movie search

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Are there any cites where you can type in movies you like and get movie recommendations that would match?

You could look at the actors and check in which other movies they played.

Not perfect, but a start. 

Posted (edited)

Search Google for top 100 action, crime, comedy, romance, sci fi, horror etc, whatever your bag is, doesn't get any easier than that. Or ask Google for similar movies to......

Edited by giddyup

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Search Google for top 100 action, crime, comedy, romance, sci fi, horror etc, whatever your bag is, doesn't get any easier than that. Or ask Google for similar movies to......

that won't work - I am looking for something that matches my choices - people who like the same choices also liked... etc etc... 

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

that won't work - I am looking for something that matches my choices - people who like the same choices also liked... etc etc... 

Well, that's your search criteria right there.

yes, trakt.tv will do that for you.

I have it sync'd to my media server, so if I download and watch something at home, it adds the tv / movie to my profile and suggests movies.

I also use a thing called mdblist.com which I think syncs with trakt, this sends instructions to my media server to download video, I have it set to download the top 10 on Netflix or amazon. You can set up mdblist and use it manually - or maybe just get an rss feed from it.