Tutoring

Amarylillis

think she charges a bit more than the standard, but says she has the credentials to make it worth it.....

A bit more than the standard Steve? Crikey, at 250 Baht/hr one can't help but think what could possibly be taught for any less! If she knows how to teach, then she'll be worth her weight in gold at that price ;)

Seems like the rainy season is doing something to make a lot of expats in CM want to learn Thai. There's never been so much discussion about is as there has been of late. This can only be a good thing of course :)

Aitch

I don't create the standards, just point them out. Seems to be about 150-200B/hour for private lesson in CM. I've never taken private lessons so I can't say what is "worth it"

OP: group classes are cheaper and gives you a chance to meet people in similar situations as yourself. May be worth a look.

think she charges a bit more than the standard, but says she has the credentials to make it worth it.....

A bit more than the standard Steve? Crikey, at 250 Baht/hr one can't help but think what could possibly be taught for any less! If she knows how to teach, then she'll be worth her weight in gold at that price ;)

Seems like the rainy season is doing something to make a lot of expats in CM want to learn Thai. There's never been so much discussion about is as there has been of late. This can only be a good thing of course :)

Aitch

There is a lady teacher that posts new ads on the classifieds section every week. think she charges a bit more than the standard, but says she has the credentials to make it worth it.....

Lah

I have heard excellent things about Khun Lah's style of tutoring.

I take private lessons from a Farang man who not only speaks fluent Thai, but reads and writes it as well. Charges 250 baht an hour. Will teach you conversational street words a nice thai lady won't! :D Send me a PM for his name and phone number if interested.

Will teach you conversational street words a nice thai lady won't!

I did attend a lot of lessons from Lah and she taught me some pretty thai street/bar words aswell :rolleyes:

Her methods of teaching are a bit straight forward sometimes and there should be a good "click".

Enjoy!

Robert