Immigration Closure

All governement offices will be closed on July 15th and probably also on July 18th. (I know government schools are closed on the 18th, so the rest of government probably also) Do keep this in mind if you need to do an extension of stay or have to go to a Thai embassy or consulate abroad on the 15th. Embassies and Cconsulates are open on the 18th, honorary consulates might be open on the 15th also.

Immigration policy is to allow to extend on the first working day if your permission to stay ends on a day immigration is closed, without a fine for overstay. But remember that doing an extension early will not mean that you will lose any days. The extension starts when your current permission to stay ends.

The banks in Thailand will be closed on Monday, June 18. If your UK bank works as fast as my Swiss bank your funds will be available in your Thai account already tomorrow, Thursday. If you have made transfers before you can go by how many working days it took in the past.

hi Mario...what about the banks? I dispatched a transfer from a bank in the UK to K-bank today and was hopin' that the funds would be available by the 18th...

I was expecting a credit to hit my K-Bank on Friday the 15th, knowing most banks are closed I called K-Bank and they confirmed that it would not be credited on the 15th, I would have to wait until the 18th. Not sure if the information provided was accurate though

Unless there has been a government notice published believe banks will be open on the 18th as they are not allowed by banking regulations to close more than 3 days in a row and Friday the 15 is an official banking holiday.

My Passport was stamped to pick up my 1yr extension on 18 Jul. I called immigration today and they confirmed that they are closed on Monday and that I should come in on the 19th.

They confirmed that since the 18th is a National holiday, there is no problem in coming the following day.

Did you intend to post in this thread? We were talking about holidays and have not a clue what you are responding to.

If done in person next 90 day report is 90 days from doing the report. If done by mail suspect it will be processed on the due date so next report will be 90 days from that date.

lopburi3

Read the first post. It says by filing 90 day report early you will NOT lose any days. I was responding to that. It was in relation to holidays.

You verified what I said.

Did you intend to post in this thread? We were talking about holidays and have not a clue what you are responding to.

If done in person next 90 day report is 90 days from doing the report. If done by mail suspect it will be processed on the due date so next report will be 90 days from that date.

Read the first post. It says by filing 90 day report early you will NOT lose any days. I was responding to that. It was in relation to holidays.

I see nothing about "90 day report" in the first post of this topic but I see this, which is about extensions of stay:

Immigration policy is to allow to extend on the first working day if your permission to stay ends on a day immigration is closed, without a fine for overstay. But remember that doing an extension early will not mean that you will lose any days. The extension starts when your current permission to stay ends.