New Fortuner And Vigo

isnt that the lower front end of the CRV's bumper?

Probably - the Fortuner is a bit of a mish-mash of designs - i.e. the c-pillar is quite clearly a copy the Benz ML class, the upper grille on this clearly Honda City inspired, the lower CR-V-esque as noted.. It is a Thailand designed model after all ;)

Still, IMHO it was better for them to borrow styling elements from proper designers, rather than try their hand at a ground up design like Toyota Indonesia did with the Innova :D

Change the grill and the bonnet Trans and some borrowed red plates, your up to date.B)

The bonnet look's the same to me. But I think the wheel's are an improvement. Load's better than those 16" chunky thing's.

The air scoop has been repositioned - apparently.

Change the grill and the bonnet Trans and some borrowed red plates, your up to date.B)

The bonnet look's the same to me. But I think the wheel's are an improvement. Load's better than those 16" chunky thing's.

Yep, scoop now centered and much wider than before. The hood *has* changed, as have the front fenders, and the front-end. Inside there's a new AV entertainment system on upper models. and some revised interioir colors, but otherwise largely unchanged. Engines are the same, but will soon have an additional particulate filter and a few more HP from being EuroIV compat.

For those who have been reading here for a while this is the "big minor change" I was talking about back in 2009/10 ;)

They are doing away with the metalic blue , metalic green , now will have silver as before , silky gold , white, steel black , be interested what that looks like . The interior will still have chunky knobs for A.C. but better than the old ones and the top model navi , but not same as fortuner , that ogcourse has a better line up inside .

Why T. F. Toyota cant give more stuff to really make the interior better is beyond me .

:blink:

Yep, scoop now centered and much wider than before. The hood *has* changed, as have the front fenders, and the front-end. Inside there's a new AV entertainment system on upper models. and some revised interioir colors, but otherwise largely unchanged. Engines are the same, but will soon have an additional particulate filter and a few more HP from being EuroIV compat.

For those who have been reading here for a while this is the "big minor change" I was talking about back in 2009/10 ;)

Sleep better tonight. :D

So to sum up, colour other than the blue that was a non seller/starter anyway, a few bolt on bump's, it's the same as it's alway's been. Great upgrade. Id like to ask other than the wheel's is anyone going to notice the difference.

So to sum up, colour other than the blue that was a non seller/starter anyway, a few bolt on bump's, it's the same as it's alway's been. Great upgrade. Id like to ask other than the wheel's is anyone going to notice the difference.

Sure - when the next-gen Yaris lunches, they'll notice that it 'stole' it's new headlamp shape from the Fortuner/VIGO minor change, hehe :P

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Mine is blue. :o

I put a very small deposit on new top spec Vigo last week. Have a black 2008 model atm but fancy a colour change :rolleyes: Was considering the new Ford Ranger but after 10 minutes in the local dealership there's no way I could do business with them, totally unprofessional!!

Oh dear,well look on the bright side there wont be any more about. At least you'll stick out in a crowd. Even more if you put some bling on it. Edited by fredob43

Oh dear,well look on the bright side there wont be any more about. At least you'll stick out in a crowd. Even more if you put some bling on it.

You honed in on my idea eh, you rascal. Black and silver :bah:.

As you say the (hood) bonnet has changed with the air scoop but it has also an additional fold or crease each side of the scoop if not mistaken.

You'll possibly know all about it on Monday 11th as that's when the new Vigo is supposed to hit the dealers. My sources might be wrong, but 3 days isn't long to wait and see.

Edited by Woodsie888

Woodsie is partially correct - deliveries of demo stock have already started, and a lot of dealers have already received them. Dealer training starts tomorrow, but will take 2 weeks to fully complete.

The official public release date for both Fortuner and VIGO is July 25th.

And here's a few other details I've been able to discover about the new Fortuner:

• New LCD screen audio system
  • Reversing camera as standard now
  • New rear styling as well as the front
  • Now has headlamp washers (useless feature - just there to compete with Pajero Sport)
  • 3.0L engine power up to 167HP (from 163)
  • Price increase of ~30,000 Baht

That's interesting fitting rear camera they must have got pissed off tell the dealers how to fit on a Sportivo111, as for HP increase how do they do that is it just a re flash of the ECU

yep, Euro IV ECU. Euro IV emission mandatory in TH from January, question is if they spend money on partickelfilter now, or wait until they must.

European EuroIV Vigo comes with a 5 speed auto with lower shift points, so TH Vigo/Fortuner must either come with same auto, or a TH ECU with EuroIV engine controls and 4 speed auto control

That's interesting fitting rear camera they must have got pissed off tell the dealers how to fit on a Sportivo111, as for HP increase how do they do that is it just a re flash of the ECU

yep, Euro IV ECU. Euro IV emission mandatory in TH from January, question is if they spend money on partickelfilter now, or wait until they must.

European EuroIV Vigo comes with a 5 speed auto with lower shift points, so TH Vigo/Fortuner must either come with same auto, or a TH ECU with EuroIV engine controls and 4 speed auto control

I agree with you and would expect to see an ECU change, retaining the 4 speed A/T, because DPF is expensive advanced technology which does not include just the filter. It would be unlikely Toyota would introduce it until absolutely necessary, particularly with the current TH fuel quality. I would suggest It is doubtful the 5 speed A/T will appear at the moment. When TH adopts a fuel standard of 10 - 50 ppm sulphur content, like many other countries, more efficient engine / transmission packages which are already produced in TH for other world markets will then appear domestically. If as MRO suggests, the new Fortuner (Vigo pro rata the same?) is going to have a price increase in the region of 30,000THB which seems entirely likely, it doesn't leave much room for the DPF technology and or transmission change, after paying for the cost of the cosmetic changes. Of course Euro IV is now a very old as a standard anyway and DPF is relatively new in comparison, so it is hard to imagine both being embraced simultaneously in Thailand during 2011.

Perhaps I am mistaken?

I agree with you and would expect to see an ECU change, retaining the 4 speed A/T, because DPF is expensive advanced technology which does not include just the filter. It would be unlikely Toyota would introduce it until absolutely necessary, particularly with the current TH fuel quality. I would suggest It is doubtful the 5 speed A/T will appear at the moment. When TH adopts a fuel standard of 10 - 50 ppm sulphur content, like many other countries, more efficient engine / transmission packages which are already produced in TH for other world markets will then appear domestically. If as MRO suggests, the new Fortuner (Vigo pro rata the same?) is going to have a price increase in the region of 30,000THB which seems entirely likely, it doesn't leave much room for the DPF technology and or transmission change, after paying for the cost of the cosmetic changes. Of course Euro IV is now a very old as a standard anyway and DPF is relatively new in comparison, so it is hard to imagine both being embraced simultaneously in Thailand during 2011.

Perhaps I am mistaken?

Good post with reasoning. :)

Perhaps I am mistaken?

All gas stations in Thailand must sell EuroIV diesel by Jan 1st 2012, and all pickups sold from the same date must be EuroIV spec - that's law.

Currently available EuroIV is Shell V-Power Diesel, all Bangchak (Lemon Green) diesel, and some selected PTT's are selling EuroIV under the Blue Innvovation brand (but beware that Blue Innovation does not yet mean you're getting EuroIV), Caltex will apparently be next to launch.

As for AT in the Fortuner/VIGO, I'll ask later today..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis