Proposed New Application For Us Passport

Simon Black has provided a proposed new US passport application with questions that I think many people would find difficult to answer. For example the name of your mothers Doctor and Date of appointments .Maybe it is just me but I was very young at the time of my birth and do not recall the Dr. name or when my mother had appointments with him.

http://www.sovereignman.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/ds5513-proposed.pdf

Generally, most Americans do not get a passport in their entire lives.

The info needed on the proposed form resembles the information I needed to provide for a higher security clearance in the military. I had to provide information going back over 30 years. Almost impossible to remember and I seriously doubt if my mother remembers her doctor's name unless it is on my birth certificate. Appointments, forget it. Even today, I have had banks asking for information on my credit reports of addresses in the last twenty years. Given that I am over sixty, I can't even think of where I was at to fill out the form.

Probably somebody has jerked our chain to see if we will bite.

Is this a joke? If it is, it isn't funny.

I agree not funny at all and no joke check the federal registry asking for comments. I can't believe that the state department would even consider such outrageous questions. I'm 77 and have no idea of the answers and my parents passed on long ago. My birth certificate has no information other than my parents name and the date of birth. At that time it was common to be born at home with a midwife in attendance.

Check the federal registry asking for comments

http://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2011/02/24/2011-4154/60-day-notice-of-proposed-information-collection-ds-5513-biographical-questionnaire-for-us-passport

Is this a joke? If it is, it isn't funny.

I agree not funny at all and no joke check the federal registry asking for comments. I can't believe that the state department would even consider such outrageous questions. I'm 77 and have no idea of the answers and my parents passed on long ago. My birth certificate has no information other than my parents name and the date of birth. At that time it was common to be born at home with a midwife in attendance.

Check the federal registry asking for comments

http://www.federalre...for-us-passport

There's lots of Googles for: federal register new passport application

Note that the 60 days for comments has long passed, reckon State is really reworking the draft application, if it flies at all.

Mac

The form appears to be for people who claim they were born in the United States and are US citizens, but who are unable to provide a birth certificate confirming they telling the truth. In those circumstances it is probably reasonable to request alternative evidence which might be able to help show where they were born (eg hospital or doctor records, or baptismal records, or school records).