A Saga Of Frustration And Disappointment

dimplejoe

Joe Ekkamai - Agreed, and in your case the import duty is many times higher than my measly 3900Baht.

The fact that the export and import are only on paper makes it legalized theft in my opinion.

It's ironic that such high value items are a mere bagatelle to the wealthy types who make their money from these sweatshops and scams.

Patronus - No need for penance dear boy.

Your error was trivial and is far outweighed by your perception regarding my original post; which was totally altruistic, intended to warn other simple souls like myself in a jocular manner.

Street Cowboy - Initially I was confused by your earlier post (#15)

You couldn't really understand my frustration or disappointment and indicated that 10,000Baht was a reasonable price for a golf shirt, shorts & visor.

Wow I thought, this guy is probably a very rich Nazi banker, (not sure if that is the correct spelling) or perhaps a Russian oligarch; but your detailed knowledge of prices on Sukhumvit Road made both somewhat unlikely.

Your post (#27) however, points to you being a Scottish person. The reference to a six year old victory over the English gives the game away and probably later we will hear how you beat them in 1478 or some such.

But I do understand how you have suffered far more frustration and disappointment than the rest of us and it does you credit that you have retained at least some sense of humour.

This saga is ongoing Jocky Boy, I don't have the merchandise or my refund yet, but watch this space......

Footnote - This would be so much easier if I could work out how to use the quote feature on here....

Samran – what does Telling him "to get his hand of it" is futile actually mean?

Maybe you meant off it....

Footnote - This would be so much easier if I could work out how to use the quote feature on here.... [/size][/font]

Maybe the quote feature is turned 'off'.

Or maybe using it requires having a clue.

Could be the former. Most likely an element of the latter.

ps. Monkey's bite.

Patronus - No need for penance dear boy.

Your error was trivial and is far outweighed by your perception regarding my original post; which was totally altruistic, intended to warn other simple souls like myself in a jocular manner.

I am pleased that this thread has now returned to it's intended 'lighter' mode.

PS: Dimple Joe Frank the Yank - do you or Dangerous Dave have any pictures of Fiona you can post on here ?

Maybe the quote feature is turned 'off'.

Or maybe using it requires having a clue.

Could be the former. Most likely an element of the latter.

ps. Monkey's bite.

Most people reading my footnote would understand the joke (however lame), but obviously you have a sense of humour failure.

Someone who has spent so much time in front of his computer on this forum, should realise that use of the term "Monkeys" is frowned upon here – see post #17 above.

It may be wise for you to tone down your language and perhaps you should get out more.

There is a real world out there beyond your screen, full of fun and excitement, I'm sure it would help you lighten up.

I am pleased that this thread has now returned to it's intended 'lighter' mode.

PS: Dimple Joe Frank the Yank - do you or Dangerous Dave have any pictures of Fiona you can post on here ?

Are you stalking me fatboy? I thought you were off to Cambo.

Posting pictures of Fiona (even the one in the blue Niqab) would cause mass apoplexy among the members here I'm sure........

I had a friend who owns a factory in China DONATE a few boxes of T-shirts and hats, all company freebies - to hand out to the local kids here for their biking club that they have. They were sent FEDEX - Thai customs wanted 22000 Baht import duty for 100 USD of clothing, that was to be given away free to local Thai kids - Parasites!!!!

Avoid shipping things inbound via FEDEX, UPS, etc. You will ALWAYS get hit up for duty. Best bet next time would be to have your item shipped to a friend or family member in the USA so you can avoid any high international shipping charges. Have that friend ship the item to you via USPS Int. Priority Mail in a flat rate box. Mark it Gift or Sample, and put a low ball value. 95% of the time that will come in duty free. I have never had any problem with USPS items shipped here that way. Let me say it again, NEVER have anything shipped here via FEDEX, UPS, etc. if you can avoid it.

You were lucky...

I once made the mistake of ordering a (v expensive) wet-suit on-line from wherever (can't remember).

I was horrified to be charged 100% import duty! And, will admit, I entirely lost my sense of humour.

Katacove – what does visitor of mean ?

Maybe you meant visitor to.....

Your assumption that I am American is based on what?

The fact that I attempted to buy goods from that country, or that I admire efficiency and technology?

Surely a much less reasonable assumption than mine regarding a Made in Thailand lable (or label if you're American).

Sorry to mistake you for an American i was going to use the term farang but i didn't want to sound racist

I can handle bad grammar but not racism. Anyway enjoy the cool threads....

You were lucky...I once made the mistake of ordering a (v expensive) wet-suit on-line from wherever (can't remember).

I was horrified to be charged 100% import duty! And, will admit, I entirely lost my sense of humour.

Oh I do hope you recover your sense of humour again soon; for all our sakes.

SC

Edit: Facetious comment added, then accidentally ballsed up the formatting, and had to go back to correct it, and had to delete the facetious comment. My apologies for having to edit the quote to remove some damaged formatting...

Edited by StreetCowboy

You were lucky...I once made the mistake of ordering a (v expensive) wet-suit on-line from wherever (can't remember).

SC

Edit: Facetious comment added, then accidentally ballsed up the formatting, and had to go back to correct it, and had to delete the facetious comment. My apologies for having to edit the quote to remove some damaged formatting...

V funny - but I get your point.

I've no idea why I get bad tempered so quickly on TV! :(

SC

Hormones - perhaps ? :whistling:

SC

Maybe you need something to relieve the stress - fox hunting, alligator wrestling or cage fighting spring to mind.

SC

Just to let you guys know, today I received a full refund from Loudmouth, not just for the goods ordered but also for the Fedex delivery charge.

How nice to deal with a decent company on the internet.

I'll now try buying locally, but should this fail, I'll re-order but use USPS for delivery hoping that this will avoid the ridiculous import duty.

Edited by dimplejoe

I've seen some pretty good sports shirts at Central. The stay cool space age fabric by Addidas is fair--I gave up on getting pure cotton in LOS quite a while ago. Was wearing a four year old Calloway shirt I bought in CM yesterday. Think I paid 120 thb for it. I live near the Ping Headquarters here in Phoenix and there are no good deals on their stuff, but I think golf clubs are heavily taxed in LOS.

Just to let you guys know, today I received a full refund from Loudmouth, not just for the goods ordered but also for the Fedex delivery charge.

I'll now try buying locally, but should this fail, I'll re-order but use USPS for delivery hoping that this will avoid the ridiculous import duty.

Dear Frank the Yank,

If you are putting in an order, could you add a couple of non-garish shirts for me.

A couple of sizes down from you should do the job. :whistling:

Dear Frank the Yank,

If you are putting in an order, could you add a couple of non-garish shirts for me.

A couple of sizes down from you should do the job. :whistling:

Perhaps you could ask the mods to change the thread title to "A saga of excellent customer service and personal discovery regarding import / export regulations"

SC