Best City To Leave In Isaan?

BKKDUDE

Hi,

I am deciding to visit one of the Isaan cities over next weekends?

I was thinking of korat (nakorn ratcha sima).

-I prefer bigger cities with more forigners ( i like BKK too:)

-City with better infurstracture and more educated people

-more entertainment vanues

-more beautiful girls

-more resturant chains, availability of foreign foods, well equipped gyms,..

-also natural beauty like green mountains, laks for fishing would be a plus

-also not to far from bangkok (3-5 hours ride maximum)

Any advice? thanks

Edited by BKKDUDE

Hi,

Any advice? thanks

Not many within that timescale gaffer.

Korat is ok but not really Isaan , IMO, the Gateway Shonuff.

Take a plane to KK or LA ( Roi Et ) or Surin and go see Lampshade.... :D

My Fave is Karasin and Chonabot..... :o

Surin is not big by any standards, 50/60,000, but apart from having the worst drivers in the Kingdom (some of the Thais as well), it is a tranquil, peaceful place, with life crawling along. It is the center for many places of interest in and around the Province.But also, it does have quite a vibrant night-life, if you know where to look. There are numerous fishing parks around,dozens of out of the way good restaurants,and, of course some of the most dazzeling beauties in the world. This coupled with the most fantastic Pub/restaurant in the whole universe ( it even beats Quarks Feranghi Connection on Deep Space Nine) makes it an ok weekend.

Most of the locals here are wonderful as well and live in perfect harmony with the 1,000 or so Farangs that litter the countryside. Surin is also growing at an alarming rate(we now have 62,000) and Makro,Tesco/Lotus & Big C have sprung up seemingly overnight.

Apart from our modest watering hole, there is Pizza Corner, for good Pizzas, run by a Swedish gentleman, Patrik, and Ludo's Time Out bar and Fishing Park, just off the 24 road between Prasad and Prakonchai.

Come along and give it a try.

Surin is not big by any standards, 50/60,000, but apart from having the worst drivers in the Kingdom (some of the Thais as well), it is a tranquil, peaceful place, with life crawling along. It is the center for many places of interest in and around the Province.But also, it does have quite a vibrant night-life, if you know where to look. There are numerous fishing parks around,dozens of out of the way good restaurants,and, of course some of the most dazzeling beauties in the world. This coupled with the most fantastic Pub/restaurant in the whole universe ( it even beats Quarks Feranghi Connection on Deep Space Nine)  makes it an ok weekend.

Most of the locals here are wonderful as well and live in perfect harmony with the 1,000 or so Farangs that litter the countryside. Surin is also growing at an alarming rate(we now have 62,000) and Makro,Tesco/Lotus & Big C have sprung up seemingly overnight.

Apart from our modest watering hole, there is Pizza Corner, for good Pizzas, run by a Swedish gentleman, Patrik, and Ludo's Time Out bar and Fishing Park, just off the 24 road between Prasad and Prakonchai.

Come along and give it a try.

I'll swap my Pontins ticket for it right Now.

:o

Best City To LEAVE In Isaan?

All of them...

If you had put a couple of SMILIES at the end of your post, I would have had a laugh and moved on. But as you did not, I can only assume that you mean it. Be prepared for some Feedback As there are many of us living the Esarn way and loving it :o Actually, I will start the ball rolling.....If you ever feel the need to change your member name, may I suggest....MyNameIsW_nker!!!! :D:D:D

Call me Daddy57.

My nameisFarang may shrug it off.

But I find last sentence insulting and obscene even though you try to hide behind false smiles and the cowardly anonymity a forum provides people such as yourself. BKKDUDE says he wants to visit an area where people are educated. If you tell him where you live it will assist in narrowing down his search.

You do have a right to express indignation and your first sentence conveyed that adequately.

However, if you read the title of this topic MynameisFarang’s response is exactly the reply the question begged. Did OP mean LIVE or LEAVE. Was MymaneisFarang serious or not? Both are enigmatic. Got it? Probably not – you need a sense of humour.

I was going to respond, albeit in a light hearted way to the OP (and Lampard10 positively invites riposte) but I fear further upsetting your delicate feelings.

Yawn.

Or more to the point: been there, done that, bought the somtam. I've lived in 3 provincial capitals and visited a dozen more and I find them all deadly dull.

You a Queenslander by any chance?? :D lots of very happy farangs living in Isaan, some of the farangs we know been there over 35 years :D whether in Ubon , Amnat, Yasothon or Muk all great places for different reasons, you should change your name to Patpong Cowboy :o if you have got the bottle come to the Crown reunion in Leong Nok Tha in December :D Nignoy(glad to be in Ubon before the Yanks!!)

Yawn.

Or more to the point: been there, done that, bought the somtam. I've lived in 3 provincial capitals and visited a dozen more and I find them all deadly dull.

MyNameIsFarang, I unreservedly apologize for using the word W_ANKER in my post. An explanation to my use of that term may be seen in my follow up post to seen all, learnt nothing. :o:D:D (genuine smilies)

Hi,

-I prefer bigger cities with more forigners ( i like BKK too:)

-City with better infurstracture and more educated people

-more entertainment vanues

-more beautiful girls

-more resturant chains, availability of foreign foods, well equipped gyms,..

-also natural beauty like green mountains, laks for fishing would be a plus

Any advice? thanks

Don't go to Udon it's horrible :o

Be sure and tell everyone you know :D

Call me Daddy57.

But I find last sentence insulting and obscene even though you try to hide behind false smiles and the cowardly anonymity a forum provides people such as yourself. BKKDUDE says he wants to visit an area where people are educated. If you tell him where you live it will assist in narrowing down his search.

You do have a right to express indignation and your first sentence conveyed that adequately.

However, if you read the title of this topic MynameisFarang’s response is exactly the reply the question begged. Did OP mean LIVE or LEAVE. Was MymaneisFarang serious or not? Both are enigmatic. Got it?  Probably not – you need a sense of humour.

I was going to respond, albeit in a light hearted way to the OP (and Lampard10 positively invites riposte) but I fear further upsetting your delicate feelings.

Seen all, learnt nothing, I was responding to mynameisfalangs post only. Mr Lampard and Co provided BKKDUDE with some answers/info. It is irrelevant if BKKDUDE meant LIVE or LEAVE. The original post was answered appropriately. mynameisfalang made his feelings about Issan and other areas quite clear in both of his posts. Which is fine by me. Suggesting he changes his name to mynameisw_nker may seem a little bit harsh to you, but insulting and obscene, I think not. mynameisfarangs answer was "yawn" (god i wish he used the smilies everynow and then) end of story. Now, where I come from, the term w_nker with a big smile is actually a term of endearment. It is used very often between friends to refute a statement or comment. EG: Peter "Gezz mate, I wouldnt mind moving to Bangkok to live. All those teaching jobs, and bars by the thousands" Paul " But you dont teach english and you dont drink" Peter "yeah mate I know, but it still would be good" Paul "your a w_nker mate" Got it? Probably not – you need a sense of humour. In answer to your quote "even though you try to hide behind false smiles and the cowardly anonymity a forum provides people such as yourself." My smilies are very genuine and the words "cowardly anonymity" do not even figure in my vocabulary. Just to prove that point, I am currently residing in Buriram. Jira Rd Soi 2, seventh house down on the left. Please drop in someday. Oh, and there is definately NO reason for you to change your members name. Very appropriate. I hope you notice the lack of smilies in this post :o

Nignoy,

Why are Isaanites so sensitive to criticism of their chosen place of internment. Methinks you protest too much. Sounds to me you are trying to convince yourselves that it is a great place to live.

Still if you come from Australia, the contrast it may well be exciting to colonials

And woweee....a party in December. So soon. Didn't you also have one last December? :o

All of them...

If you had put a couple of SMILIES at the end of your post, I would have had a laugh and moved on. But as you did not, I can only assume that you mean it. Be prepared for some Feedback As there are many of us living the Esarn way and loving it :D Actually, I will start the ball rolling.....If you ever feel the need to change your member name, may I suggest....MyNameIsW_nker!!!! :D:D:D

His mistake in spelling 'live' is far closer to the actual spelling than your way of spelling Isaan. :D I realise that most words are only reproduction sounds, but most residents spell it the way I have. And the Government spell it that way as well. Had you ever thought that the OP might not even be English. After all it is a hard language :D and not all the words are the same. :o Just look at what the Septics have done to our beautiful tongue. :D

Yawn.

You a Queenslander by any chance?? :D lots of very happy farangs living in Isaan, some of the farangs we know been there over 35 years :D whether in Ubon , Amnat, Yasothon or Muk all great places for different reasons, you should change your name to Patpong Cowboy :o if you have got the bottle come to the Crown reunion in Leong Nok Tha in December :D Nignoy(glad to be in Ubon before the Yanks!!)

Hi Nignoy, there are only 4 Queenslanders left in Queensland now I have moved to Issan :D The rest of the population there is made up of Victorians and New South Welshmen :D:D They have seen the light and moved to Gods own State :D

All of them...

If you had put a couple of SMILIES at the end of your post, I would have had a laugh and moved on. But as you did not, I can only assume that you mean it. Be prepared for some Feedback As there are many of us living the Esarn way and loving it :D Actually, I will start the ball rolling.....If you ever feel the need to change your member name, may I suggest....MyNameIsW_nker!!!! :D:D:D

His mistake in spelling 'live' is far closer to the actual spelling than your way of spelling Isaan. :D I realise that most words are only reproduction sounds, but most residents spell it the way I have. And the Government spell it that way as well. Had you ever thought that the OP might not even be English. After all it is a hard language :D and not all the words are the same. :o Just look at what the Septics have done to our beautiful tongue. :D

Hi Marten, Issan, Esarn or Isan? It really dosent matter. Its a great place to be :D Hows the book selection looking? I will be in next week for a meal and hope to swap a couple :D

Hi Marten, Issan, Esarn or Isan? It really dosent matter. Its a great place to be :o Hows the book selection looking? I will be in next week for a meal and hope to swap a couple :D

See you next week then. We're relly busy now most of the time. Web page is down at the mo till we get a new site sortede. The new address is www.farangconnection.com

Call me Daddy57.

However, if you read the title of this topic MynameisFarang’s response is exactly the reply the question begged. Did OP mean LIVE or LEAVE. Was MymaneisFarang serious or not? Both are enigmatic. Got it?  Probably not – you need a sense of humour.

Seen all, learnt nothing, I was responding to mynameisfalangs post only. Mr Lampard and Co provided BKKDUDE with some answers/info. It is irrelevant if BKKDUDE meant LIVE or LEAVE. The original post was answered appropriately. mynameisfalang made his feelings about Issan and other areas quite clear in both of his posts. Which is fine by me. Suggesting he changes his name to mynameisw_nker may seem a little bit harsh to you, but insulting and obscene, I think not. mynameisfarangs answer was "yawn" (god i wish he used the smilies everynow and then) end of story. Now, where I come from, the term w_nker with a big smile is actually a term of endearment. It is used very often between friends to refute a statement or comment. EG: Peter "Gezz mate, I wouldnt mind moving to Bangkok to live. All those teaching jobs, and bars by the thousands" Paul " But you dont teach english and you dont drink" Peter "yeah mate I know, but it still would be good" Paul "your a w_nker mate" Got it? Probably not – you need a sense of humour. In answer to your quote "even though you try to hide behind false smiles and the cowardly anonymity a forum provides people such as yourself." My smilies are very genuine and the words "cowardly anonymity" do not even figure in my vocabulary. Just to prove that point, I am currently residing in Buriram. Jira Rd Soi 2, seventh house down on the left. Please drop in someday. Oh, and there is definately NO reason for you to change your members name. Very appropriate. I hope you notice the lack of smilies in this post :o

Hey did I misss something here are we scheduling a boxing match and a beer bust Whopeee!!!!!!!! :D

So it is true! Issan is full of woolybacks and sheep shaggers then? :o

Simbo, I think you might be refering to our neighbours across the pond. New Zealand. :D And I for one refute the much mis-aligned view that many people have of them. I am sure that the figures, often mentioned, about New Zealanders being intimate with their pastural animals, is grossly overstated. I sincerly doubt if any more than 50% of the population have engaged in this poular past time :D:D:D

His mistake in spelling 'live' is far closer......... Had you ever thought that the OP might not even be English. After all it is a hard language :D  and not all the words are the same.  :o Just look at what the Septics have done to our beautiful tongue. :D

"just look at what the Septics have done to our beautiful tongue".

Hey Lampshade...looks like we improved on it to me. :D

post-171-1129747187_thumb.jpg

Nignoy,

Why are Isaanites so sensitive to criticism of their chosen place of internment. Methinks you protest too much. Sounds to me you are trying to convince yourselves that it is a great place to live.

Still if you come from Australia, the contrast it may well be exciting to colonials

And woweee....a party in December. So soon. Didn't you also have one last December? :D

First of all I am english,but I am residing in Australia at the moment, but I do have property in Isaan since 1964, and no my wife is not thai she is english, our home is in Prachuap, and we are currently having a house built in Chiangmai, so I dont think we qualify as Isaan Internees :D By the way our reunion in December, is the first one the British Government has allowed. it is to commemorate the deaths of british soldiers killed on active service in isaan between 1962 and 1966 Lest we forget Nignoy :o

Simbo,

Isaan is full of something......thats for sure.

And before anyone is roused to anger and protestation, my future mother in law comes from Buriram so I'm allowed my opinion....

Sorry Ray23, no boxing match. I wouldn't want to give said mother in law the satisfaction of see my bruised and battered face. :D

I guess no beer bust either darn :o

Yawn.

You've got a real problem with Queenslanders Nignoy!!....I'm one and also love Surin with a passion....My wife and sons are back living there. Everything you want, you can get in Surin. But, I also noticed you swiped at the Qld. Police Service in another link...How could you compare corruption in other countries with Australian states. I know you will harp back to the Fitzgerrald inquiry....but corruption is not tolerated and will never be covered up!