Immigration -Tourist Visa

Does Thai immigration at the airport check their database (blacklist) to see if a foreigner who has a tourist visa and wants to enter the country has a prior criminal record in his/her country?Will he be allowed to enter the country?

I have a prior felony conviction in the US. I did not serve jail time, I got probation. I just completed my probation and want to go back to Thailand. Prior to my legal problem I was on a retirement Visa in Thailand in 2006.

The Thai Embassy here in NY says that they will give me a tourist visa, but it's up to immigration in Thailand if they will let me in.

Thank you

Mark

Thai immigration doesn't check your criminal back groud, other than if you are being blacklisted in Thailand itself.

Only of you were deported to the US from Thailand you might have a problem as they migh have a record of that. If not, it is relax and enjoy your stay and you can retire again in Thailand.

Thai immigration doesn't check your criminal back groud, other than if you are being blacklisted in Thailand itself.

Only of you were deported to the US from Thailand you might have a problem as they migh have a record of that. If not, it is relax and enjoy your stay and you can retire again in Thailand.

do you know if I can convert a tourist Visa to a retirement visa? I am getting a double entry tourist visa (60 days +30 days re-entry then same thing again).

You can convert to a non-immigrant visa if you season the money for two months (if you chose for that option). Convertion is 2,000 baht.

You might be able to get a non-O visa to start with in the US. Just apply at a honorary consulate, not a general consulate. General consulates and the embassy might insist on applying for an O-A visa, which requires a police- and health check.

You can convert to a non-immigrant visa if you season the money for two months (if you chose for that option). Convertion is 2,000 baht.

You might be able to get a non-O visa to start with in the US. Just apply at a honorary consulate, not a general consulate. General consulates and the embassy might insist on applying for an O-A visa, which requires a police- and health check.

What is a honorary consulate as opposed to a General consulate? New York only has "The Royal Thai Consulate - General."