Investment Visa

I am 40 years old from the UK not working and I do not have a Thai-wife.

For the past three years I have been living in Thailand on one year Multiple entry Non Im "O" visa issue by the Hull consular on the basis that I was "visiting friends".

Leaving Thailand every 90 is no problem for me but having to go to the UK every year sometimes is. I have been reading the requirements a one year extention on investment grounds.

It appears that I need to keep 3m baht in a government bank (ie Krung Thai OK but Bangkok Bank not) and that the funds have to come from overseas.

I currently have around 1.7m baht in a Bangkok Bank account - orginally I transferred 2.6m baht for a property purchase and have toped the account up for cash later.

My question is if I open a Krung Thai account transfer 1.3 million from the UK and then move the 1.7 million from the Bangkok Bank will that be OK

My question is if I open a Krung Thai account transfer 1.3 million from the UK and then move the 1.7 million from the Bangkok Bank will that be OK

Sorry No. You must have a foreign exchange cert ( Tor Tor 3) from the bank stating that the funds came from overseas.

You have two choices..

1. Wire the 1.7 mil back to the UK and resend it ( will be hard if you don't have the Tor Tor 3 from the initial deposit)

2. Just take the letter from the Bangkok bank and the tor tor 3 and bank letter from Krung Thai bank on the 1.3 million. Then see if you get lucky. It should not happen but this is Amazing Thailand. Sometimes you will get discretion of the officer to be lenient and understanding.

www.lawyer.th.com