Bbc Radio 5 Live Live Feed

briley

Has anyone had any recent success in listening to the BBC Radio 5 Live during a live sports event?

The streaming audio is only available in the UK - as shown by your IP address - during live sports events, especially football. I used to put in a UK proxy (as from proxy4free) into the IE connection box and it used to work. But just recently either the proxy's are not working or the BBC has got wise to the trick and learnt how to defeat it.

As the BBC world service has now got the same block during saturday sport we are back using the steam radio - modern technology!

Has anyone had any recent success in listening to the BBC Radio 5 Live during a live sports event?

The streaming audio is only available in the UK - as shown by your IP address - during live sports events, especially football. I used to put in a UK proxy (as from proxy4free) into the IE connection box and it used to work. But just recently either the proxy's are not working or the BBC has got wise to the trick and learnt how to defeat it.

As the BBC world service has now got the same block during saturday sport we are back using the steam radio - modern technology!

try this link also has "talksport" on it as well ..

http://www.jsat.tv/radio.htm

Thanks, but that is via satalite, not internet.

To answer my own question it appears that the BBC stops all internet feeds when the radio station is carrying live football, formula 1 and some other sports. This effects Radio 5 live, radio 5 sports extra and the world service as well as local radio stations.

I listened to The Ashes series recently on Live Five. There were two speeds, 48 and 22 kbs l think, the 48 speed was too fast for my connection but the 22 kbs came in loud and clear all day long. Haven't tried listening to the soccer as l can watch that on UBC if l wish.