Jetsky Scam Caugth In The Act: With Pictures

nikkoid66

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

paul jones .

re ... What ever happened to the Pattaya Mayor?

Didn't he commit to stopping the criminal activity on the beach?

he tried but the ski operators didnt like his efforts at negotiation / meadiation : )

i spent about a week in pattaya in early may ..... on my first walk along beach road i saw this tent with this notice tied

so nobody could see it or read it : (

i walked past there dozens of times over the next few days to untie it and get a better pic but when i saw all the jet ski

people sorting stuff only 25 yards away all day i didnt go near it

on the night before i left i went down at night after they had gone home and there were only a few ladyboys about

so i untied it quickly .. got my pic and left

ive often wondered why nobody else has mentiond this tent or if its still there but nobody ever has : (

dave2

ps ... pic upload is on strike again : ( .. will post pics later

whether you like it or not....

you are an unwilling participant in pattaya....

if you disagree, which we all do, then leave.... the scene--pattaya

thailand has alot of other even much more attractive, inviting, seducing and enchanting spots.... if one cares to spend sometime and search....

Tokay, do not complain any more.... just leave like so many other fedup farang....

or do you have some other interests in the areas....? LOL ;)

and quite why should Tokay stop complaining?.

At least he is doing his best to keep the topic current and so hopefully warn newbies to the possible financial melt down that can follow renting a jet ski.

Believe me it is not a nice site to watch unsuspecting holiday makers realize the depth of mess that they are in.

I have seen this myself over 35 times not read about or been told about it but watched it.

I understand his frustrations that the people who should be sorting this crime out are sitting on their hands and doing nothing.

But the problem is real and pretending otherwise is as bad as sitting on your hands.

----------------

oh dear.... tokay, i am on your side and am in complete agreement with your observation.

what i meant to say is.... if the persons in charge are not interested in cleaning up their acts or their employees' acts....

why on earth, does anyone want to frequent those places of biz? why oh why?

i also feel completely and totally empathy with those tourists swamping into pattaya and phuket....

why oh why.... does anyone want to frequent those places.... when as i mentioned there are plentiful other even more interesting and arresting places in thailand to visit and do all other even more challenging activities....

but then it is your money, spend it any which way and any how you feel like....

but then also, when you are taken.... who do you wish to blame....?

if the poster/responder wishes to complain on thaivisa.... be my guest....

but if i were you, i would definitely find some other place or location.... where it is my cup of tea....

hope you get what i mean now.... cheers :)

Most people will gravitate to tourist areas where there is an infrastructure set up for the needs of tourists that is why people go to Phuket, Pattaya, Koh Samui etc

Secondly you are sadly deluded if you think that it is only the tourist areas that have scams.

Scams are a way of life in Thailand and no matter where you go there will be a scam just waiting for the unsuspecting traveller.

my fellow, you are entirely too negative about life in general in thailand....

a few other farang and myself have been in and out of thailand since 1960 or so....

at least a bunch of us can categorically say that.... we have never been scammed either by chinese, malay, thai, vietnamese or other minority groups....

but sad to say.... there are more farang who seem to know all.... tried to entice several of us into buying into whatever they were trying to unload samui, pangnga, lanta land and develpment.... lol B)

If you have been in Thailand that long then undoubtedly you have been scammed somewhere along the way you just didn't realise it. :lol:

Thats so untrue, my wife and her live in brother called tirak always take care that I am not scammed.

Good post my friend but pointless, nothing will be done too many people taking a cut, you might as well pray that the tuk tuks in phuket will lower their prices it aint going to happen, so sad.

Everyone can comment and like the post on Itthiphol Kunplome (Pattaya's mayor) Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/#!/PattayaFuture

The more we talk about it, the more embarrassing it is and one day, maybe they will stop the scammers.

Post after post on his wall talking about crime and scams in Pattaya. But never a reply. I wonder if my post will be removed ?

re ... pic upload is on strike again : ( .. will post pics later

here ya go .... is the tent still there or has it dissapeared ?

dave2 .. chiang mai : )

you ought to send this photo to the governor's office or better yet....

go and personally hand him a copy....

and watch for his reaction.... good luck and thx for the pix.... :jap:

vont.

re ... better yet.... go and personally hand him a copy

sorry i have to stay in chiang mai so the staff at the imm hotel can welcome me for my daily ice cream at mc donalds

but you can send him the pics ... no problem : )

dave2

post-42592-0-54586100-1309354380_thumb.j

vont.

re ... better yet.... go and personally hand him a copy

sorry i have to stay in chiang mai so the staff at the imm hotel can welcome me for my daily ice cream at mc donalds

but you can send him the pics ... no problem : )

dave2

Dave my old son, do you know who the Mayor of Pattaya is? What family he comes from? I suggest you do some research before you post on this topic. You are probably safe in Chiang Mai. Probably! This topic has been running for the best part of a year and nothing changes. Nobody with any kind of influence in Pattaya is prepared to put their head above the parapet and put an end to this criminal activity. There are at least four English language newspapers in Pattaya, presumably serving the English speaking, ( And German speaking) , ex pats and tourists here in Pattaya who know full well what is going on regarding these scams. But they choose to bury their heads in the sand and say nothing. Even though the proprietor of one of these newspapers is employed by the British Government to take care of the interests of tourists here. The Tourist police are a waste of space. I had occasion to be in the Police Station last weekend on an unrelated matter, and whilst waiting to be seen by the duty officer, was interrupted by some very traumatised victims of this scam who were nearly in tears. They had been told to pay 30,000 baht for non existent damage to a jet ski, when they came into the interview room they asked the European Tourist officer at the desk, 'Should we contact the embassy?' He basically sneered at them and told them to sit down and shut up. There were a few people waiting to be dealt with, a Police Officer came in, nodded towards the victims and asked the Falang tourist officer what they were doing there, he just grinned and said,'Jet Ski'. Cue big grins and laughs all round. One of the scammers from the beach was there, a little fat guy, chatting away in Thai over the heads of the victims, laughing and joking with the officers. The victims were asked when they were going home, they replied, ' in two days. They were then told in no uncertain terms that unless they paid up now they would not be going anywhere. This from the Western tourist officer! One of them disappeared, presumably to an ATM and came back with the money. Again, laughs all round from the officials. As we were leaving another group of victims came in and it all started over again. Unbelievable. They are all in on it. All get their cut. God knows how much money a week is being scammed off innocent tourists, but it must run into a lot. I am under no illusion that my post here will probably be taken off by the moderators, but i hope a few people read it before this happens. The really awful thing regarding this ongoing scam is the sheer gutlessness of the media here. They could put a stop to this tomorrow if they wanted. But they choose not to. Why?

I saw the tent on my last trip but never saw anybody negotiating there.

from what i could see it was only staffed saturdays and sundays.

however whoever is put in the tent stands a high chance of becoming quite wealthy quite quickly (and not by winning the lottery)

either that or intimidated himself or more likely his family.

in Thailand that's the way things go, it's clearly not right but it's Thailand and we still go back again and again because apart from the obvious faults we love the place

exsexyman.

re ... Dave my old son, do you know who the Mayor of Pattaya is? What family he comes from?

errrr no ...

re ... I suggest you do some research before you post on this topic. You are probably safe in Chiang Mai. Probably

why ... do you think i should be worried that they are going to come and get me : (

should the op and all the other posters who replied be worried and is he still alive coz i thought he lived there

youve got me all bothered now

dave2 ... going to hide for a bit : )

post-42592-0-03595700-1309397878_thumb.j

exsexyman.

re ... Dave my old son, do you know who the Mayor of Pattaya is? What family he comes from?

errrr no ...

re ... I suggest you do some research before you post on this topic. You are probably safe in Chiang Mai. Probably

why ... do you think i should be worried that they are going to come and get me : (

should the op and all the other posters who replied be worried and is he still alive coz i thought he lived there

youve got me all bothered now

dave2 ... going to hide for a bit : )

Everything ripples down from the top. Remember the way the drugs dealers were dealt with? Well, I bet everyone assumed these people were safe as long as the right people were getting paid. Then a certain Mr T came along and for a while a lot less Yaba was being used. Mr T may be on his way back. That may not be good for us falangs but it may be worse for others. You never know.

Defamatory post removed from view.

Discuss the subject all you like, but no naming/accusing high profile individuals. It will get you in trouble with the law, or worse. If you feel like making accusations against certain highly placed individuals, file a police report, but do not make accusations on this website.

Tokay....

whether you like it or not....

you are an unwilling participant in pattaya....

if you disagree, which we all do, then leave.... the scene--pattaya

thailand has alot of other even much more attractive, inviting, seducing and enchanting spots.... if one cares to spend sometime and search....

Tokay, do not complain any more.... just leave like so many other fedup farang....

or do you have some other interests in the areas....?

I'd leave tomorrow morning if I could. Until the good lord shines her light upon me and takes me out of Thailand's filthy toilet bowl, I work here and am paid too well to just up and quit simply because I think it's full of criminals. I've been trying to get a new job for a while but the global economy (at least anywhere I would like to work) isn't exactly booming right now.

why on earth, does anyone want to frequent those places of biz? why oh why?

Yes, shame on me for wanting to watch the sun set over the water every evening on my way home from work. Such a wretched view should only be reserved for those who prefer a city full of criminals. :whistling:

What ever happened to the Pattaya Mayor?

Didn't he commit to stopping the criminal activity on the beach?

He committed to stopping the scams over 1 year ago but actually did nothing about it after his photos made the press of him at the beach with a clipboard and sitting down with other "police" looking at print outs of criminals. Now the scammers are more violent than ever and are demanding higher fees than ever, all while city hall does jack squat and the police involved cash in. Day in, day out.

Just pay them mate, just pay them want they want, this is Thailand, it's not our Country ,regardless if u live here full time.

Brilliant. It's probably best to to give them access to your entire bank account and let them gang screw your wife. Right? Because it's their country, they can do anything they want to us because we're just pieces of dog feces who don't deserve to be treated fairly.

In fact, I'm going to waltz down to the beach tomorrow and just start throwing 1000 note bills at every dark brown, flip-flop wearing, tattooed, scum bag I see. They are entitled to it, because it's their country and their money. I certainly don't deserve any of that money.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Just pay them mate, just pay them want they want, this is Thailand, it's not our Country ,regardless if u live here full time.

Brilliant. It's probably best to to give them access to your entire bank account and let them gang screw your wife. Right? Because it's their country, they can do anything they want to us because we're just pieces of dog feces who don't deserve to be treated fairly.

In fact, I'm going to waltz down to the beach tomorrow and just start throwing 1000 note bills at every dark brown, flip-flop wearing, tattooed, scum bag I see. They are entitled to it, because it's their country and their money. I certainly don't deserve any of that money.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I agree with your position (sarcasm). The idea that we should all "bend over and take it because we are guests" seems to be dominant among ThaiVisa posters (odd and no idea why). It shows up on thread after thread after thread. That aside, I wonder if it would help to start a massive "lose face" information war? What do I mean? I mean contacting the Bangkok Post/Nation and asking for some investigative reporting, and writing OP pieces, and letters to the editor, all pointing out that the people who have the power to stop it are doing nothing.

With the Mayor not being able to stop this scam in my opinion puts all tourists at risk when coming to Pattaya for a holiday because it proves that the place is out of control with corruption and law enforcement agencies are not doing their job to protect people from the mafia scum.

With the Mayor not being able to stop this scam in my opinion puts all tourists at risk when coming to Pattaya for a holiday because it proves that the place is out of control with corruption and law enforcement agencies are not doing their job to protect people from the mafia scum.

its all running perfectly to plan, everyone is doing their job, but you dont have to play along, its all bluff, jetskis disappear sometimes, who knows

with local elections due nobody is going to do anything about ANY problem till it's over.

right now they would all shake hands with lucifer if they thought he had a vote. it's all about pressing the flesh and promising the moon to all and sundry in exchange for lovely lovely votes

with local elections due nobody is going to do anything about ANY problem till it's over.

right now they would all shake hands with lucifer if they thought he had a vote. it's all about pressing the flesh and promising the moon to all and sundry in exchange for lovely lovely votes

I would doubt that, theres very low turn outs to local elections, in Pattaya anyway. you have to pay people to vote when the only difference it makes is whos going to be the top man to collect the money and theres nothing in it for the voter

I saw another scam happen today, 3 white looking young tourists rented 3 jetskys for one hour opposite Mike shopping late in the afternoon. They looked like they might have been soldiers from their hair cuts but I am not sure where they were from and how much they paid in the end. 2 of them left for about an hour to get money and when they returned apparently it was not enough money, so one of them left again to get more. I did not feel like waiting around any longer at that point as these things go on for hours before they release their victims.

I saw another scam happen today, 3 white looking young tourists rented 3 jetskys for one hour opposite Mike shopping late in the afternoon. They looked like they might have been soldiers from their hair cuts but I am not sure where they were from and how much they paid in the end. 2 of them left for about an hour to get money and when they returned apparently it was not enough money, so one of them left again to get more. I did not feel like waiting around any longer at that point as these things go on for hours before they release their victims.

the ones near mikes shopping mall are the most prolific offenders on the beach and also the most paranoid about falangs taking any pictures of events.