Samsung Moment Sprint

MrRed

Just been given this phone by a good friend but as i am not a techy would like some basic pointers as to its compatability to work in Thailand,i will get down to the Samsung shop this week for a demo but just asking advice from anyone who has one or knows the workings,internet and Tv it says but does this work in Thailand?

It was from America and has all US apps on already

Any words of knowledge that are helpful would be great! :blink:

Not sure about how usable it would be in Thailand. It's only compatible with CDMA EV-DO Rev. A 850Mhz/1900Mhz networks.

If it does work, it would only work in Thailand with the carriers CAT or Hutch.

You would have to check with CAT or Hutch. They are the only carriers that have CDMA EV-DO 850Mhz networks. I also suspect there would be a limited area of coverage.

Most of the carriers in Thailand (AIS, DTAC, TOT, and True) are GSM/GPRS/Edge networks.

It was manufactured for the carrier Sprint, in the USA. I am not sure if it would be locked for Sprint. The carriers in Thailand do not use locking.

Edited by BB1950

Thanks for the reply wink.gif

It is actually useless at the moment as you did in a way point out,you have to sign up with sprint to get the connection and make the calls which here is not possible at the moment i think.

I went into the Central Samsung store and they did not know what it was,only saying next year when 3G is more available.

In the draw it is now collecting dust until developments in the 3g range will enable me to make use of it more than take a photo,shame really as it is a fantastic bit of kit.

Thanks for the reply wink.gif

It is actually useless at the moment as you did in a way point out,you have to sign up with sprint to get the connection and make the calls which here is not possible at the moment i think.

I went into the Central Samsung store and they did not know what it was,only saying next year when 3G is more available.

In the draw it is now collecting dust until developments in the 3g range will enable me to make use of it more than take a photo,shame really as it is a fantastic bit of kit.

It won't work with 3G. As I said before, It's only compatible with CDMA EV-DO Rev. A 850Mhz/1900Mhz networks. Check with CAT or Hutch.