Is It Possible To Find Out Why My Topic Was Closed

chownah

I started this topic http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47215 and after 6 posts it was closed. The subject was use of smileys and I was surprised that it would be so controversial that it would be closed. I sent pm's to everyone who posted explaining that I was surprised at its controversy and could they please explain what the controversy was about since I really was at a loss as to why it was closed. I got replies from all but one of the posters and they all said that the topic was no problem and most said that they thought it would be a fun topic. One of the pm's was to Dr. pat pong who was the only moderator on the thread and the last to post so I assumed that he had closed the topic. His response was that he saw no problem with the topic and had done nothing to hinder it. Upon receiving this response I replied to him that I was surprised that he had not closed it and then he replied to me and said he would check it out. I waited a few days and since I heard nothing from him I sent him another reply and he said that he did not close it and had found nothing. I'm not wanting to make a federal case out of this but I'm really wondering why my topic was closed. Is it possible to find out.... I just got suspended for 5 days last week for a post which I thought did not warrant a suspension...perhaps a warning since I've never had a warning and I had made similar posts in the same thread without a problem or warning....then Limbo starts to get on my case in the Chiangrai thread for what I consider to be a flimsy reason and I'm starting to think that there is something going on here that I should know about.......so.....what's up with my topic being closed when no one willing to respond to my inquiries says that they see it as a problem.....please.

Well its a bit of a nothing topic TBH, just a load of spam - They probably didnt want the web space taken up with it.

I'm just guessing the gist of it as I didn't actually read your whole post because the paragraph was just way too long

Edited by Ben@H3-Digital

• 2 weeks later...
I started this topic http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47215 and after 6 posts it was closed.  The subject was use of smileys and I was surprised that it would be so controversial that it would be closed.  I sent pm's to everyone who posted explaining that I was surprised at its controversy and could they please explain what the controversy was about since I really was at a loss as to why it was closed.  I got replies from all but one of the posters and they all said that the topic was no problem and most said that they thought it would be a fun topic.  One of the pm's was to Dr. pat pong who was the only moderator on the thread and the last to post so I assumed that he had closed the topic.  His response was that he saw no problem with the topic and had done nothing to hinder it.  Upon receiving this response I replied to him that I was surprised that he had not closed it and then he replied to me and said he would check it out.  I waited a few days and since I heard nothing from him I sent him another reply and he said that he did not close it and had found nothing.  I'm not wanting to make a federal case out of this but I'm really wondering why my topic was closed.  Is it possible to find out....  I just got suspended for 5 days last week for a post which I thought did not warrant a suspension...perhaps a warning since I've never had a warning and I had made similar posts in the same thread without a problem or warning....then Limbo starts to get on my case in the Chiangrai thread for what I consider to be a flimsy reason and I'm starting to think that there is something going on here that I should know about.......so.....what's up with my topic being closed when no one willing to respond to my inquiries says that they see it as a problem.....please.

Can't worry about what happens on TV, just cyber dude, not reality. Cyber cops, cyber big shots, cyber wack off artists.

Chook Gai Dee

I just looked at it and to me it reaked of either a GS or Tm type of thread and didn't really seem to have a path much likely a road you could go on about. Just my 2 baht though.

Just out of interest, what is a "Gs or Tm type of thread"?

If threads are closed for not being interesting, would it be possible to develop an emoicon that says: "CLOSED FOR BEING UTTERLY BORING" to embarrass the offending member into having better taste?

They wouldn't have to inquire about why their post was closed either. :o

I just looked at it and to me it reaked of either a GS or Tm type of thread and didn't really seem to have a path much likely a road you could go on about. Just my 2 baht though.

Yeah but TGS & TM don´t get their threads closed so quickly though..

Above sentence only inserted because the following would otherwise put me in the negative...

:o:D