Two New Bridges Over The Ping

Dellboy218

For a while now the building of what appears to be a pair of steel bridges a few metres apart has been underway in the area of Pa Daet municipal offices. This, one presumes, would link the 2171 with the 1008. Would this be the beginning of a much larger project like the long rumoured back up to the over subscribed Hangdong Road or is it merely local convenience? Anyone in the know?

..am trying to get this sign translated for you..looks like two bridges with large excavated hole supported by interlocking steel formwork.

Some guy mentioned a water turbine, but will wait until further info available..perhaps another TV member can translate for us.

post-3017-0-26564800-1309673350_thumb.jp

post-3017-0-68951700-1309673365_thumb.jp

It's difficult to read the smaller print on the right. But it is an Irrigation Department project.

At the start of the project description it looks like "Pratu nam" which is water "gate"

So it could be some sort of turbine.

It's difficult to read the smaller print on the right. But it is an Irrigation Department project.

At the start of the project description it looks like "Pratu nam" which is water "gate"

So it could be some sort of turbine.

Pretty expensive one at 464+ million baht. ;)

..am trying to get this sign translated for you..looks like two bridges with large excavated hole supported by interlocking steel formwork.

Some guy mentioned a water turbine, but will wait until further info available..perhaps another TV member can translate for us.

Thanks for that. From what I have been told, from your photo, they maybe making a gate across the river. I would presume this to be more for flood or river depth control for the city rather than for turbine generators.

CMSally, you may be right on the turbine but it doesnt seem like a good investment! As for flood or river depth control, maybe that is why they have just rebuilt the road and added a foot in height!

Edited by Dellboy218

Thanks for that. From what I have been told, from your photo, they maybe making a gate across the river. I would presume this to be more for flood or river depth control for the city rather than for turbine generators.

CMSally, you may be right on the turbine but it doesnt seem like a good investment! As for flood or river depth control, maybe that is why they have just rebuilt the road and added a foot in height!

..more info..the partly constructed water gate, due for completion in November 2011 is to assist in controlling the volume of water at this point in the river if it rises to flood level.

The two briges are only temporary to allow heavy machinery to access to and from whilst the gate is being constructed then will probably be removed..so no permanent thoroughfare.

You can also visit the site office as I did and inquire further. Hope this helps.

..more info..the partly constructed water gate, due for completion in November 2011 is to assist in controlling the volume of water at this point in the river if it rises to flood level.

The two briges are only temporary to allow heavy machinery to access to and from whilst the gate is being constructed then will probably be removed..so no permanent thoroughfare.

You can also visit the site office as I did and inquire further. Hope this helps.

Thank you Rodcourt. Well, thats a shame if the bridges are coming down afterwards and there I was thinking that there might be some relief for the Hangdong road in the offing!