Dear Khun Thaksin, Save Your Sister

webfact

BURNING ISSUE

Dear Khun Thaksin, save your sister

By Somroutai Sapsomboon

The Nation

Media reports of your active political role after the general election have worried me so much that I had to write this letter to you.

I believe that I share this feeling with many other Thais, whether they voted for the Pheu Thai Party or not. I accept the election result and am excited for Thailand to welcome its first woman prime minister.

Prime minister-to-be Yingluck Shinawatra is your younger sister and she just entered politics a few weeks before the election, but I hope she can be appointed the country's prime minister on her own merit.

It is undeniable that the overwhelming victory that Yingluck and her Pheu Thai Party scored was because of you, Khun Thaksin.

But although you are credited with bringing her up to this point, I think it's time for you to allow her to show her ability to the Thai public.

You don't need to leave her alone but you should just look after her from a distance and provide her support when necessary.

This is really different from what you're doing now - speaking and doing things as if you were the prime minister-elect without caring about any possible consequence.

As a new Thai government is taking shape, it appears you are dictating what the Yingluck administration should do, including details about its policies and the composition of its Cabinet.

This does not mean I'm encouraging you to do all these things secretly behind the scenes. No. In fact, I would like you to keep your hands off my next prime minister, although I'm aware that this could be just wishful thinking.

Today Khun Yingluck is not just your kid sister, she is going to become the country's prime minister. You should respect that. If not for Thailand's sake, it should be for her own sake.

I want the international community to accept Khun Yingluck as a credible and capable prime minister. I don't want her to be viewed as just a puppet or a political clown, with someone pulling the strings behind her back.

I believe you must agree with this, too.

Some people may view what you're doing as something against the law. You're now being deprived of your election rights and it's against the law for banned politicians like you to influence any political party's affairs.

Your political enemies will likely use this argument to take legal steps to dissolve the Pheu Thai Party.

However, what's more worrying for me is that what you're doing is going to undermine the credibility of my next prime minister and your own sister.

Some colleagues try to allay my concern by saying that you're likely going to change your role after Khun Yingluck officially becomes prime minister.

I can only hope they're right.

Yet, my brain tells me you still think this is all about you and I still have to worry about your role vis-à-vis Thai politics. This is why I decided to write this open letter to you.

Please save the prime minister of Thailand and your own sister.

People tell me you love her dearly, so please sacrifice your personal interests to prove it.

With sincere regards,

Somroutai Sapsomboon

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-13

Thaksin reads thai visa?!:blink:

Thai Visa just reposts news articles. This one was from the Nation.

If you had said "Thaksin reads the Nation?! :blink:", I would have agreed with your surprise.

Edited by soundman

PLEASE can we stop with the constant anti-Thaksin stories from the super-biased so-called newspaper The Nation?!!?

Is is so very, very predictable. It is also insulting to anyone's intelligence to repeat these incessant diatribes.

PLEASE can we stop with the constant anti-Thaksin stories from the super-biased so-called newspaper The Nation?!!?

Is is so very, very predictable. It is also insulting to anyone's intelligence to repeat these incessant diatribes.

Simple solution.

Don't read it!

Obviously not, as we all post in English, but I suspect his hamster has minions who do read it & analyse & report-back, to see how well their perception-management is working. B)

This isn't anti-Thaksin, it's a pro-Yingluck story, being supportive of our new "amazingly fresh and hot" PM-elect ! :jap:

Simple solution.

Don't read it!

Is that really the right way to deal with unethical behavior? Ya, I know, using "ethical" in connection with anything Thai is a non sequitur, but come on, enough is enough already.

Since mentioning/quoting/linking to the other newspaper is now forbidden on TV, then really there is no choice but to comment on The Nation, sad as that may be.

Oz

There other English language news sources besides the Nation and the Bangkok Post (and it's the Bangkok Post's rules that don't allow TV to link to it).

Unfortunately though, the Nation is the main source. But that doesn't mean you (everyone) can't go out there and find other sources to bring a bit more quality and knowlegde into the discussion.

If he keeps on as he has started, he will inevitably cause her downfall.

The question is can he stifle his arrogance enough to let her continue,

or will he compromise her as PM so badly that it causes serious

intractable problems she is ill equipped to handle?

Or considering the current EC daly,

has he already done so during the campaign enough to invalidate her candidacy.?

It's not a question of who wears the kowtow pants in the family,

but who wears the pants when controlling Thailand?

The elected person, or someone not elected nor even in the country?

Which one has any legally and moral right to make the final decisions?

Why should The Nation ever stop making anti-Thaksin reports?

His minions in the past tried to close it down, and went so far as to invade and essentially kidnap the staff to try and silence them ( Caravan of the Poor). So why should they show any tolerance for this man? Why should the not point out any all discrepancies, inconsistencies and moral lapses in his game for all to see. They have every right to have an editorial position and espouse it on any day they go to press.

In addition they regularly took Abhisit to task for many things he did and didn't do, why should Thaksin suddenly get a free pass, because you personally don't like their editorial slant?

I would be disappointed if they stopped taking 'power' to task for it's indiscretions.

Edited by animatic

I think the letter was well writen and made a lot of sense

Step back and give her a chance for all Thais sake

Not sure if Taksin reads TV but probably gets, feedback on its content, if he does maybe some should be packing bags

Not sure if Taksin reads TV but probably gets, feedback on its content, if he does maybe some should be packing bags

No doubt he gets a daily synopsis of the Thai newspapers and any articles related to his interests at least once or twice a day.

Edited by animatic

No doubt he gets a daily synopsis of the Thai newspapers and any articles related to his interests at least once or twice a day.

Somehow I doubt that extends to a synopsis on the comments of TV posters.

Somehow I doubt that extends to a synopsis on the comments of TV posters.

Hope your right

How can I get a job as a paid minion of Thaksin's propaganda machine?

Please can we stop ANY Thaksin stories coming on the Forum threads. His propaganda IS illegal and bad taste for any elected body. Who has the say to transfer these stories to forum???, whoever does whether they are in his favour or not are fueling the fire, and helping to constantly boost his sick ego.

His minions in the past tried to close it down, and went so far as to invade and essentially kidnap the staff to try and silence them ( Caravan of the Poor). So why should they show any tolerance for this man? Why should the not point out any all discrepancies, inconsistencies and moral lapses in his game for all to see. They have every right to have an editorial position and espouse it on any day they go to press.

In addition they regularly took Abhisit to task for many things he did and didn't do, why should Thaksin suddenly get a free pass, because you personally don't like their editorial slant?

I would be disappointed if they stopped taking 'power' to task for it's indiscretions.

But he can't stop himself, never could, it's the nature of the beast. Yingluck's only hope is if she is another megalomaniac, in which case let the games begin. :fight:

How can I get a job as a paid minion of Thaksin's propaganda machine?

Send resume to

Amsterdam & Peroff LLP

The Homer Building

601 Thirteenth St., N.W.

Eleventh Floor South

Washington, DC 20005

Edited by animatic

Please can we stop ANY Thaksin stories coming on the Forum threads. His propaganda IS illegal and bad taste for any elected body. Who has the say to transfer these stories to forum???, whoever does whether they are in his favour or not are fueling the fire, and helping to constantly boost his sick ego.

Clearly we need a Lese-Thaksin law to deal with this so as to ensure that only banal subjects get to be discussed on here.

probably not, but he has many paid for posting red propaganda minions on here that do...............

everywhere.... agreed his PR machine is close to perfect, in fact way too perfect, nay way over the limit, but then that's him!

The letter is a hoot.

No doubt that the establishment would be happy to live with a Yingluck Government without Thaksin coming back.

But that is not what he paid for nor what he is determined to achieve.

That is why the bogus reconciliation or better still 're-investigation' (dismissal) of his convictions is top of Thaksin's agenda. Everything else is subordinate.

What he will be worrying about is the noise surrounding the PTP's lack of a credible economic policy drowning out the me, me, me agenda.

The so-called open letter in The Nation starts, as so many rubbish articles in both the dailies leading up to the election with a premise that Thaksin on the back of 'reconciliation' just might compromise in the correct spirit to do the right thing. Pure fantasy.

Edited by yoshiwara

... banned from politics - full stop!

...a fugitve... power obsessed and I am afraid full to the rim with rancor!

I agree with all you both say apart from what I posted-and that was ANY mention of Thaksins name whether ==anti=or =pro= is bad, as I say he wants bad publicity as do newspapers for their sales and HIS ego, he thrives on it. Is Thai forum compelled to have his news pushed onto it by THE NATION newspaper???? Who needs it ????

I agree with all you both say apart from what I posted-and that was ANY mention of Thaksins name whether ==anti=or =pro= is bad, as I say he wants bad publicity as do newspapers for their sales and HIS ego, he thrives on it. Is Thai forum compelled to have his news pushed onto it by THE NATION newspaper???? Who needs it ????

Maybe I am not that well informed on the set up regarding The Nation and Thai Forum, or the the selecting bodies that transfers news Items over. My post was meant well with good foundation regarding the over the top Thaksin related articles. I would have thought an admin or experienced poster could maybe shed some light on the matter.

answers anyone ?? or is my post not worth bothering with ? Mai pen rai.

Let's have reality check on the matter. Thaksin willl happily sacrifice his sister in his quest for absolute power. There is of course no fear of a violent sacrifice (I hope anyway) ),the sacrifice will be political at family level, with no doubt a substantial payoff of some sort..

However in his (Thaksin) quest for power the lower orders will of course be expendable as we have already seen from the events of the last year.The clouds are starting to roll in and the opening gambits have been made in the guise of Thaksins comments which blatantly shows that he alone controls the P.T.P openly and his comments are barbs that serve to stir up trouble.His minions grovel at his feet and his wallet

Thaksins posturing and rhetoric. Look at me listen to me, what I say goes. The pushing of buttons to activate Thaksins policies and grandiose Napoleonic plans are indeed plain for all to see.

Save his sister gracious no.

Thaksin could indeed walk under asnake without touching its belly !!.

Edited by siampolee

Let's have reality check on the matter. Thaksin willl happily sacrifice his sister in his quest for absolute power. There is of course no fear of a violent sacrifice (I hope anyway) ),the sacrifice will be political at family level, with no doubt a substantial payoff of some sort..

However in his (Thaksin) quest for power the lower orders will of course be expendable as we have already seen from the events of the last year.The clouds are starting to roll in and the opening gambits have been made in the guise of Thaksins comments which blatantly shows that he alone controls the P.T.P openly and his comments are barbs that serve to stir up trouble.His minions grovel at his feet and his wallet

Thaksins posturing and rhetoric. Look at me listen to me, what I say goes. The pushing of buttons to activate Thaksins policies and grandiose Napoleonic plans are indeed plain for all to see.

Spot on. Good post.

Spot on. Good post.

Agreed.

Obsessive is the nicest thing I can say.