Are Theses Scuba Price'S High?

doingok

HI GUYS

GOING TO DO OUR PADI OPEN WATER ON KOH TAO THINKING OF DJL THOUGH WE MIGHT JUST HAVE A LOOK AROUND ONCE THERE, I EMAIL THEM ABOUT DEALS AND SO FORTH AND ASKED ABOUT PRICE'S GEAR AS I WOULD OF THOUGHT IT WOULD OF BEEN CHEAPER THERE AND GOT THIS BACK.

Hi Paul,

Here's an equipment price breakdown, as requested;

ScubaPro Profile 2.5mm shorty wetsuit ..... 3,656 THB

ScubaPro MK17 Regulator ..... 23,981 THB

ScubaPro 395 Octopus (Alternate Reg) ..... 6,069 THB

Basic Pressure Guage ..... 1996 THB

Inflator Hose ..... 1,120 THB

Hose Protector ..... 504 THB

The Mares Prestige BCD is no longer available to buy on Koh Tao.

Please let me know if you would like any further information.

Best Regards,

Ollie

Davy Jones Locker Diving

PADI 5-Star IDC ResortStore No. 36338

www.ScubaDiveThailand.co.uk

ScubaPro Profile 2.5mm shorty wetsuit ..... 3,656 THB =£73.12 appox

ScubaPro MK17 Regulator ..... 23,981 THB = £479.62

ScubaPro 395 Octopus (Alternate Reg) ..... 6,069 THB=£121.38

Basic Pressure Guage ..... 1996 THB =£39.92

Inflator Hose ..... 1,120 THB = £22.40

Hose Protector ..... 504 THB = £10.08

TOTAL

£746.52 WOW

package524image.jpegquickView.png

Prestige MRS &<br style="line-height: 17px; ">MK17 /r395 & R295 Octo<br style="line-height: 17px; ">with Subgear Twin Console<br style="line-height: 17px; ">Package <br style="line-height: 17px; ">moreInfo.jpgWas £827.95Now £499.00

I CAN GET ALL THIS HERE IN THE UK FOR A MUCH BETTER DEAL OR ARE THEY PRICE NOT REALISTIC?

Edited by doingok

The times that scuba equipment is cheaper in Thailand are over. If you can get it cheaper in the UK, go for it. Some of the online scuba stores have amazing deals. If DC's in Thailand could get you better deals, don't you think that they would offer them?

The actual cost of diving courses on Koh Tao is pretty low and about standard all over the island.

The prices quoted for equpment are about right, as other people have already said though, it can all be bought a lot cheaper in the Uk.

But if you are only just doing your Open Water and don't have any previous experience with diving you're mad to fork out on all the equipment straight way.

The only thing you might want to get is your own mask, so that it's the perfect fit for you.

You may start the course and find you don't like it, not everyone does! - plus while you are learning you get all your equipment included in the price of the course.

The actual cost of diving courses on Koh Tao is pretty low and about standard all over the island.

The prices quoted for equpment are about right, as other people have already said though, it can all be bought a lot cheaper in the Uk.

But if you are only just doing your Open Water and don't have any previous experience with diving you're mad to fork out on all the equipment straight way.

The only thing you might want to get is your own mask, so that it's the perfect fit for you.

You may start the course and find you don't like it, not everyone does! - plus while you are learning you get all your equipment included in the price of the course.

we have done a lot of snorkeling all over the Caribbean and Indonesia and Asia but also done some test dives to we have already got good a got mask and fins and snorkel but i would want to take it further with out a doubt and will be doing lots of diving once passed and prob go on to do my AOW so hygiene come's in to play. just got a bargain from ebay a set Oceanic fdx10 with delta 4 regulator plus a mares syncro power bcd all for £260 and only used twice, though still having new mouth pieces but in.So

Cheers all ways great advise,glad emirates have a 30kg baggage allowance biggrin.gif

Edited by doingok

OK, if you're after used equipment, than no shop in the world might be able to match those prices!

well after new really, but i didn't expect to get them for that and the fact that they had only but used twice and only a year old that's why i had a go and got lucky.new wet suit shorty and go from here might have a go for fins on the web as some good bargains and they do not need to be new as still pricey tho.