Afternoon Delight

expatman

(Anyone remember the song "Afternoon Delight" from the 70's ?)

Bangkok is a big city, but it has always surprised me how few "entertainment" places are open in the afternoon. Seems like most of the bar girls don't get up until late afternoon

I'm tired of / bored with the few I know, so looking for other air-conditioned farang-friendly pubs with friendly girls. No massage parlors or open-air "bar-beers" please. Pool table, snack foods, short-time accommodation would be pluses.

Unable to help the OP as he hasn't listed his already visited establishments...I hate repetition.

Anyway sorry to hijack but I'm looking for a library that's open at 2am....I often get the urge to read then....must be open air though as I also enjoy gazing up at the stars....rolleyes.gif

That's why the song says "One night in Bangkok".

:-)

No seriously, there are plenty bars open at daytime, just as all other bigger cities, including the more naughty ones as well.

Walk around Sukhumvit Sois: 3-4-5-7-9-11, etc, and you see plenty.

Suk soi 7/1 has everything you are seeking.

If you cant be bothered beating about the bush and want to get straight down to the nitty gritty try the bus stop just outside soi 5, its a regular united nations these days.