In Case Of Divorce.........

If I get married and then after few years get divorced from thai wife, will she be entitled to my house in europe, that I got from my parents? Does she have rights to come to europe court and claim half of the house even if i got the house before marriage. Same goes for condo. I am buying a condo in europe, and living here from rent.

Is she entitled to half of my condo?

Did this happen to any of you?

I guess I am marrying in 30 years ha ha ha

No, you split half of what is acquired during the marriage. What both of you had before the marriage is left out of a divorce settlement.

assets in TH yes

assets outside TH, depends on which euro country marriage is registered, but in all Scandinavian countries she is entitled to 50% of all assets outside TH unless a prenup is entered and made valid in that country

No, you split half of what is acquired during the marriage. What both of you had before the marriage is left out of a divorce settlement.

assets in TH yes

assets outside TH, depends on which euro country marriage is registered, but in all Scandinavian countries she is entitled to 50% of all assets outside TH unless a prenup is entered and made valid in that country

But...... thai law will not give the foreigner half the land the couple owned in thailand.

Will the european courts then still split the european assets 50/50??

assets in TH yes

But...... thai law will not give the foreigner half the land the couple owned in thailand.

Will the european courts then still split the european assets 50/50??

if property is purchased during marriage, and you have not signed its solely hers in land office, Thai court usually demands it sold within 6-12 months and split 50/50.

no change to european assets

BTW I am not married to a Thai, but have friends married or divorced ;)

so in austria you would have to give her all property you have there 50%

god dam_n, I am never getting married

this is really unfair

i dont even know if prenup exists in my country?

Not for a Thailand registered marriage and divorce, it's 50% of Thai assets acquired during the Thai marriage. European assets can only be divided by a court with jurisdiction in, for example, Austria..

so if you buy a condo in bkk before getting married you are safe? Is that 100 %

YES and to be doubly safe add a prenuptial agreement at the time you register your marriage in Thailand.

A Thai prenup could go even further and protect you against splitting the value of a condo you acquired from your own money after the marriage. At least - that's the theory. I'll let you know if it works if I ever get divorced :rolleyes:

so if you buy a condo in bkk before getting married you are safe? Is that 100 %

YES and to be doubly safe add a prenuptial agreement at the time you register your marriage in Thailand.

A Thai prenup could go even further and protect you against splitting the value of a condo you acquired from your own money after the marriage. At least - that's the theory. I'll let you know if it works if I ever get divorced :rolleyes:

that is one extremely thin theory :unsure:

and would be a hard fight in court

If you own a condo when you marry, I would not complicate it with a Thai registered prenup, as faults can enter prenup making you weaker

If you own a co ltd when you marry, make sure the one you marry has never been involved in co ltd :)