Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Tot Adsl Settings

MartinBKK

Just wondering if anyone knows what the correct MTU value should be for TOT (in Sansai, Chiangmai). I currently am set to 1454 but i have been having some issues with my new Belkin Play Max ADSL router/modem whereas i had none with my old Billion modem. I have trawled the net for this info but am unable to find it. If someone could let me know i would be very grateful.

Cheers

Thanks for that. I will try it.

My problem is my new Belkin modem is disconnecting from the internet fairly frequently. I am not suffering any disconnects with the old Billion modem.

When the modem is connected though i am surfing and downloading with adequate speeds.

Edited by MartinBKK

If you're experiencing frequent or random disconnects, changing the MTU will make no difference. It sounds to me like compatibility issues between Belkin hardware and TOT equipment.

BTW, post your modem stats -- SNR margin, Line Attenuation etc.

If you're experiencing frequent or random disconnects, changing the MTU will make no difference. It sounds to me like compatibility issues between Belkin hardware and TOT equipment.

BTW, post your modem stats -- SNR margin, Line Attenuation etc.

post-29976-0-90773700-1310735930_thumb.j

Those numbers look good to me.

What happened to the Billion modem you had been using?

I still have it. I wanted to improve my wireless that's why i bought a new one. Before i used a Billion with another wireless access point. Now i have this Belkin playmax which is a modem and wireless router in one.

When i use this new one as an access point only in conjuction with the Billion modem everything is fine, but when i use this Belkin play max as a modem and a wireless router my internet connection is not as stable. Just trying to work out why.

Since you still have the Blllion modem go into its setup/menu settings and copy/write down the settings....then compare them to your new modem's settings.

Hi Pib

I have every setting the same as far as i can see. The only thing that may be different is the MTU which has been set to default on both. I can't find out what the default is on the Billion but i know it's 1454 on the Belkin. I am starting to think my new Belkin playmax is just faulty because i have tried it on various MTU settings and i continue to have disconnection issues.

I had TOT DSL service up to a few weeks ago and used a Billion modem (I'm now on True cable internet). I just fired up the Billion modem and its MTU setting is the Default setting. See below thumbnail of the Billion MTU setting.

post-55970-0-40379300-1310816038_thumb.j

Edited by Pib

Is only your pppoe connection drops or ADSL sync also drops? Check the router log for that. Anyway I can't think of any way MTU can cause disconnections... With MTU too high usually you will see some sites not loading (like Hotmail, Yahoo Mail) and other sites loading just fine.

BTW, MTU 1492 works just fine for me here in Phuket for TOT connections...

Could you please post a screenshot of a relevant Belkin config page?

Edited by Gregory Morozov

• 3 weeks later...

Is only your pppoe connection drops or ADSL sync also drops? Check the router log for that. Anyway I can't think of any way MTU can cause disconnections... With MTU too high usually you will see some sites not loading (like Hotmail, Yahoo Mail) and other sites loading just fine.

BTW, MTU 1492 works just fine for me here in Phuket for TOT connections...

Could you please post a screenshot of a relevant Belkin config page?

Firstly sorry to bust into the OP thread but I am looking to setup my old Billion BiPac 7404 VGP with Annexe M that I bought with me from Australia recently.

I am with True online and using their supplied modem which is a 1 Port ZyXEL WiFi V1.

I will do a factory reset on my Billion Modem ans I also have all of the True login details password etc having installed connect myself.

Would appreciate forms assistance in the PPPOE settings and any other changes in configeration that I need to make.

Again sorry for breaking into thread but it seemed logical given that similar details were being sort.

I am looking to setup my old Billion BiPac 7404 VGP with Annexe M that I bought with me from Australia recently. <snip> Would appreciate forms assistance in the PPPOE settings and any other changes in configeration that I need to make.

This...

Mode:		Routing
Encapsulation:	PPPoE
Multiplexing:	LLC
VPI/VCI:	0/100

MTU:		1492

ADSL Mode:	Multimode