Hi Fi Fair At Fortune 2-5 July?

salween

I remember attending such a fair many years ago, in a hotel, but cannot recollect which one.

A good opportunity to see just what is available in Thailand

and find out where the small dealers are located.

Actually underway through Sunday at the hotel just to the left of Fortune Tower (Grand Marcure?). BAV 2011 it's called. Floors 14 and 15 have had all their furniture removed making way for about 60 auditioning rooms hosted by all manner of BKK HiFI shops: about 40% home theater, 30% middle of the road stuff and 30% upper end. I think the most expensive system on display was a bit south of Bt 4m. More interesting for me was to see some Rogue Audio kit for the first time, as it's been awhile since I paid much attention to this stuff. Solid gear at what seem to be quite reasonable prices. No sign of Macintosh or Accuphase, but did hear some nice sounds through a Conrad Johnson set-up. Looking for an amp, so that's what I paid most attention to. Moving into the 21st century, one real interesting deal I saw was for a Peachtree Nova with Squeezebox Touch for 49K. I went back thinking they had the Squeezebox alone, but was told that it's some deal with Peachtree folks. Have to sell them together. That's very close to the retail price of those two products in the US and was somewhat tempted. Don't need the Peachtree per se, but it's a solid lifestyle unit for what it is and rated accordingly.