Ordering New Macbook Air Online

RKeith

I'm gonna order the new Macbook Air and because I'm planning to get the i7 version, I have no choice but to get it BTO online. They're not available yet in the stores here in LOS anyway. When I checked the Apple Store online (Thailand), it's listed as "pending Agency approval and won't be shipped til mid August. But when I changed country to Singapore and Malaysia, they're available (3 business days). So my question is, will it be possible to order using the Singapore or Malaysia online stores? Has anybody done this before? I'm using a Thai Visa card.

You cannot unless you have a delivery address to send it to in Singapore or Malaysia.

Interesting! Then I guess its doable. :lol: I can have it shipped to a student living in Penang. Thanks, Neg.

And the credit card billing address is the same country.....not that easy.

Easier just to fly there and buy one. Call the apple store tell them order a CTO and fly airasia cheaply to pick it up. Some apple stores in HK might even have some CTO in stock.

There is a more complicated way by using a company such as shipito.com in US or HK.

Edited by negreanu

You cannot unless you have a delivery address to send it to in Singapore or Malaysia.

Interesting! Then I guess its doable. :lol: I can have it shipped to a student living in Penang. Thanks, Neg.

And the credit card billing address is the same country.....not that easy.

Easier just to fly there and buy one. Call the apple store tell them order a CTO and fly airasia cheaply to pick it up. Some apple stores in HK might even have some CTO in stock.

There is a more complicated way by using a company such as shipito.com in US or HK.

Thanks for the tips. Will look into those. I'm also thinking of using the "Gifting" feature in the Apple Store; gifting it to my student in Penang. Hope it solves this credit card situation ^^

Edited by RKeith

Hi,

I have experience purchased Apple products (few iphone4) at Singapore Apple store using both Malaysia and Thai credit card.

The billing address must be same as your credit card billing address. But the shipping address must be same as the country Apple store.

Hope this info help

^^ Interesting, didnt know it would work with Thai credit cards too.

In my experience a U.S. credit card works in any Apple store. As has been said, shipping address must be in-country though.

I'd order it quickly as these machines are going to be hard to get for a while, they're selling like hotcakes. That's also likely the reason Thailand is getting them way late.

I tried the same thing when I ordered my iPhone through the Singapore site. Not only did you need a Singapore mailing address, but your credit card also had to have a Singapore address. Good luck, mine's on the way via family in the US.

You mentioned a student, do you work at an educational institute in Thailand? I was earlier in the year when ordering my MBP and used the Apple Education Store, saved myself a little less than 10K baht cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

For your info. Just ordered the new Mac Mini from HK apple store shipped to shipito.com (HK division) using my Singapore visa card and thailand billing address. Shipped to shipito.com in 24 hours.

They will DHL it to BKK today.

Im thinking of buying MBA from the HK store and have someone send it to BKK.

How much did you have to pay for the customs fee?