Christmas Booking

stevoo

i am booking my 2 month christmas holiday in patts, having previously stayed on soi bukow the soi is getting a little too dangerous with all the traffic so iam looking for a quieter place to stay does anyone have the contact details for the nirun grand ville cndo and the the silver star guest house

thanks stevoo

A little dangerous I think is not really, just have to be careful of course but that goes for all of Pattaya, soi baukao with all its new hotels and go go bars is a great area and many side roads with good guesthouses such as lk metro, soi Diana and soi chayapoon well run and good rates.

Incidentally there are 67 go go's in this area now and more coming soon.

A little dangerous I think is not really, just have to be careful of course but that goes for all of Pattaya, soi baukao with all its new hotels and go go bars is a great area and many side roads with good guesthouses such as lk metro, soi Diana and soi chayapoon well run and good rates.

67 go-go's in the Soi Buakao / LK area ???

Are you sure - 10-15 maybe.

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Simon

OOPS yes I meant 6 or 7, there is Oasis, Champagne, Baby Boom, (not recommended as very poor) Mash, The Office, Submarine, Kiss, and Sugar Sugar, and a few more in the pipeline, I also heard from a Pal who runs a Walking street go go that his consortium are looking to buy a largish building in soi Chayapoom and making into a Go Go.

Simon

I also heard from a Pal who runs a Walking street go go that his consortium are looking to buy a largish building in soi Chayapoom and making into a Go Go.

Does this mean you'll be moving from your place dave and going somewhere more upmarket than that Soi ??

Rent up,takings down ??

Stevoo, not really sure that the Nirun condo is that quiet.Everytime i have been there it seems pretty bustling. Having said that there a couple of good bars there. I don't know if Legends is still open. but that was a good place to go, before hitting the town. Also across the road was the Shagwell hotel, run by a character called darcy from Australia, a real 100% genuine guy, again don't know if he is still there. Over the years there have been a few so called suicides there ( but I use the word loosely ) bacause the deaths were suspicious. But I also know a lot of good people there that will swear by the place. I think you can probably get a decent room there for about 5-6,000 baht a month, and like I said there are a lot of characters there. Best of luck.

I lived in Nirun before moving to the dark side, I still head that way on the way into town, Legends is still open and Shagwells is still there, although Darcy has his own bar about 200 yards down the road called Darcys Den, I think that staying at Shagwells which is directly opposite Nirun would be a good option for you, you can get cheaper rates if your staying there for 2 months and at that time of year there are always people coming and going, always peeps in the bar etc so your never short of people to talk to etc and only a 5 minute motorbike taxi ride into town or 10 minute walk. There are bars and little restaurants/cafes in Soi Arunotai and Nirun and always something happening.

Happy holidays.

Jimmy

PS Shagwells is now officially called The Wombat Bar!!