Best Place To Upload In Thailand (Chiang Mai)

daeronb

Hello, im in chang mai and i need to upload my videos to youtube, most internet stores have an upload rate of 10kbs, and it takes ages. Does anyone know where there is a store which has relatively fast upload rates? (if chiang mai is out of the question a store in bangkok is also good, but rather chiang mai).

tnx!!!

Chiangmai U have the highest Upload speed in the north ,

the problem will be how you get access there

if not you can go to one of the Internet cafe - Example . OZONE .

there have many outlet .. if you are lucky and manage to get the girl looking after the shop to use the admin passwords to allow you to use USB . you might have a good chance of uploading at about 3-5 mb or more .

good luck

Chiangmai U have the highest Upload speed in the north ,

the problem will be how you get access there

if not you can go to one of the Internet cafe - Example . OZONE .

there have many outlet .. if you are lucky and manage to get the girl looking after the shop to use the admin passwords to allow you to use USB . you might have a good chance of uploading at about 3-5 mb or more .

good luck

hey man, i' m in an OZONE outlet while typing this (at the Huay Kaew rd.). I can upload using USB without an admin password. Or did you mean i need the password to go faster than normal? right now a 70mb video takes about 25 min to upload. Way to slow...

You might want to consider converting it to a more compressed format. For example, I converted a 128MB .avi file to .flv and the flv file came out to 27MB so a file size reduction of a factor of 5.

is common to load video file especially HD one in the range of 200-300mb .

not sure about the Ozone outlet at Huay Kaew i recall uploading my video at the tanin market outlet and when i plug in my USB it ask for a admin passwords and with a big smile and simple thai the counter girl enter her admin passwords for me to allow me to upload it ..

policy might change .]

now i upload from home . with my 1 mb upload speed . usually i just leav ethe com on and when it done it go to sleep mode .

ozone have good internet speed for some of it outlet .

not sure if it just local . but their connection is sure more then 1mb upload if i reclal correctly might be 50/10mb

alright, i worked it out. Im uploading in ozone atm with about 1mb per second. so im good :D:D.

tnx everyone for the help!

ps. Very good to know that if you go out of the tourist area for about 2 miles you can actualy get decent internet at decent (10bht/h) price instead of crappy internet at 40bht/hour.

i guess its probably the same with food/hotels/services etc.

• 2 months later...

These speeds no good in comparison to most other cities in the world.... Ozone looks to be winner only if can get Admin password. To maybe get 5Mb upload speed- worth putting on a smile and requesting, if possible as will save days per time.

I will ask around outside town.... then keep those in need updated as I know half a dozen Web guys complaining of uploading their work taking days to weeks.

When they can do it in hours back home on 100Mb link.

We can dare to dream to have the facilities of home at fraction of price. Lol. Who knows....

Cheers Jay