A Question For The Motorbike Fans

Jahil

Hi everybody.?

One of my friend wants to make a tour of North Thailand with a motorbike. This guy drive a big BMW in Belgium.

Do you have any idea about a serious rental company?

The easiest way would be that you give me website links...

Thanks for your help.

HI Jahil,

I tried this once in Chiang Rai without success when some friends came over from Europe.

I eventually found a guy in Chiang Mai but the bikes were only 400cc "chopper" style bikes and in pretty poor condition at that. You may wish to try Red Baron in Bangkok although that will only work if you plan to start the trip from there. I have done the ride from Bangkok to Chiang Rai and Mai many times and it is not as daunting as you may think. It used to take me around 9 hours of fairly hard driving though and during the rains it is not a great idea.

Cheers

AjarnP

Yeah. I suspect you need to try the bike forum with this question. The largest I have seen here in CR were a couple of old Honda Steeds and they didn't look so great. I haven't seen those two for rent at the old location for a couple of years now. Unless there is something in CM that I don't know about, I suspect BKK is your best chance.

Here's the bike forum:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/117-bikes-in-thailand/

Yeah. I suspect you need to try the bike forum with this question. The largest I have seen here in CR were a couple of old Honda Steeds and they didn't look so great. I haven't seen those two for rent at the old location for a couple of years now. Unless there is something in CM that I don't know about, I suspect BKK is your best chance.

Here's the bike forum:

http://www.thaivisa....es-in-thailand/

Hi try this one:

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/links/index.php?category=Motorcycles_for_Rent

Hi Jahil,

Are you sure your friend wants to ride a big bike like a big BMW on his holiday here in northern Thailand?

If so he has to stay on the big highways and cannot go on the most beautiful roads up in the mountains where sometimes there are a tricky dirtroad.

He will have much better fun with an offroad bike like a 250cc.

Here is a link to rent a 250cc at ST-motorcycles in Chiang Rai.

ST-motorcycle Chiang Rai

Hi Jahil,

Are you sure your friend wants to ride a big bike like a big BMW on his holiday here in northern Thailand?

If so he has to stay on the big highways and cannot go on the most beautiful roads up in the mountains where sometimes there are a tricky dirtroad.

He will have much better fun with an offroad bike like a 250cc.

Here is a link to rent a 250cc at ST-motorcycles in Chiang Rai.

ST-motorcycle Chiang Rai

endurothailand.com , they can possibly help or take you on a tour.

There are quite a few bikes that would be suitable at ST Motorcycle but they'll have much more choice if renting in Chiang Mai. They also have the 250cc offroad bikes but also some of the newer bikes such as the 250cc (KLX & D-Tracker) and 650cc Kawasaki range (ER6N, Ninja 650 & Versys).

Might be worth posting here as well http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/forums/59-Northern-Thailand-General-Discussion-Forum

There are lots of Motorcycle and bike rentals in Chiang Rai. Especially in the area around the Night Bizzare, New Clock Tower and on the north end of Jed Yhod Road.

Also should check with GT Rider......... as mentioned in other referanced links.

GT is the most knowledgable Persons and Motorcycle information group in North Thailand including Chiang Rai.

They and many of the local Chiang Rai shops that do rent bigger bikes and have tours throughout the Golden Triangle and Laos can help refer to the appropriate bike for Touring and exploring in the Chiang Rai area.

Edited for spelling

Edited by KimoMax