Useful Web Site

I feel the site listed below is very informative and will assist many TV members in their quest for answers to commonly asked questions. I’ve included the table of contents from the site of Business International Associates Limited to give an idea of the information available.

http://bia.serverbox.net/003.html

THAILAND BUSINESS AND LEGAL GUIDE

Table of Contents

CONTACT DETAILS

DEDICATION

INTRODUCTION

1. FOREIGN BUSINESS RESTRICTIONS

2. THE UNITED STATES – THAILAND TREATY OF AMITY

3. BUSINESS PROMOTION INCENTIVES

4. BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS

5. DUTIES OF DIRECTORS AND RIGHTS OF SHAREHOLDERS

6. JOINT VENTURES

7. LAND BUILDINGS AND CONDOMINIUMS

8. FACTORIES

9. LABOR

10. MINING

11. PETROLEUM INDUSTRY

12. PERSONAL TAXES

13. VALUE ADDED TAX & SPECIFIC BUSINESS TAX

14. CORPORATE INCOME TAX

15. OTHER TAXES

16. DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES

17. CUSTOMS

18. EXCHANGE CONTROLS

19. WORK PERMITS

20. IMMIGRATION

21. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY

22. TRADE REGULATION AND MONOPOLIES

23. TELECOMMUNICATIONS, IT AND E-COMMERCE

24. CONSUMER PROTECTION

25. BANKRUPTCY, LIQUIDATION AND CORPORATE RESTRUCTURING

26. CIVIL LITIGATION

27. ARBITRATION

28. UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION LAW

Edited by Maestro
Updated link, as provided by OP.
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi. Hope this is OK to post here as it's on the topic of useful business info in Thailand, and its more up-to-date ... the following book is being released this week and should prove quite valuable to those considering a Thai investment. The book will not be available outside Asia until about March 2010, but can be ordered directly from the publisher.

http://www.silkwormbooks.com/catalog/info/...guide-thailand/

Edited by chiangmaibruce

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
<br />RE Amity<br /><br />I've contacted  several business advice type services, Sunbelt included  and not a one has mentioned the fact a  Amity Treaty company has to be incorporated in the US first as stated in  the link .<br /><br />Any response?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

From my very limited research, I came away with the understanding that in the current environment, forming an Amity company would be quite involved and expensive, and therefore only suitable for a large real business operation, not personal convenience (unless for a wealthy individual).

Law firms specializing in the needs of individual expats will perhaps be able to set one up, but IMO may put you on a shaky foundation. I would suggest that it would require the services of a law firm with international expertise and a proven track record with large multinational corporate clients.

Such firms of course charge rates not far different from what you would pay back home (retainer up front, hundreds of USD per "hour" worked, etc.)

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<snip>the following book is being released this week and should prove quite valuable to those considering a Thai investment. The book will not be available outside Asia until about March 2010, but can be ordered directly from the publisher.<snip>

Just a quick update on my earlier post. "Your Investment Guide to Thailand" has since had a further hard-copy edition and many further e=book editions. If you visit the web site (or the page in amazon.com) you can view the Table of Contents to get a better understanding of the broad range of topics addressed

• 9 months later...