Where To Dive.. Any Help?

peterlondon

Hi all,

Me and my girlfriend are going to have 5 or 6 full days to dive in Thailand we are trying to decide between flying from Bangkok (we have 2 days there for sight seeing) to Krabi or to Phuket.

From Krabi we would go straight to Koh Phi Phi and dive from there visiting the surrounding islands.

Would Phuket be a better choice? Is there anywhere I should dive that I would not be able to from Koh Phi Phi.

We both have our PADI Advanced Open Water

Any pointers / advise would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

From my experience you're fine where you are. Phi Phi dive boats should be able to get to anything decent Phuket has to offer, as it's in the direction of Phi Phi from Phuket anyway.

Not sure if the Similan islands are open again yet, but that is one great area. Dove it for 3 days once. The best place to stay for that, though, is Khao Lak (or nearby), up in Phangaa Province. They do have boats from Phuket, but the ride is long.

From my experience you're fine where you are. Phi Phi dive boats should be able to get to anything decent Phuket has to offer, as it's in the direction of Phi Phi from Phuket anyway.

Not sure if the Similan islands are open again yet, but that is one great area. Dove it for 3 days once. The best place to stay for that, though, is Khao Lak (or nearby), up in Phangaa Province. They do have boats from Phuket, but the ride is long.

From Phi Phi you won't be able to go to the Racha Islands. Similans are closed this time of year.