of trying to stop the drug trade. Threaten any one who is doing some thing about it no matter how small a action.

Can just imagine what they will do if the army cought a big fish. With there mentality they would in all likly hood accuse the army of trying to stage a coue . They are not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed. Sorry about the spelling.

If you really believe the "Red Shirts" are the main players in the drugs trade I suggest you look again. Take a peek at the USA and see how many squeaky clean leaders have the old fingers in the pie. Regarding the Thai situation you need to dig deep into Thai culture and politics to get an answer

If you really believe the "Red Shirts" are the main players in the drugs trade I suggest you look again. Take a peek at the USA and see how many squeaky clean leaders have the old fingers in the pie. Regarding the Thai situation you need to dig deep into Thai culture and politics to get an answer

I really doubt 'the red-shirts' are involved in drugs trading. There may be one or two bad apples who do, but you might find the same amongst the yellow-shirts. Still I find it amusing that PTP has asked the army to stop their anti-drug campaign till after the elections, it's like asking the police not to upset people by their presence.

Edited by rubl

Whats the US got to do with this thread. Shouldn't you be back in the states supporting Palin or one of that crowd.

Perhaps you are a little confused I said nothing about the red shirts being involved in the drug trade. As for the states you could be rite but it would take a heck of a lot of money and time to find it. In Thailand it is almost common knowledge you don't have to scratch far.

Just out of curiosity why are you defending the red shirts against a charge no one made. I think your love for them is clouding your judgement. As I said not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Interesting to see Yingluck thinks so highly of the gun-toting candidate to have him appear with her on the Pheu Thai Party website.... in which he at least straightened his tie.

ptp-1.png

http://www.ptp.or.th....aspx?ss_id=179

very nice pictures

Wondering if the pics display like-mindedness between the two people.

As the PM, what will Yingluck's policy be on civilians brandishing guns in public?

Perhaps she could elucidate her position at the upcoming debate with Abhisit....

Edited by Buchholz

Ok so to make it a bit more simplistic, the army are there to fight wars. Who is looking at drug abuse? Do not be so stupid as to tell me the military are running the anti drugs campaign. Get a firm grip on the right stick of reality and read this poorly written piece.

##### if you really do believe 2 soldiers are handing out anti drug questionnaires in a happy go lucky manner then please raise your hands #########

To make it simplistic for you .... In Thailand, the army aren't just there to fight wars. That's your western "thinking" coming out. Part of the Thai army's job is to do some policing, mainly to do with national security matters.

With the competence of the police force, would you expect any different?

This isn't about the USA, nor is it about the Army per se .....

This is about the reds threatening on duty officials going about the performance of said duties. It wasn't a drug raid it was an intelligence operation regarding the drug trade as it affects an outlying section of BKK. The general is correct to point out that if officials doing their job are interfered with then it is yet again another red escalation of tension.

In Thailand the police are a bit of a question mark on some subjects... put diplomatically.

The army has several jobs one is similar to border police, and national level smuggling interdiction. Certainly some segments of the army have in the long term also been in the smuggling business, but not all segments. We can not look at EITHER policing segment as a monolithic single style, Thailand if anywhere is filled with many levels of gray areas. The left hand does NOT necessarily know what the right is doing, and they can easily be working at cross purposes.

I still donot get it with these farang red shirt supporters, if they win you will be bulldoozed right along with all of the other people who donot support them.

“An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last”

-- Winston Churchill

This is politics. People want to get elected and they believe that once THEY are elected than THEY will correct all the countries ills.

Fear is the greatest motivator of all. Does anyone really believe that george bush would have been reelected without raising the terrorist threat level weekly? Does anyone have any doubt about fear being used in every political campaign since the beginning of time. Nobody can predict what the outcome of this election will be.

It appears to me the the Army has been a stabilizing force in Thailand. The reds have some legitimate concerns. but they underestimate the backlash they will get if they think that they can just change things without bring along all of the society. Thailand is a world economic power because the Army has been able to stabilize the country so it can move forward. No country has made the transition from monarchy to democracy in a short time. It takes hundreds of years to become stabilized and the Army seems to be acting in the long term best interest of Thailand.

Fear is the greatest motivator of all. Does anyone really believe that george bush would have been reelected without raising the terrorist threat level weekly? Does anyone have any doubt about fear being used in every political campaign since the beginning of time.

A good documentary is The Power of Nightmares: The Rise of the Politics of Fear

MV5BMTY4MDc4MjEzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTcxMjE2MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

Here's a YouTube video playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1D677F7EAAEE3DD5

The UDD have portrayed, via their propaganda, that Abhisit, Suthep and the army are ruthless killers based on the events last year, and millions of naive country folk have taken it all in.