What Will I Lose

boaterjack

... Also the majority of the Thai females they marry have worked in bars which is obvious, Thailand makes liars of most guys that come, doubt the silly Mr Foriegner admits to his family and friends that she was a prostitute.

It looks like you are talking out of a personal experience. I, for one, know many Westerners, who are married to a Thai, and none of those ladies have ever worked in a bar. In fact most of them are graduates or post graduates. I suppose we live in a different world to you and your friends.

Just because they are graduates, doesn't mean that they can't work in a bar or karaoke. I know several who does.

Am happy married to a thai woman from more than 4 years, and 3 months ago we had a wonderful baby.

I meet her here in Hua Hin during a vacation, she was working in a project selling houses. I was not looking for relationship, nore "easy" nore serious. But things happens, expecially if you do not expect for...

Near master degreeded in building engineering, indipendent, proud to be thai, far from family for to study, queit and nice, as millions of other thai girls living here.

First we become friends, then she come for a vacation in Italy (lot of people will be surprised of how easy it will be to get a shenghen visa for a girl who have a normal good job).

After she realized we (farangs) do not permanently live on holiday, spending money and getting drunks, we decided to go marry (this helps with stayng permission, but love was the true reason, believe me or not).

We live in Europe, both hardly working, coming here on holiday two or more time per year.

Happy, also fighting as everyone in a normal family. She's a devote spouse, a good worker, a good housewife, respectful daughter in law.

If back i will do it again, with her of course.

Sad to see that also here we are divided in two groups...

One think all the bad is possible about mixed marriages, sayng we are walking ATM, girls just think at money, all comes form bars... and so on. Someone on this group had bad experiences, i understand, and now think all are the same...

But do you asked yourself if you don't bid on the wrong horse?

Because a thai girl is like a girl everywhere... if no reason for to go marry without love in farangland, why here have to be different?

No one can hidden Thailand is a paradise for "easy" relationship with girls (the one in the sex business, or near to it...), is it a good reason for to marry one of them? And... could you be surprised if it will not work? (may be someone could be surprised earing of those who are happy also after married a bar girl, i know a few also, happy and in love, but also a lot who regret this). If not mature, if not in love, if not sure... why do this? Better to go ahead with "easy" relationships, marriage is a serious thing, everywhere.

Changing land... you think you would do the same in Europe? To go wedding with a street girl Hamburg, or Amsterdam or Rome?

No... am sure not...

So, why here have to be different?

The truth is that girls are the same everywhere, as us.

Of course culture have it weight, but is not all.

Behaviour can change, culture can be adapted, in bad and good way, always.

:jap:

Edited by Ciocco

:o Bad experience, not me, just pointing to the truth.

GRADUATE, UNI GIRL NEVER WORKED IN A BAR, GO TO SOI COWBOY, HALF OF THE GIRLS THAT WORK THERE ARE UNI GIRLS.

You dont pay them to stay, you pay them to leave.

Why bring sweets to a sweetshop, money talks here, see something you like and go make the deal, almost 100% success rate, Golf Course (caddy), Tesco, beach or walking the street, even stop them on their motrbike, easy. :lol:

Edited by alina

What a sadness alina...

If you want to find a bad way everywhere for sure you will...

common places...

metropolitan legends...

to be sure everyone is the same of others...

such a bad feeling.

I use to say who do bad, think bad... sorry...

i wish you to meet better people in the future, may be you will change your mind.

• 3 months later...

What a sadness alina...

If you want to find a bad way everywhere for sure you will...

common places...

metropolitan legends...

to be sure everyone is the same of others...

such a bad feeling.

I use to say who do bad, think bad... sorry...

i wish you to meet better people in the future, may be you will change your mind.

I for one dont think it makes a jot of difference how or where you meet your partner. The success or failure of a relationship will be born simply out of whether the fact the respective partners needs are met. Yes Asian women, tending to come from an over populated continent (especially over populated with women!) will tend to marry for practical reasons as much as anything else? So what? All that means to me is that they are easier to figure out! And that means easier to be happy with...instead of all this mumbo jumbo mystique surrounding notions of love with western women! Long live lovely Thai ladies!

Previous posters miss out

When you marry everything acquired after marriage split 50/50 after divorce INCLUDE children.

Not like west where woman own children.

Not marry, children only ever belong to her.

If you intend have children correct order important, buy condo (I prefer rent), buy car (maybe) then get marry have children.

Never take lady out of Thailand, she never get rights in west.

Absolute rubbish..

I won full custody of my Daughter here in Thailand & i'm not married, nor ever will be, to her Mother.

OP, most sensible Post on the thread was the one about the Cow & the Milk, honestly..smile.gif

... Also the majority of the Thai females they marry have worked in bars which is obvious, Thailand makes liars of most guys that come, doubt the silly Mr Foriegner admits to his family and friends that she was a prostitute.

It looks like you are talking out of a personal experience. I, for one, know many Westerners, who are married to a Thai, and none of those ladies have ever worked in a bar. In fact most of them are graduates or post graduates. I suppose we live in a different world to you and your friends.

I know many respectable western men, married to respectable educated Thai women.

Almost none of the respectable western men can understand ANY Thai, and when I earwig on the respectable Thai women, they nearly all appear to be doing Thai 'bar talk'.

Many western men do seem to live in a different (fantasy) world to their educated Thai wives.

Edited by ludditeman

Previous posters miss out

When you marry everything acquired after marriage split 50/50 after divorce INCLUDE children.

Not like west where woman own children.

Not marry, children only ever belong to her.

If you intend have children correct order important, buy condo (I prefer rent), buy car (maybe) then get marry have children.

Never take lady out of Thailand, she never get rights in west.

Absolute rubbish..

I won full custody of my Daughter here in Thailand & i'm not married, nor ever will be, to her Mother.

OP, most sensible Post on the thread was the one about the Cow & the Milk, honestly..smile.gif

Yes quality answer, Cow and Milk. Thats "Tee Shirt" logo material. :o

Edited by BazilFox