English Speaking Chinese (Mandarin) Teacher In Chiang Mai

vagabond48

I would suggest Call into the Chinese Consular Generals office, which is close to Chiang Mai Gate, and introduce yourself and your credentials. They will certainly have good contacts with the local government and I think your timing could be good. I believe there are plans to run a rail line from China via Chiang Mai to Bangkok, and there is already a surge in Chinese tourists coming to Thailand. I think this year they are on track to become the largest overseas tourist contingent in Thailand.

As for specifically teaching children I have no idea or contacts, however I have noticed a few Chinese tour parties in town, it may be an idea to offer your services as a translator or teaching adults in the hotel trade.

I'm pretty sure there is a partly Chinese school on the Highway (Mahidol part) somewhere, or somewhere near there. The name is something like Sing Seung.

Also I think a lot of the larger private schools have introduced Chinese even for the smaller children.

Edited by cmsally

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I happen to be a native Chinse teacher who has taught Chinese to foreign students for 2 years, if you are interested please contact me at [use PM function]

If you are interested in learning Chinese, you can contact me tooooo. :)

• 3 months later...

I am moving to Changchun, China in February and would like to spend the time until then to prepare by taking intensive Mandarin courses.

I am thinking about 3-5 classes/week @ 2-3 hrs/day. Classes should begin next week.

If you are interested, please send me your credentials and teaching background, then we can meet this week to discuss the details.

Regards,

Thomas