Hydrochloric Acid

DavidOxon

Pharmacy as far as I know. The pharmacy is the only place I can buy acid in Canada, but I have to sign a usage waiver. Considering that I can buy prescription drugs right over the counter in Thailand then I'd suspect they would also sell acid.

My pharmacy use to sell a 3% solution but it seems they have stopped carrying it. I'm not sure what you need it for, but 3% is weak enough to use it for a mouthwash (not recommended!) and it also takes the stench out of smelly drains.

Pharmacy as far as I know. The pharmacy is the only place I can buy acid in Canada, but I have to sign a usage waiver. Considering that I can buy prescription drugs right over the counter in Thailand then I'd suspect they would also sell acid.

this is Thailand not Canada Ian. i buy 25 liters of 30% hydrochloric acid for 750 Baht from a poolshop. don't use it for my pool but for a different purpose.

same same in the U.S. of A. where any poolshop sells you any quantity of HCl without a doctor's prescription but they call it "Muriatic Acid".

Not knowing if you need pure or not but Vixol contains from 10%-32% HCL.

Hi yes, thanks everyone

found Vixol 20% at GLobal House which hopefully should be strong enough to do what I want!

David! :ph34r: