Post Election Outlook Worries PM Abhisit

webfact

The democrats are on the hot seat....Isn't is against the law to attack the opposition verbally? The Democrats have been doing that and nothing have been said. I remember sometime in this week Abhisit was telling the people to remember who set Bangkok on fire and now he's saying allowing the PTP to form the next govt will bring another political crisis...why don't they just do the right campaign to win votes rather than keep attacking their opposition? Mr Abhisit i say LET THE VOTERS DECIDE....and EC its time to do your job properly by enforcing the law....The Democrats needs to be cautioned!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor old deluded Bungalow nights. He with the picture of of the fragrant Miss Yingluck as his avatar. I hope he has shares in kleenex, he must have got through a few boxes in the past few weeks! Does he really believe what he is posting here? Is he a Thai or a Falang? My guess is a Falang who is being pussy whipped by his red shirt wife/ girlfriend. Whatever, maybe he should look at his dictionary,( if he has one), look up the word 'Gullible', then go and look in the mirror!. All will then become clear. Maybe!

What, you mean that is not the real Ms. Yingluk?

Not sure, but whoever is using her likeness here is committing defamation and impersonation with every post! Why is this allowed, TV?

I thought fraud was illegal even here in LOS...

K. Abhisit should be worried. He's being slandered again by k. Thaksin's PR-man Robert Amsterdam.

"Mark Abhisit, Creature of Habit

In his most recent interview with the Financial Times, the British-born Prime Minister of Thailand Mark Abhisit once again demonstrated that he is fundamentally a creature of habit, and that habit is lying.

On several occasions throughout the long discussion with journalists David Pilling and Tim Johnston, the Prime Minister was cornered, confronted, interrupted, and panicked, squirming out from under the weight of ... ..."

http://robertamsterdam.com/thailand/

Of course what Robert A. calls lying others would call the truth. Read the FT article and judge for yourself ;)

FT: Do you think it is acceptable to use snipers as crowd control? Human Rights Watch said this was not a conflict zone …

AV: Do we have now a clear case where snipers were used?

FT: We have pictures of people with sniper rifles and spotters?

AV: I have explained what they were doing. You've seen the footage. There was a guy who was about to set fire to a vehicle, he was shot in the foot.

FT: So none of the head shots were from snipers?

AV: We can't say 100 per cent, but just getting a still picture of people up there trying to control the crowd and to conclude that these were snipers that kill people just isn't quite what we have evidence for and we've had clear demonstrations of the footage of what I just said happened and if I wanted to shoot that man dead he could have done, but he shot him in the foot just to stop him setting fire to a vehicle.

Anyone with even basic familiarity of the facts of April 10th and May 19th must be breathless with amazement over Abhisit's comments above. Notice how he handles these serious questions as though it were a lying game among children: "Oh, you can prove there were snipers? (shown evidence) OK, there were snipers, but they were only shooting people's feet. (shown evidence that 77% of bullet wounds were "kill shots") Well alright, so it happened, but I didn't order them to kill, although my Deputy Prime Minister will continue to claim that the protesters 'ran into bullets.'"

http://robertamsterd...thailand/?p=788

who cares? there were heavily armed and violent thaksin paid for mercenaries in the red crowd

these people had already murdered Army personnel

the red crowd knew that and not only supported them but celebrated these paid for killers like sae dang

the reds knew that they were in a potentially fatal situation but stayed anyway for their daily 500baht

so they died for their cause, so what?

who cares how they died?

no one seems to care about the army guys the reds murdered for doing their duty

the red leaders and thaksin wanted red martyrs, they got them and have not stopped exploiting them every day since

it is hoped Thaksin still pays 500 baht a day wages to their families because never in the field of human conflict has so much political mileage been given to so many by so few

this was a violent attempt at a revolution paid for by Thaksin

they shouldn't have been there,

if they had not been there they would not have been in the firing line

som nom na........

You folks are debating about the process when we need to be talking about who is best for Thailand's future. If corruption is going to prevent people from running than half of the people in the west and most of the people in Europe will find themselves out of a job.

The real issue is who is the best person to lead Thailand into the future and Taksin has a record of doing just that. Why would the yellows be worried? They foolishly believe that they can maintain the status quo when the people are telling them loud and clear that they are fed up with them.

The yellow's need to read their own history. King Prajadhipok abdicated the throne in 1935 and moved to London. Field marshal Phibun who played a crucial role in the coup of 1932, Phibun installed himself as PM in 1938 and was responsible for renaming Siam to Thailand. Thus began a military dictatorship that lasted decades. King Prajadhipok was prepared to introduce a constitution and democracy before the 1932 revolution, <snip> This conflict earned him exile and precipitated the military dictatorship that followed.

When leaders fail to lead than the people will assume that role, that's when things get messy

Let the courts deal with establishing blame for what is past. Someone needs to be looking at the future.

Someone please tell me what the Democrats have done for Thailand that is a improvement? Forget about what bad things that Taksin did this election is not about that. Nobody cares except maybe AI and most Thai's never heard of them.

Edited by soundman
Removed speculative comment concerning Monarchy.

You folks are debating about the process when we need to be talking about who is best for Thailand's future. If corruption is going to prevent people from running than half of the people in the west and most of the people in Europe will find themselves out of a job.

The real issue is who is the best person to lead Thailand into the future and Taksin has a record of doing just that. Why would the yellows be worried? They foolishly believe that they can maintain the status quo when the people are telling them loud and clear that they are fed up with them.

The yellow's need to read their own history. King Prajadhipok abdicated the throne in 1935 and moved to London. Field marshal Phibun who played a crucial role in the coup of 1932, Phibun installed himself as PM in 1938 and was responsible for renaming Siam to Thailand. Thus began a military dictatorship that lasted decades. King Prajadhipok was prepared to introduce a constitution and democracy before the 1932 revolution, <snip> This conflict earned him exile and precipitated the military dictatorship that followed.

When leaders fail to lead than the people will assume that role, that's when things get messy

Let the courts deal with establishing blame for what is past. Someone needs to be looking at the future.

Someone please tell me what the Democrats have done for Thailand that is a improvement? Forget about what bad things that Taksin did this election is not about that. Nobody cares except maybe AI and most Thai's never heard of them.

The best comment i have read so far on Thaivisa...well said mate!

ok some good simple stuff for you to understand:

500 baht pension to old folks

free education

free school uniforms

free health service

low interest loans to escape loan sharks

guaranteed crop prices for farmers

grants for students for further education

there are many, many more beneficial to the poor schemes started by Abhisit and Korn

the problem with Abhisit and the Dems is that they have not screamed every good thing they ever did from every hilltop in the land

hence people like yourself are ignorant of them and need to ask what they have done...........

Edited by timekeeper

free education

free school uniforms

free health service

there are many, many more beneficial to the poor schemes started by Abhisit and Korn

the problem with Abhisit and the Dems is that they have not screamed every good thing they ever did from every hilltop in the land

hence people like yourself are ignorant of them and need to ask what they have done...........

You need to understand that these are campagn promises. All of the things you mentioned that are actually currently in practice were put there by Taksin. If the dems were serious about actually DOING any of these things they would have DONE them. The Thai healtcare program is in shambles currently because the dems have not supported it. They haven't screamed from the rooftops because they haven't done anything. Trust me, when a politician does something good they all scream it from the rooftops. That's what makes them politicans.

It dosen't matter what I believe because I can't vote (don't want to) The Thai people are not ignorant of them. You say "many, many more beneficial things for the poor" please enlighten me.

Edited by trisailer

free education

free school uniforms

free health service

You need to understand that these are campagn promises. All of the things you mentioned that are actually currently in practice were put there by Taksin. If the dems were serious about actually DOING any of these things they would have DONE them. The Thai healtcare program is in shambles currently because the dems have not supported it. They haven't screamed from the rooftops because they haven't done anything. Trust me, when a politician does something good they all scream it from the rooftops. That's what makes them politicans.

It dosen't matter what I believe because I can't vote (don't want to) The Thai people are not ignorant of them. You say "many, many more beneficial things for the poor" please enlighten me.

you need to understand that these aren't campaign promises, these schemes exist NOW and were not related to Thaksin

the old folks have had over 2 years of payments, thaksin never gave them a bean

the farmers have never had it so good under Korns scheme, many say so

you simply do not want to see beyond your RED tinted glasses

so i would be wasting my time highlighting other good things

there are non so blind as those who do not want to see...........

you need to understand that these aren't campaign promises, these schemes exist NOW and were not related to Thaksin

If you would be in Thailand and would have a at least a little touch to reality you would know that the democrats are not more than just nice words but nothing real.

The Democrats are going to lose the election. Guess why?

If you would be in Thailand and would have a at least a little touch to reality you would know that the democrats are not more than just nice words but nothing real.

you have accused me of this before Samurai

i have lived here over ten years

i was here for Thaksin #1

reality?, i lived it, not just talk about it like you...........

My experience in the farming sector is the same as the Thai farmer when it comes to before Thaksin, the Thaksin eras, post Thaksin, and finally the democrat collation government. We have finally gotten back to farm gate prices which we saw prior to the Thaksin governments. Several crop prices dropped from the 25+ baht/kilo range down to less than 10 baht/kilo. Increased Chinese imports of vegetables, etc were a part of the Thaksin grand scheme, thus negating, triple fold, those rural village handouts he promised. The latter promises seemed to depreciate as the monies passed down the trough to the little piglets (farmers).

I have pointed this out to several of the local farmers here in Northern Thailand, red shirt country, and even they agree with my observations. These rural area people may be lacking in formal education, will cheer anyone who entertains them, but they do seem astute enough to know what purchasing power they have in their pocket at present vs during the reign of the 'Great Pretender".

The polls taken, propaganda, innuendo, and outright lies put to the public, by some of the parties are laughable. The upcoming election and post election activity will go a long way in determining how Thailand is perceived by her own population and other parts of the world, who actually give a sh.t.

you have accused me of this before Samurai

i have lived here over ten years

i was here for Thaksin #1

reality?, i lived it, not just talk about it like you...........

And you saw how many election victories for the Democ rats?

Abhisit is dead right, let the Peau Thai form the government, let them then try to absolve Thaksin and the UDD and everyone else of any guilt, and see what happens. Let them go through what this government had for two years, what's the difference between an illegitimate government and a proxy government, both deserve their just desserts. One way or another we are definitely headed for more trouble and will continue to do so until Thaksin realises the futility of what he's trying to achieve. He should channel his energy into putting the coup makers on trial.

Please define lose, both in qualification and quantification if possible.

Going down the drain like the idea to sell eggs by kilo.

Thanks for the clarification. The phrasing suggests an opinion or a prediction based on beliefs not necessarily backed by facts.

Anyway 17 more days.

Abhisit is dead right, let the Peau Thai form the government, let them then try to absolve Thaksin and the UDD and everyone else of any guilt, and see what happens.

It's not just the red shirts that need a pardon, but also the yellow shirts, remember? And if Puea Thai pardons the yellow shirt leaders who are facing prison terms, the future could look a lot different for Thailand and some of the key players.

Abhisit is dead right, let the Peau Thai form the government, let them then try to absolve Thaksin and the UDD and everyone else of any guilt, and see what happens.

It's not just the red shirts that need a pardon, but also the yellow shirts, remember? And if Puea Thai pardons the yellow shirt leaders who are facing prison terms, the future could look a lot different for Thailand and some of the key players.

IMHO the whole amnesty issue is BS. PTP people have gone on record with various and contradicting statements. It seems that an amnesty might be considered for anyone found guilty of political related crimes/issues/etc. and that since 2006 (probably date of coup). This vagueness suggests those same double standards which PTP/UDD is said to fight against :ermm:

He is unseated by the will of the people. That Thaksin bought.

What a nonsense.

2001 Thaksin Shinawatra won the elections. Allegations of vote-buying forced partial re-run of poll. Thaksin formed a coalition government.

2008 8 July - Former parliamentary speaker and deputy leader, Yongyut Tiyapairat was stripped of his seat by Thai election officials for vote buying in northern Thailand during last December elections.

December 2 - A Constitutional Court ruled that the People Power Party (PPP) be disbanded because one of their party executives was convicted of vote buying during the December 2007 elections.

Answer this question here:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4488080

And how many people exactly sold their vote?

What you quote is true, but you're leaving something out. Charges were also brought against a number of Dems for the same thing. Charges the court THREW OUT, claiming "lack of evidence", without any form of formal investigation into them.

Face it, ALL the parties in Thailand buy votes one way or another. But when the military appointed courts only decide to convict one party, and dismiss the same evidence against another, that has a tendency to Pi$$ people off, and let's them see the absurdity of what is called "justice" in Thailand.

Military appointed courts...?

Yeah right...

all except the vast majority, which existed as judges before the coup and those who attained office AFTER PPP formed a government.

If there ARE any 'military appointed courts' ?

Please list them here,

and the judges you believe are specifically 'military appointed,

If you don't then your accusation holds no water,

just spit. Or maybe just spite.

This month is dedicated to throwing all the mud that can be made

and hoping something ANY thing sticks to an enemy.

Pretty pathetic actually.

Edited by animatic

The other English language paper has a newsflash on bail for two UDD members rejected anew in Ubon Ratchathani.

It has a Ms. Ubonkan (aka DJ Sao Fang Khong) say something like 'We do not want to bother or worry about the disagreements between Pheu Thai politicians here, as we look at the longer-term goal of winning, so as to bring our master (Thaksin) back home.'

Don't believe me, check it out yourself :)

The other English language paper has a newsflash on bail for two UDD members rejected anew in Ubon Ratchathani.

It has a Ms. Ubonkan (aka DJ Sao Fang Khong) say something like 'We do not want to bother or worry about the disagreements between Pheu Thai politicians here, as we look at the longer-term goal of winning, so as to bring our master (Thaksin) back home.'

Don't believe me, check it out yourself :)

As Arnie said, Thaksin said, "I'll Be Back" :jap:

It would seem the Dems and anti Dems are now reduced to snarling at each other, so why not just sit back and wait to see what happens?

I know. It's getting boring. Looks like most of the worst mudslingers and namecallers are those that have been directly effected in an adverse way by one or other of the parties. This forum is just becoming a place for them to let off steam, apparently.

It would seem the Dems and anti Dems are now reduced to snarling at each other, so why not just sit back and wait to see what happens?

I know. It's getting boring. Looks like most of the worst mudslingers and namecallers are those that have been directly effected in an adverse way by one or other of the parties. This forum is just becoming a place for them to let off steam, apparently.

Indeed, some people will be unhappy with the upcoming election results. Hopefully we won't see too many of them on the streets protesting afterwards!

Unless they changed their stance, I think the Amnesty didn't include those responsible for the deaths of 90+ protesters.

I think you'll find the reds and their shady backers were responsible for most of these deaths. You have to look at the bigger picture. Even before the demos took place the reds made many threatening noises about bringing empty bottles, burning the city and so on. Seh Daeng made it clear that he had 300 armed men at his beck and call and so it goes on. The red propaganda machine is very powerful and includes organisations like Freedom House who are hardly independent being linked, as they are, to Thaksin through Robert Amsterdam. Its a huge con trick on the Thai people to lay the blame at the door of the Government. I even found a red supporting website who claimed there were hundreds of deaths. There is no end to their lies and manipulation and I genuinely feel sorry for Khun Abhisit to have all this stuff heaped on his shoulders. He is probably one of the best prime ministers Thailand has ever had. A decent man. anti corruption and so on. But Thaksin's Global forces are difficult to counteract. When those who know nothing post gibberish on Farang websites, well that doesn't help either. Open your eyes and see how the powerful are manipulating you.

I think seriously that, given your previous poets and this one, you need to increase your medication

Monitoring the Thai Land for 4 decades it is unbelievable to witness so much non sense mostly to the detriment of the first PM acting as a real CIVIL SERVANT to benefit THAILAND not selfishly to himself neither to any one in his entourage and certainly not playing games, shuffling cars perpetually, as so many did previously once elected.

It is boring NOT to have the eyes wide open to SEE that PM Abhisit is walking on eggs in front of the evidences available that should put in jail all the culprits whom have used so much unrestrained violence to kill more than 90 Thai all of them innocent for being there at the wrong moment.

Mr. PM Abhisit has learnt in UK from the PM Mrs.Thatcher days when herself had to fight every one around, Irish terrorism included, to enforce her policies to grow Great Britain domestically and Internationally.

This is a pleasure to be able to understand PM Abhisit speeches translated in English ( smile ) expressing COMMON SENSE, PATIENCE, ACTIONS, DEDICATION and a LOT of RESPECT for his enemies.

In Thailand Our Majesty the King is The Highest Master of ALL Ceremonies deserving the Highest respect with every one assisting of course with the protection of The Royal Thai Army.

Let the people who want to work do their job and the talkers to shut up.

A return to the Thaksin days can only emulate an elite of corrupters to enrich themselves once more certainly NOT to enrich those manipulated called his followers.

Put up of shut up said Ronald Reagan.

Enough is enough VOTE Abhisit for all the Thai population well being and do NOT give a chance to the losers whom are looking for their own revenge.

end

An interesting(?) but disjointed reply. I accept totally your respect and support for the monarchy - but Thatcher?