Hearing Aids

chuang

Can't say if they are reputable or not as I have never dealt with them.

There is one on the ground floor in Pantip plaza on Chang Klan night bazaar.

I have hearing aids but I can get them for free or worked on if they need it in Canada. So I have not talked to them about it.

Let us know how you make out wherever you go.

• 11 months later...

I have hearing aids but I can get them for free or worked on if they need it in Canada. So I have not talked to them about it.

Have to ask, where and how do you get free hearing aids in Canada? Last time I talked to people in the business in Canada they laughed at me when I asked about coverage - of any sort. Just curious.

Have to ask, where and how do you get free hearing aids in Canada? Last time I talked to people in the business in Canada they laughed at me when I asked about coverage - of any sort. Just curious.

Workers compensation. No monthly payments but every 5 years new hearing aids if needed and free servicing and batteries.

Looks like chuang had no luck

Edited by hellodolly

As a long time hearing aid wearer, let me recommend http://www.hearsource.com/

I have severe hearing loss in both ears and these days require the big fellows so I can understand people when they speak. No more 'in the ear' type for me... Unfortunately, all the name brand hearing aids that will work for me cost between $2,000-$3,000 each USD for bare bones devices.

Hearsource sells self-programable multi-program hearing aids for $995. The fact that they are self-programable means that as your hearing changes, you don't need to pay more to the audiologist to adjust them. The software and interface are included in the price of the device, as is telephone training to teach you exactly HOW to adjust your hearing aids.

Having a little button on the device to change programs, I have one program set for listening to music, one for conversations in crowded restaurants, one for general use, and one for telephone use. Of course there is also a volume control on each device.

I've been using mine now for three years, and can only say positive things about both the hearing aids themselves, and the customer service/software after care. I make minor adjustments about every 6 months or so, which take me less than 10 minutes to do. And as I'm wearing the hearing aids when I make the adjustments, I'm sure that the setting are exactly what I want them to be, rather than trying to tell someone else..'gee, that's a little tinny, or I hear some sort of echo...' Easy to get the sound setting perfectly adjusted.

By the way... I have NO financial connection with this company. I'm just a very satisfied customer who got tired of paying 3X as much and getting less in return.