Seek Advice For Setting Up Chinese Acupuncture Room In Pattaya

susanschwaiger

Dear All,

Finally I've settled down in Pattaya and may stay here for more than 5 years.

I worked as an acupuncturist in China for 4 years and I'd like to set up a physical therapy room in Pattaya too.

But I dont know the regulations, tax, etc. Can any body give me some adivce?

I did not study acupunture in University. But I have had strict trainings and various kinds of certificates... and, many successful cases too.

Thanks and best regards

susan

Edited by sbk
email removed

Sorry to rain on your parade but this is impossible for you to do. If you check on Google and look up "jobs and businesses that foreigners cannot do" here, you will see that your idea falls under these laws. You can however do what the previous post says and set up a Thai company and employ Thai's to work for you but you cannot even legally teach them your art.

You need a Thai work permit to set-up and operate your business here. Not sure if getting one will be easy, difficult... or impossible for you (this is Thailand), but good luck!

B)

Thanks!!! My husband company's HR will assist me in getting a working permit. Of course, I know "assist" does not means "guarantee". But I will try everyway to get one,

Edited by Rimmer

Sorry to rain on your parade but this is impossible for you to do. If you check on Google and look up "jobs and businesses that foreigners cannot do" here, you will see that your idea falls under these laws. You can however do what the previous post says and set up a Thai company and employ Thai's to work for you but you cannot even legally teach them your art.

Thanks very much for your reminding. Maybe I will seriously consult a lawyer first. If I can't do with direct way, then maybe do indireclt ways, like some "virtual clinic", "online" clinic." etc. Hope will find a way out.

The acupuncturist must have a Practitioners license in the field of Chinese Medicine issued by the Ministry of Health. If you graduated from overseas (and are not a Thai national) then you must be licensed in Chinese medicine in the country you graduated from.

You could apply for a Practitioners Licenses in the field of Chinese Medicine if you have obtained a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in Chinese medicine from an institute in Thailand that has been recognized and accredited by the Chinese Medicine board.

Any acupuncture clinic would need to obtain approval from the Ministry of Health before opening.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]

The acupuncturist must have a Practitioners license in the field of Chinese Medicine issued by the Ministry of Health. If you graduated from overseas (and are not a Thai national) then you must be licensed in Chinese medicine in the country you graduated from.

You could apply for a Practitioners Licenses in the field of Chinese Medicine if you have obtained a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in Chinese medicine from an institute in Thailand that has been recognized and accredited by the Chinese Medicine board.

Any acupuncture clinic would need to obtain approval from the Ministry of Health before opening.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]

Thanks for your detailed info ! It is great that IAm getting more and more useful infos. Seems I shall a lawyer first and have a review on my documents.

And don't forget that you will probably have to pay some extra "fees" to the nice Men in Brown.

You might want to research the market too. Just how many people in Pattaya would be interested in having acupuncture? IMO not many farangs, so you would be having to get the locals, and I'd imagine it's going to be rather more than 100 baht an hour, which cuts out most of the workers.

Sort of thing that would do better in Bangkok.

Just my opinion.

I went to an acupuncture clinic during my stay last time. Each time is 600 Baht (with 10 times). Thai doctor,who had trainings in China.

Already got some customers in our community. And will try to get more. In China, 90% of my customers are the exapts working in there.

And heard in Pattaya, there is a Confucious school and there they teach Chinese culture and do some charity.

If gov not allows me to do acu biz, then maybe I can help others with needles :) Need to explore a lot !

Cheers!

Edited by Rimmer
See rule 16
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello...susan

Yes. you must have Chinese medicine license issued by the Ministry of Health in thailand. The license examination currently applies once a year and uses Thai language. You must have your own country license in the field of Chinese Medicine and live in thailand more than three years ( for this criteria you passed i think) . good luck.

Hi ...susan

To work here you need work permit, best way open thai company and get one (I did same thing ), I do not know anything about

waht kind of permits you need regarding accupuncture practicing , but I know for sure, for you it will be less dificult to get it, then for farang from europe or america,

and after all it's not that difficult as people in this forum think, when you establish your clinic please let me know i want to be your client i want to quit smoking.

I also have few clients for you ( at least another 4 )

wish you luck

You can ask my lawyer if you have more questions, he set my company for only 45000 bat

John

• Like 1

Hello...susan

Yes. you must have Chinese medicine license issued by the Ministry of Health in thailand. The license examination currently applies once a year and uses Thai language. You must have your own country license in the field of Chinese Medicine and live in thailand more than three years ( for this criteria you passed i think) . good luck.

Ha, that seems mission impossible ! I can't read and write Thai and have stayed here just a bit longer than 1 year now wink.png (why it already seems 10 years to me, gasping......sick.gif )

@John79: thanks so much for your info !

.....It is a pity that I can't do needle anymore now..... My baby will soon report to this lousy world in 3 weeks cheesy.gif

Maybe you can try this acupuncture clinic in Pattaya:

http://www.pattayaac...2007/index.html

Hi Susan

Thanks for link, I was looking for accupunctue clinic for some time now

I found total 2 clinics with acc-re services, one of them doctor simply didn't have

quit smoking needless :) ( My long time friend quit smoking with accupuncture help, he was smoking for over

15 years, I am smoking for almost 24 years and it's time to quit I feel it). Second clinic doctor just came from her studies in china

she had 2 month working expirience.