Kfc

dick turpin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are u guys debating about a less than 1$ tart?????

Back in the west 1$ is the price of a can of coke without tax...

Probably so if with "the west" you mean the US of A and Canada.

In Switzerland, the can will set you back about 2.5 to 3 USD in the cheapest vending machines, up to 4 to 6 USD if the machine stands at good location...

:bah:

Thanks to KFC Burger King and Mc Donald, Thai are getting fatter everyday.

Yes, the way they force the Thais to eat their food is awful, isn't it?

The overuse of flavour enhancer, sugar, salt and fat, get you addicted, in a way they don't have a choice

The overuse of flavour enhancer, sugar, salt and fat, get you addicted, in a way they don't have a choice

Ridiculous.

There are some great posts on TVF. Ad then there are some that really astonish me in a different way...

Ridiculous.

There are some great posts on TVF. Ad then there are some that really astonish me in a different way...

Over the past fifty years, food processing companies have steadily increased the amount of MSG added to foods. One of the most consistent effects of MSG is triggering an "insulin/adrenalin/fat storage/food craving response". That response is what causes the hunger feeling an hour after eating Chinese food or fast food. It's also why some people crave snack foods even if they are not hungry. Over the past fifty years, society has steadily been gaining weight. The lack of physical fitness combined with the addictive qualities of MSG has left millions of overweight people in its wake.

Edited by aneliane

Over the past fifty years, food processing companies have steadily increased the amount of MSG added to foods. One of the most consistent effects of MSG is triggering an "insulin/adrenalin/fat storage/food craving response". That response is what causes the hunger feeling an hour after eating Chinese food or fast food. It's also why some people crave snack foods even if they are not hungry. Over the past fifty years, society has steadily been gaining weight. The lack of physical fitness combined with the addictive qualities of MSG has left millions of overweight people in its wake.

:boring:

You ought to link your source, don't you think? (I see numerous people have used the same words but haven't found a single source and thus can't judge it's credibility or any existence of an agenda or bias). That paragraph without a source or context is of limited value as evidence, it seems to me.

What has left people overweight is a lack of physical fitness and eating the wrong things. No surprise there. It's patently absurd to suggest Thais (or anyone else) has no choice but to eat fast food and./or fail to exercise. Even your lifted quote doesn't go that far.

By the way, I and my Thai wife -- like millions of people the world over - have eaten KFC several times in our lives and yet seem to manage to have limited that to probably less than a dozen times in 20 years...can't say it has taken any great effort to resist. Some people like it more than we do, so they eat it more. (Fine. I'm not one of those foolish people who somehow feel morally superior to people who eat/like fast food. Anyway, I like a Burger King burger on occasion -- a few times a year).

But it's their choice to do so.

Edited by SteeleJoe

Egg tarts are actually Chinese, or rather from Hong Kong, to which the Portuguese brought them where they are called Dan Tan, which also mean 'idiot tart'

KFC is merely doing an overly fatty version of the real Mac Coy, which like most of KFC's recipes is just another way to sell you fat salt and sugar to make the people fatter and more unhealthy everyday. Thanks to KFC Burger King and Mc Donald, Thai are getting fatter everyday.

Go to China town and get the real deal !

Almost right, try Macao not HK and yes they are the real deal, living a short distance from Macao I get more than my fait share

I always thought Thai marketing strategy worked on the 'if it does not sell, increase the price' model. Those egg tarts are very nice anyway.

That is the myth that gets a good working out here....

You ought to link your source, don't you think? (I see numerous people have used the same words but haven't found a single source and thus can't judge it's credibility or any existence of an agenda or bias). That paragraph without a source or context is of limited value as evidence, it seems to me.

What has left people overweight is a lack of physical fitness and eating the wrong things. No surprise there. It's patently absurd to suggest Thais (or anyone else) has no choice but to eat fast food and./or fail to exercise. Even your lifted quote doesn't go that far.

By the way, I and my Thai wife -- like millions of people the world over - have eaten KFC several times in our lives and yet seem to manage to have limited that to probably less than a dozen times in 20 years...can't say it has taken any great effort to resist. Some people like it more than we do, so they eat it more. (Fine. I'm not one of those foolish people who somehow feel morally superior to people who eat/like fast food. Anyway, I like a Burger King burger on occasion -- a few times a year).

ok you are right your wife and you prove that food enhancers are not responsible for obesity

ok you are right your wife and you prove that food enhancers are not responsible for obesity

No, common sense does. (Is your sarcasm actually meant to suggest that only my wife and I are able to resist the all-powerful "food enhancers"?)

Poor diet and lack of exercise are responsible for obesity*. Both are determined by the choices of the consumer**. Absolving Thais of responsibility for their own actions (and assignig balme to the evil western influences) is not only based in fallacy but also suggests Thais aren't capable of thinking for themselves and shouldn't be expected to.

*Feel free to attempt to refute this (rather than just make a facetious remark).

** See above.

No, common sense does. (Is your sarcasm actually meant to suggest that only my wife and I are able to resist the all-powerful "food enhancers"?)

Poor diet and lack of exercise are responsible for obesity*. Both are determined by the choices of the consumer**. Absolving Thais of responsibility for their own actions (and assignig balme to the evil western influences) is not only based in fallacy but also suggests Thais aren't capable of thinking for themselves and shouldn't be expected to.

*Feel free to attempt to refute this (rather than just make a facetious remark).

** See above.

Can't be bothered

Forget KFC, McD etc. etc. its the Walls' fruit flavoured ice-lollies that I'm wondering about!

Generally I prefer savoury foods to sweet, but find myself eating up to 15 of these ice-lollies in a day :o.

I've had to restrict myself to buying them once a week :(........

Might as well use this space since I accidentally double posted (and can't sleep):

Starbucks is in Nongkhai, Korat, Krabi, Rayong, and KonKaen.

Any real Thais live there?

McDonald's are even more widespread, I believe.

Sorry...there are no real Thais in Korat....hehehe

Can't be bothered

biggrin.gif

I think you meant just "Can't" (as in, 'I am unable to refute you and will now drop it since I can not support my claims with logic or fact.')

Fair 'nuff.

Exactly - nothing more boring than a recently coverted vegan spouting the party line. :whistling:

Can't be bothered

biggrin.gif

I think you meant just "Can't" (as in, 'I am unable to refute you and will now drop it since I can not support my claims with logic or fact.')

Fair 'nuff.

Exactly - nothing more boring than a recently coverted vegan spouting the party line. :whistling:

Yes sorry to have spoilt your MSG transfat party... No they don't get you fat or hooked up, they are very good for you! Keep gobbling them !

In some countries KFC is considered part of a balanced daily diet. McDonalds for breakfast, KFC for lunch and Pizza Hut for dinner!

Yes sorry Long Live Mac Donald KFC, Pizza Hut and BK

These are world savers

Yes sorry to have spoilt your MSG transfat party... No they don't get you fat or hooked up, they are very good for you! Keep gobbling them !

Everything in moderation. At least people who eat them don't usually go around boring everyone else with how much better their choice of food is. :whistling:

Edited by Ulysses G.

[Yes sorry to have spoilt your MSG transfat party... No they don't get you fat or hooked up, they are very good for you! Keep gobbling them !

Ah, the straw man technique:attribute a position to your opponent that they never held or implied and which is clearly wrong and indefensible, and then dismiss it with sarcasm.

1) No one claimed they don't get you fat if you eat them (and don't get enough exercise). Only that you have to choose to eat them for them to make you fat.

2) You have yet to prove they get you hooked -- and the evidence indicates that is unlikely - and again, they can't hook you if you don't eat them: a choice.

3) No one claimed or in any way suggested they are good for you let alone very good for you.

4) I don't gobble "them" so I can't keep doing so.. Some people do. They are responsible for that, not KFC.

You looked slightly less intellectually dishonest when realizing you couldn't support your position, you just decided to avoid addressing the topic further.

Everything in moderation. At least people who eat them don't usually go around boring everyone else with how much better their choice of food is. :whistling:

Ouch, I have to agree with UG on this matter :whistling::lol:

(but don't worry, not on pizzas)

[Yes sorry to have spoilt your MSG transfat party... No they don't get you fat or hooked up, they are very good for you! Keep gobbling them !

Ah, the straw man technique:attribute a position to your opponent that they never held or implied and which is clearly wrong and indefensible, and then dismiss it with sarcasm.

1) No one claimed they don't get you fat if you eat them (and don't get enough exercise). Only that you have to choose to eat them for them to make you fat.

2) You have yet to prove they get you hooked -- and the evidence indicates that is unlikely - and again, they can't hook you if you don't eat them: a choice.

3) No one claimed or in any way suggested they are good for you let alone very good for you.

4) I don't gobble "them" so I can't keep doing so.. Some people do. They are responsible for that, not KFC.

You looked slightly less intellectually dishonest when realizing you couldn't support your position, you just decided to avoid addressing the topic further.

No I like when I realize stubborn people will die fast, there is not enough space for everyone in your system anyway. It's a good thing. Keep stuffing your face !jap.gif

Starbucks where I live is full of Thai and very little farang and we can afford it!

What you forget that when you go in a macshit place is that you spend more on a crappy meal than a Thai person gets paid in one day, It puts it in prospective does it not ,

I was at the mall eating a fish sandwich at MacDonald's watching all the Thai people across the way eating Japanese food for 400 baht per customer. I guess that puts it in perspective for me. 6 Farang in Mac's and none in the Japanese place.

The Thai people go to Starbucks. I can't afford it I drink at the little coffee place on the street with the robusta.

I use my 800 baht nokia and 12 year old Thai school kids are sporting the newest Apple phone. I drive a 10 year old Toyota and the 21 year old chick living next door is driving a BMW. Do you want me to go on or are things in perspective now?

you chose to live in there country. the real Thai people who do not live in Sin city live in the real Thailand, and 300baht is about there pay for a day. Very few Thais can afford to eat in resturants. or mac shit or. bluber king,My mother Inlaw works in a Thai hospital and she cannot afford to eat In any of these places. I have never see any Thais in Starbuks in Sahmut Sahkon, Because they dont build them in the Thai provinces, just the tourist places, so your view is distorted.