Please Advice For Stay For Ukrainian Fighters

Tzvi

Hello dear forum friends. I need some help.

My very good friends ( muaythai club from Ukraine ) were invited to come and compete in 3rd Open Muay Thai Amateur Championship. between 12 and 17th of august. It will take place in Nimibuth indoor stadium,Bangkok.

Now the problem. Those guys are really poor but decent fighters. That's why they won't participate in any courses etc. but the hotel they are offered is also highly priced ( for them )-

Official Hotel Room type Room Rate

TWIN TOWER

BANGKOK Single (1 bed) 1800 Baht per Night

Twin room (2 beds) 1900 Baht per Night

Triple room 2800 Baht per Night

Those prices are really high for them, they barely found money for the ticket. They need something much cheaper, some guesthouse not far from there but at least 5 times cheaper.

Can you guys help with advice please?

I'd be surprised if a Bangkok based Muay Thai group couldn't find somewhere cheaper frankly. Maybe you should contact them directly and explain your plight?

I don't know somewhere that cheap myself but I'm sure someone will be along shortly.....although I'm almost sure the Thais themselves could find even cheaper than anyone on this board will offer.

The guys are coming from Ukraine and very afraid-have never been to Thailand before.The organizers want them to stay in this hotel but it is too much for them they want a cheaper guesthouse..

The guys are coming from Ukraine and very afraid-have never been to Thailand before.The organizers want them to stay in this hotel but it is too much for them they want a cheaper guesthouse..

Ah Amazing Thailand at its best, ripped off before they even get here, not surprised the organisers want them to stay there, wonder what their kick back is?

However I digress, are you sure you dont mean Nimibutr, this is in the MBK, Siam Square area, waiting for some downloads to come in , so had time to do a quick search

Sounds as if the cheapest flophouse/flea pits are most likely, Wendy House and A-One Inn, never stayed in either and its doubtful I ever will, so unable to offer any comments.

Google is your friend, just google gusethouses MBK Bangkok, or Guesthouses Siam Square Bangkok.

Have read threw the hotel section I've read threw a few threads with budget hotels in they listed prices location and wether it was any good

Sorry wrong website Have a look on pattaya addicts hotel section

Edited by 22ste22

Ah Amazing Thailand at its best, ripped off before they even get here, not surprised the organisers want them to stay there, wonder what their kick back is?

A room for 2 at 950bt each in the middle of Bangkok might be more than these guys can afford but it's hardly a 'rip off'.

A room for 2 at 950bt each in the middle of Bangkok might be more than these guys can afford but it's hardly a 'rip off'.

This is a fair point. The OP should talk to the organisers and failing that some local Muay Thai groups who can possibly sort out some cheaper accomodation.

Having said that anyone could offer a place for a third of the price of the suggested hotel.

This is a fair point. The OP should talk to the organisers and failing that some local Muay Thai groups who can possibly sort out some cheaper accomodation.

Having said that anyone could offer a place for a third of the price of the suggested hotel.

Try this link,

http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/bangkok_and_surrounds/bangkok/siam_square_and_surrounds/all/193

My downloads have finished, and so am I for this evening, happy hunting guys.

Rooms at Krit Thai Mansion(opposite National Stadium) are half the price stated above.

If they don't mind commuting by local transport, they can stay in the backpackers area, Banglamphu. They won't need mod cons. At somewhere like the Merry V Guesthouse they'll get a twin room for as little as 200 to 300 baht. Just a bed and a fan. Shower and bathroom outside in the corridor, but none of this is a hardship.

Merry V Guesthouse

There is a ring just around the corner. Turn right once you leave the Merry V and then left when you reach the end of the street. continue to the end and it's there on the right.

There is also a gym in the Thewet(I think on Krung Kasem) area where you can train for around 20 baht per session. Take a membership for about 50 baht and you won't have to pay again.

They can take a local bus to the Stadium for around 5 baht. Air con bus between 10 & 15 baht.

It's a good place to stay, as they will be surrounded by their peers. Food is inexpensive. Sanam Luang is nearby for running and general outdoor training.

Some options around Banglamphu

he aforementioned Krit Thai Mansion sits at the entrance to the National Stadium station and is half the price of the 'official' hotel.

Incidentally, it is cheaper to book the official hotel directly than the prices you have stated. Twin Towers Either way, I wouldn't bother. The proximity of the other suggestions on Soi Kasem San 1 and Krit Thai won't put them at a disadvantage. 3 beds in one room at Krit Thai will be 1280 baht.

Good luck.

May be you know how to get there from the airport?

Get where? Banglamphu or National Stadium?

Banglamphu: The Airport Bus AE2 goes to Khaosan Road for 150 baht. Get off at Pra A-Thit Road for Merry V and New Merry V. The Khaosan Road itself is too distracting. If there are more than two people you can consider taking a meter Taxi from the official taxi rank at the airport. Of course they should use the meter. If not you should exit the taxi immediately. Some people go upstairs to catch taxis that have dropped people off at Departures, in order to save the 50 baht airport fee, but if you are newcomers, it's best to use the Meter Taxi rank. Ignore all offers from touts.

If money really is tight, they can take the Public Bus from the Airport's Transportation centre(free shuttle from the airport to the Transportation Centre) and then take Bus no. 556 for 35 baht each. Get off at the Thammasat University stop for the Pra A-Thit Rd or the Democracy Monument stop for the Khaosan Road.

Here is a map

The indicator shows the location of Thammasat University. Nearby Chana Songkhram is where the Merry V/New Merry V is located. Use the Zoom function(The + sign whilst keeping the indicator in the centre of the map) if you want to see the location of the Khaosan Road. The 'roundabout' below Bowon Niwet is where the Democracy Monument stop is situated.

If they get lost, they must not use the Tuk-Tuks. They should only use metered taxis and insist politely that he use the meter. The cost will be relatively low. Probably under US$2 from wherever they get off the bus. But everyone knows the Khaosan Road, so if they get lost, just use that street name. They can walk if they don't have too much luggage.

I'd be surprised if a Bangkok based Muay Thai group couldn't find somewhere cheaper frankly. Maybe you should contact them directly and explain your plight?

I don't know somewhere that cheap myself but I'm sure someone will be along shortly.....although I'm almost sure the Thais themselves could find even cheaper than anyone on this board will offer.

To correct this post....Jiu Jitsu has nailed it. wink.gif

The local bus option is a tough call though....better to budget for a shared taxi I would reckon.

National Stadium:

Same advice as above for taxis.

There is the Airport Link City Line. It is a train service from the airport. I think it costs 45 baht each. Get of a Phyathai station and take a meter taxi to the National Stadium(Kasem San 1 if you choose to stay there). If it is daytime when you travel. You can use the Skytrain service from Phyathai to National Stadium. No more than 30 baht each.

Map here

Wait!! There are no more AE(Airport Express) buses to and from the airport as from the 1st of June, so forget about that option.

So take the free shuttle bus Line A from the airport to the Transportation Centre if you want to use the public bus service to Banglamphu.

Bus number 15 to from Banglamphu(Khaosan area) to the SIAM(National Stadium) area. Confirm with locals when there.

Airport website with links to all the aforementioned transport options.

The local bus option is a tough call though....better to budget for a shared taxi I would reckon.

Seriously my friend, if these guys are fighters they are going to need to get used to the change of climate quite quickly. A little walking in the heat should not phase them.

Seriously my friend, if these guys are fighters they are going to need to get used to the change of climate quite quickly. A little walking in the heat should not phase them.

Let the training start immediately eh? I like your style.....and best of luck to 'em!