Freight Cm>>Surin

kimincm

I know nobody who has . It is a bit of a non normal route. What are you shipping and what size and weight? I could have a solution for you ,if I have more information.Is it a one off or continuing?Look forward to receiving your reply

Nakhonchai Air at the Arcade busstation (next to the 7/11) has several busses (buses?) on a daily basis and they accept "freight" as far as I know.

That is why ,I requested more information .The bins will only take parcels up to a certain size,and yes one "S: is correct.

Nakhonchai Air at the Arcade busstation (next to the 7/11) has several busses (buses?) on a daily basis and they accept "freight" as far as I know.

That is why ,I requested more information .The bins will only take parcels up to a certain size,and weight and yes one "S: is correct.

Edited by afarang

I know nobody who has . It is a bit of a non normal route. What are you shipping and what size and weight? I could have a solution for you ,if I have more information.Is it a one off or continuing?Look forward to receiving your reply

The story is I'm trying to do a favour for a friend who has a place in Surin .The 'item' is 8 fruit trees that are not available in Surin. A bit awkward I uderstand,he said he would drive to get them.I told him I would run it by you people and see what popped up and maybe save him a lengthy drive.

Thanks for the input so far. About 1-1.5 mtr.

Edited by kimincm

The story is I'm trying to do a favour for a friend who has a place in Surin .The 'item' is 8 fruit trees that are not available in Surin. A bit awkward I uderstand,he said he would drive to get them.I told him I would run it by you people and see what popped up and maybe save him a lengthy drive.

Thanks for the input so far. About 1-1.5 mtr.

Certainly , if you can pack them, reasonably well, Bus line Nakornchai Air runs from Chiang Mai to Ubon overnight., .They go via Surin. And stop there,They have an office there as well.It is an overnight service. I think the first bus leaves Chiang Mai at 18.00 hours, daily.They do have an office in Chiang Mai. They are most probably the best bus line in Thailand. Give them a try ,and I am sure you will have saved your friend a very tiring drive. Good Luck. Hope the trees travel well !!!

I forgot to give you phone numbers. Chiang Mai ::05326-2799 , Surin:: 04451-5151.The best departure time for you , would be 16.15 from C.M,as this service runs through the cool of the night. I suspect it arrives in Surin around Dawn. But the office at Surin may not be open at that hour. So, your friend should try to meet the bus , as it arrives.

I forgot to give you phone numbers. Chiang Mai ::05326-2799 , Surin:: 04451-5151.The best departure time for you , would be 16.15 from C.M,as this service runs through the cool of the night. I suspect it arrives in Surin around Dawn. But the office at Surin may not be open at that hour. So, your friend should try to meet the bus , as it arrives.

Correct about this service, i live Surin and I use them to send stuff to BKK all the time, they do take large size bags. I have sent a few bags that were 500mm wide and 1200 mm long about 15mm wide. No issues. However another thought might be to check with the train station. It wont be direct but might be cheaper. If possible..

Eric, the items to be freighted are small trees. Rail would require them going via Bkk. Most probably requiring a travel time of around 24 hours minimum ( including waiting time). Which would be detrimental to the survival prospects of the trees.In this case the comparison is between freighting by bus and driving a return journey from Surin to C.M. Interesting trip, I agree,I would love to do it. but very tiring, to do when it is not for "holidaying" purposes. And expensive.

Sorry,my apologies. The best bus for you to freight your trees would be around 18.00 to 18.30( first service around sunset) ex Chiang Mai , I am sorry ,terrible mistake on my part.