Hotel Poseidon

JohnC

"And if the ingredients in Poisedden weren't worst, I would hate to taste what "worst" is to you."

BJB, you're waaaaaay off here. Before, Poseidon's buffet (which did include bacon) priced at 165 baht, was definitely the best quality breakfast buffet spread available in the greater Pattaya area (GPA) under 200 baht; also best tasting & best selection, too- hands down. We are all, absolutely entitiled to our opinions and preferences but, in this case, you are definitely a member (leader?) of the local (and vocal) minority.

B)

What do you mean by "best selection"? Most variety in breakfst food choice? If so, then that is clearly false as the Apex had far more on offer - both Western and Thai - than Posieden. Or do you mean "best taste", in which case you are being redundant. Your post reads as an advertisement for Posiedden though I am sure you have no connection to the owner B)

It just looks as if you have an axe to grind. No one is swallowing your 'story'.

The bacon is but one ingredient and I had no problem with their streaky bacon. In case you didn't know, that is traditional for breakfast. I popped outside and selected the rashers that I wanted, ordered freshly scrambled eggs and grilled tomatoes. Heated up a croissant on the toaster and toasted some brown bread. Moved on to some fruit to clean the palate and then helped myself to some sliced meats and cheese. Finished up with a couple of desserts.

The quality of the food far outshines the crap at the APEX and any other similarly priced breakfast buffets.

In fact I simply won't eat at LEK or APEX. I enjoy eating, not just filling myself up with crap.

The brunch at Casa Pascal and formerly at Poseidon is excellent value for money. Of that there is no doubt. The service is impeccable. It is absolutely ridiculous that for the measly price of £3.30 or US$5.50 that you are kicking up a fuss about Canadian bacon.

I'm not Canadian, so why would I want Canadian bacon?? Maybe Danish, maybe Irish, but Canadian?? On which planet do you reside?

I'm happy to get decent Western food at such a low price. The quality of the western food at comparably priced buffets is abysmal. You are just a joker.

Who is kicking up a fuss? Seems you and your cronies are. I stand by my opinion that there was NO good buffet for the prices you mention in Jomtien in the past 2 years. . Please note that I am not giving any opinion on Casa Pascal as I have not tried it. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. However, the way you are throwing a hissy-fit makes me really wonder about you

That shows that you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about. The buffet is run by exactly the same people and the menu is remarkably similar, wouldn't you say?

Menu here with comments from people who have actually eaten there. I don't believe that you have.

The restaurant at the Poseidon is no longer operated by Casa Pascal but by a very friendly Dutch man. The restaurant is newly opened and new items are expected to be added to the menu. Last week meat was not included in the breakfast menu. Orange juice was extra. Coffee was unlimited but was cold. Omelets were overcooked so you should specify how you want it cooked. Service is very good. We had to ask them to turn down the disco music which they did. Oscar's was named after Oscar Wilde.

The restaurant at the Poseidon is no longer operated by Casa Pascal but by a very friendly Dutch man. The restaurant is newly opened and new items are expected to be added to the menu. Last week meat was not included in the breakfast menu. Orange juice was extra. Coffee was unlimited but was cold. Omelets were overcooked so you should specify how you want it cooked. Service is very good. We had to ask them to turn down the disco music which they did. Oscar's was named after Oscar Wilde.

Thanks for the update. I did read something to that effect, but I wasn't sure.