Best Value Voip Solution

jayinoz

Naturally Skype has several deals......others recommend www.voip-thailand.com . Whilst others go for the cheapest that are hit and miss.

For best BANG for your buck what have others found.

Small business in Thai needing VOIP IN\OUT, where to get VOIP gear, what is best gear, etc, etc.

Basically would be good to have headphone fix PCs and hand free options. Rings on PC (If on) or on your VOIP phone unit when PCs off.

Portable wise you can setup on mobile device if needed- if traveling.

I spent hours researching best pricing, so will share research on costs, equipment, etc in what we find and test. We have small office of PC x5 and needing solution for better call rates back to homeland in Aussie and UK.

Some have available VOIP IN numbers for UK, Aussie or wherever..... as most calls will be to land line and mobiles in homeland. They should have local call cost number...... currently Virtual offices take messages then send audio file of messages via email. Cheaper to do ourselves if we can.

Cheers JAY

I have a very good experience, since 2006, with voipcheap as a VoIP provider.www.voipcheap.com

Supports SIP protocol, so most of the VoIP hardware can be configured to use without the need of a PC.

If you need VoIP in, then you can obtain DID numbers at www.didww.com This numbers can be connected to your Voipcheap account.

A hardware provider might be Poisetechnology in Sukhumvit Soi 2. www.poisetechnology.com

For hardware there are other solutions as well, all affordable.

I have some experience with all this, and eventually willing to give some more help.

Thankz Ward...

Currently have voip discount- which is same company as voip cheap, voip stunt and many more....

They told me to get a DID then add it.... I gather I cannot bring my Skype number being a Aussie number with me? Skype charge quarterly for the number rental then more for every little thing after- like getting voice mails, etc. So SKYPE can really add up.

If I had the skills I probably could do something with voip discount... as all Landlines and Asian mobiles free for a 10 EU change every 120 days. AMAZING deal.... call mobiles in Thai, Aussie\UK landlines, etc for free. Well 10 EURO per 120 days I should say.

Equipment wise been talking with this firm for gear...in Bangkok. Plus they trying to sell on their services. Yet cannot offer free landlines as voip discount or cheap can. Or free to mobiles for a monthly fee. Seems more complicated- easiest for most people is to sign up with SKYPE as you need zero knowledge. Yet ultimately you loss in costs and quality.

http://www.voip-thailand.com/voip_did_provider.html

If their deals are good and offer support will be worth it as opposed to import from Internet from HK\China\USA etc.

Thoughts? - most Thai firms seem to have a jumbled mess as opposed to easy to use plans ans support. Not in Kanas anymore Toto.... Keep it simple stupid should be more their Motto.

Anyway will continue to share info... or will simply PM with others whom offer their knowledge. As I gather some may not be willing to share as takes dozens of hours to get best solution. PM me if do not wish to share to public....thanks.

Cheers Jay

I think it depends enormously on which countries you will be calling, and which countries will be calling you.

For example, I make hardly any calls at all but I do have a lot of people in the UK and Europe who call me. So I have a free London DID and a pay (3EUR/month) French DID, coupled to two pre-pay accounts both with no monthly charge. The numbers ring via a SIP client on my laptop and also via SIP on my Android mobile when I'm in range of wifi.

Some people who call me from Europe have triple-play ADSL boxes that include free calls to Thai mobiles, so for them it is very simple.

Outgoing calls I make via VOIP and they cost about GBP0.01 per minute or nothing, depending on the number dialled. But I rarely make more than 2 calls a week anyway so GBP10 prepay lasts for months.