Hhg Shipment

Storekeeper

I'm planning to ship my household goods to Thailand around February 2007. There will be no electrical appliances, computers or audio/video equipment.

Based on what I read on the front page of this forum I should ship the HHGs in my Thai wife's name. And since it will have been nearly two years since our last visit to Thailand there should be no taxes or fees. Correct ?

Any advice appreciated.

I'm planning to ship my household goods to Thailand around February 2007. There will be no electrical appliances, computers or audio/video equipment.

Based on what I read on the front page of this forum I should ship the HHGs in my Thai wife's name. And since it will have been nearly two years since our last visit to Thailand there should be no taxes or fees. Correct ?

Any advice appreciated.

The last time we had any direct experience with the matter was about a year ago. At that time, your conclusion was indeed correct.

Of course a modest gratuity was still expected by customs regardless, but you could have guessed that, huh?

Any advice appreciated.

The last time we had any direct experience with the matter was about a year ago. At that time, your conclusion was indeed correct.

Of course a modest gratuity was still expected by customs regardless, but you could have guessed that, huh?

Shipped household goods from UK in July in wifes name and paid no tax.

Customs were very helpful and did not ask for any tea money,it is only if you go with an agent that they tell you that customs want money but it is the agent that will be ripping you off.