Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working

maccaroni man

for the last coupke of days none of our note books (3) will open yahoo mail. yahoo home page opeens but when i go to sign in or to mail i get the server wont work message, i do the trouble shooting thing and they find no problem. yesterday myyahoo opened but today no luck on that too. any suggestions, btw i tried to upload latest programs but they said my system wont support it. hot mail, thai visa and google all open but no yahoo.

I have also had some strange things happening with Win7 since I got their update SP1 about a week ago

* Some USB ports are now not recognizing printers

* Print Server is showing as "started" but won't respond or allow printing. Sometimes it I can not stop the service and restart the 1st attempt. OK 2nd try

* It is also affecting the printing on a network server that is still running XP Pro!!??

* IE8 often stops responding

* MSWord & Excel stop responding and need to reboot the compurt. - Logging off doesn't help

* Generally the reponse when selecting applications is very slow

Anybody else having similar challenges?

Is it Win7 SP1?

TOT I think has upgraded the software on the routers and modems, I had a lot of problems over the weekend, with slowness of websites opening and sometimes not even opening. I just turned the Modem off, left it overnight, turned it on this morning website loading faster.

Edited by beano2274

TOT I think has upgraded the software on the routers and modems, I had a lot of problems over the weekend, with slowness of websites opening and sometimes not even opening. I just turned the Modem off, left it overnight, turned it on this morning website loading faster.

Yes, but not for very long, the problem restarted mid morning again, one does not know what the problem is, TOT will obviously try to solve it, but time-wise, we have no idea, the problem started last Friday and they naturally worked over the weekend to sort it out, but unfortunately unsuccessful, they are either repairing something, or perhaps installing a completely new system, lets hope it is the latter and we get higher speed ... Hmm.