Yingluck: Cabinet Selection To Be Done In Bangkok, Not Abroad

webfact

Yingluck: 'No meeting with Thaksin'

By The Nation

30159881-01.jpg

PM-to-be Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday dismissed speculation that she would fly to Hong Kong or Dubai this weekend to discuss the formation of her Cabinet with Thaksin.

"I will be in Bangkok this Sunday and have no plans to meet my brother," she said.

However, a Pheu Thai source saidThaksin would be in Hong Kong next Monday and Tuesday to meet with Pheu Thai MPs and discuss appointments to his sister's Cabinet. Rumours have also been circulating that powerbroker Pongsak Ruktapongpisal would meet Thaksin in Brunei on Sunday to finalise the Cabinet line-up.

Yingluck said she would appoint her Cabinet after drafting the policy statement for her government. She said she was willing to factor in demands from inside and outside Pheu Thai but the party executive board would have the final say. She also confirmed that she would rule in a six-party coalition, adding that she was not aware of Bhum Jai Thai Party's Matchima faction trying to join the bandwagon.

Matchima faction leader Somsak Thepsuthin yesterday urged Bhum Jai Thai to back Yingluck as premier in a gesture of reconciliation. "The people have spoken clearly and there is no point in stubbornness," he said.

Commenting on the allocation of Cabinet seats, he said Pheu Thai had not invited him to join the coalition. He said that in his view, the Cabinet should not be formed before knowing the which winning candidates are disqualified.

The Friends of Newin faction, which forms the core of the Bhum Jai Thai Party, speculated that Somsak was trying to pave the way to join the coalition at a later date.

The chances of the Matchima faction teaming up with Pheu Thai appear remote because of the fierce fight for Cabinet seats. But the faction might hope to join the coalition in the next six months if the Cabinet is reshuffled.

Meanwhile, the Democrat Party urged supporters to send it suggestions and policies via e-mail to Future [at] Democrat.or.th.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-09

So it's not "Thaksin thinks, PT does" anymore? Feeling totally embarrassed for the Thais... How could they have messed up so badly as to vote these people in, after all they've said and done?

That is what many people are saying and why we are shaking our heads. They pulled it off because they focused on the bulk of the rice farmers who to be quite honest have little ethics and will take what they can get. It is a joke at best what is going on here. The pimple hasn't popped yet but festering close to bursting. Yingluck is a not a straight shooter. Her ideas are but her brothers. Where there is smoke there is fire (usually)

It is common knowlege that the lady was chosen by her brother for the job so why should there be any doubt that he will chose all those around her?

I see on Tele last night that she is saying that it may not be possible to keep all the election promises.

As they were elected (presumably) on these promises then someone is going to be unhappy.

So which ones will she,PT, keep?

Probably any that financialy benefit her family and brother in particular, like him supplying the 'tablets' to the kids by a company set up for the job.

More sour grapes from the people that cannot accept the election result.

The people have spoken and the people will act through their elected MPs. Now 300 strong, the PTP has a mandate to act as a government. I hope that it uses every peaceful, legal option that it can to crush all those that would seek to bait the people, foment civil unrest and sabotage the stability and prosperity of Thailand.

PTP won 300 seats, I must have missed that, I thought that the E.C. had announced that they provisionally got 265, or 53% of the seats and with 44% of the vote ?

And if they are allowed to use "every peaceful, legal option that it can to crush all those" who think differently, doesn't the same go for the Dems complaining peacefully & legally to the E.C. about Thaksin's control of the party, after all - no double-standards, eh ? B)

The people have spoken and the people will act through their elected MPs. Now 300 strong, the PTP has a mandate to act as a government. I hope that it uses every peaceful, legal option that it can to crush all those that would seek to bait the people, foment civil unrest and sabotage the stability and prosperity of Thailand.

PT I'm sure will use peaceful means at first like absolving Thaksin so that he can stop funding civil unrest. Stability will come with dictatorship. As for prosperity, it will also come but for the chosen few, at the cost of the very people who voted PT. Thaksin's grip on Thailand will be firmer than before, as we all know he thinks that 'winning' an election gives him the right to do whatever he wants until the next one. So YES, your comment is correct, I'm having trouble accepting this election result.

With todays communications being what they are you can turn on your computer and speak to a person-say your brother for example-as if they were in the same room with you.No need to get the private jet out or even leaving the comfort of your own surroundings.

yes and the world can watch it on youtube later. A little more privacy to do it in person.

Cisco Systems makes a video conferencing system that does the same thing but is secure. So no need to leave Dubai as he can govern from anywhere. Just curious as to the 5 years staying out of politics thing. Quite obvious that he has broken this so should not his party be penalized?

A mandate to govern,

not a mandate to let a convicted banned politician run their government from abroad.

I would imagine that most members here have wives, sisters, daughters, girl friends. As such I would think you know that women are not predictable, just when you think you have them eating out of your hand, they suddenly bite your thumb off.

Everyone is assuming that Thaksin will control Yingluck, he is also assuming that, he might be due for a shock, after all they both come from the same background. Yingluck has reached the top of the heap, why should she jeopardise that just to please her brother? Particularly if she suspects they would both lose in the process.

I think too many people are jumping to conclusions, I think we need to wait and see.

I think a Thai Chinese clan running such an empire of wealth doesn't exactly follow the same internal rules than the average moobaan family.

He calls the shot.

A mandate to govern,

not a mandate to let a convicted banned politician run their government from abroad.

I think it was ironic.

am i going crazy?!:blink: Bangkok is a capital of Thailand, so where else should the selection take place? it is pretty simple.

But having to clarify it in public, really makes one think and believe that she is NOT the one running the show.

I refer the honorable member to the private Island with an extinct volcano on it with a sliding metal roof; I suspect any redshirts doubting this may find a trapdoor open beneath their feet as they slide down a shoot into a bath of shark infested Tom Yum. :blink: