Platinum Wedding Rings In Bangkok

joe1912

can anyone advise which shops are still selling platinum wedding rings. I have tried a few shop that sold them a couple of years ago but they all seem to have stopped selling them.

have tried a few in siam paragon, rama 6 gem shop, MBK ...

anyone know where they are still sold or why they have stopped selling them?

in asia unlike in other countries,

asian loves the look and the feel of the yellow stuff.

demand for platinum products in terms of jewelery is substantially less.

the demand just does not justify the high carrying cost comparing with its big brother yellow. imo.;)

if you like to walk, try bangkok china town on thanon jaow-wa-lart, there might be a few shops still carrying platinum rings, but the design might not be meeting with you nor yours approval.

my advice is jump on a jumbo jet and head for hongkong, and if you do not find any desgin that you like, get another plane and head for shienghai.... i am sure you can find several new designs there. one of my nieces did exactly that and was very happy with the offerings in shienghai. :)

Edited by vont

..were looking at Paragon four years ago for Platinum Wedding Rings. the ones we loved the most were from Cartier.

Cartier Shop in Paragon do have nice wedding rings made of Platinum.

staff was very helpful and attending - until the shop manager told us: "buy them in Hong Kong its cheaper there than here in Bangkok, because we buy them in Hong Kong too". ...so we went to Hong Kong. ?!?

nice move of the staff... what we saved here, paid for the shopping trip (travel only!!!) to HKG....