Where To Play Golf In Bangkok For Beginners?

WebBangkok

A couple of mates and I want to start playing golf just for a bit of fun.

I have played once in Sydney and not very good and the others have only been to a driving range.

So where is a good place in or close to Bangkok for beginners, I dont want to just choose a place where all good players go as we will probably hold up the queue behind us.

Thanks

Unico is a good beginner course. While narrow its not long and not too much trouble to get into. Its inexpensive and very very close to the city which is nice. You wont find a lot of serious golfers on the course because its been in bad shape for so long. Recently renovated its in reasonable shape now.

Speaking as a Bangkok golfer, how about Pattaya?Only joking.There is a par 3 course which would be just the job behind Seacon Square on Srinakarin.

Funny. I wanted to say the same thing, but you did it better. What makes people think they can just go out and play? Too much Tiger. I guess if you can remain in a fun mood for 18 holes, not get real serious about it, and bring plenty of beer, you could have fun. I remember an old race track that was converted into a golf course. It was kind of interesting to play, and it's close to Bangkok. I have no idea if it's still open. I played it a couple of times. Just to practice. It's on the way to the old airport. I think. Cheap, too. Unico is a good second choice, and it's a nice course.

Just make sure you let other players through if you are holding them up, and don't start throwing clubs around. It's not their fault.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my friends and I played at unico, we arrived at 3:30 and played 9 holes.

All of us were beginners and it was the first time for most of us, I shot a 74 on the front 9 which needs improving as I think it was around 36 to be on par or whatever you call it.

There was 7 of us, we played in 2 groups, we all bought 8 balls each and ran out of balls on the 9th (but we bough more) Thats more than 56 balls lost between us lol.

I think I will need to go to the driving range.

• 3 weeks later...